Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Stourport 2009

+17
jolly
nhazelwood
tard
GT3Rob
lin and tony
wheeliebin
RICK
Woodstock
mac aspley
Rum Tum Tugger
Mk3rob
muttley
Regsmonster
ZED
TRR Motorsport
Jono
Martin & Nettie
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stourport 2009 - Page 4 Empty Re: Stourport 2009

Post  nhazelwood Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:58 am

By the time i've picked her up in the morning from coventry, dirven 10 miles, broken down, driven another 10 miles, broken down...etc...it would be time to turn round before we'd get there !

Seriously tho', Maisie's only 4 & as much as she loves Walle & can't wait to have a drive in him, she's a bit shy around strangers. Plus i don't want to risk getting her home late !

I can drop her off & be down on saturday night so no prob's. My mate is up for being there on the saturday & putting the tents up tho'. (saves me the 3 minutes it takes to put my tent up)

Neil
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Number of posts : 259
Job/hobbies : Design Engineer, Insomniac, General Bodger
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Stourport 2009 - Page 4 Empty Kids

Post  Mk3rob Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:29 pm

We all love kids, but i have cut back and can only eat 1 per meal time.
They do stick in your throat sometimes Twisted Evil
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:30 pm

I will be there in a disco again and so will wallie (even if i have to tow it there...sorry neil). If you need numbers for support vehicles then count me in. Will have as much support gear as i can carry and a few tins of extra fuel if anyone thinks it would help.

Hopefully this year i wont need towing out myself Smile My new disco is somewhat modified.
jolly
jolly

Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : off road
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  nhazelwood Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 pm

Don't be cheeky woz, just because Walle had a few teething troubles when i picked him up... All i shall say is, How many times have your various Landies broken down on the way offroading ? Most memorable one being ... I'm sure that diff's getting louder, where's all that oil coming from ? followed by Doh Bl##dy Matt.

Seriously tho', looking forward to driving the ultimate in offroad vehicluar transport........................& maybe having a go in your Disco too.

Neil
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:33 pm

ok, so i didn't clean out the old broken diff before fitting the new one in....collected 8 old teeth from the case, welded it up and off we go, until the starter stuck and burnt out, oh and then the gearbox imploded..yeah maybe i should have bought a scamp afterall. Still perhaps the new disco will be the answer...

Just make sure you pack the tool box in the scamp, i'll probably need to borrow it Smile
jolly
jolly

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:26 am

jolly wrote:maybe i should have bought a scamp afterall

That's almost blasphemy! You don't buy a Scamp, you build your own. Twisted Evil

Elaine. Wink
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Stourport 2009 - Page 4 Empty Naming time

Post  Mk3rob Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 am

Hi Elaine

Kwack-Kwack Twisted Evil sounds appropriate
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  nhazelwood Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:06 am

The way Walle's rebuild is going my tool box will consist of:~ 1 set of Allen keys, electrical screwdriver, pliers & gaffa tape....Every bolt i'm replacing is coming from my ex companies stocks of grade 12.9 capscrews hehe... with enough gaffa tape, you can accomplish anything.
Still as the main role of walle's bonnet at the moment is that of workbench, don't be suprised if i turn up complete with a vise...complete with 'Black & Decker' transfers on too.

Woz, just wait till Matts out offroading & weld a set of wheels to his Snap-On toolchest....Instant trailer & portable machine shop. (i'm sure you could weld one of his compressors to the back of your disco, would match the size of your fuel tanks).

Neil
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 pm

It is a scamp, its just heavily land rover based thats all

Stourport 2009 - Page 4 Photo040

Stourport 2009 - Page 4 Photo018
jolly
jolly

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Tue May 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Awesome tray-back!

The question we're all asking, is the approach angle as steep as the departure angle Question
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  nhazelwood Tue May 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Having Known Warren (Jolly) for over 18yrs Embarassed , i'd estimate that the approach angle won't be a problem... the big give away will be the extra set of wheels mounted on top of the rollcage Laughing !!!!

Seriously tho' i've seen the disco & the rear approach angle is massive, the front approach will depend on how much restraint he doesn't show with the 9" chop saw Twisted Evil !!! Boy's & their toys ! (I'm still trying to talk him into cutting most of the front off Shocked !)

Neil
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono Tue May 05, 2009 4:43 pm

first post in this thread shows correct approach angle for Landrover based toys.....90 degrees.. Cool
https://scamps.forumotion.co.uk/gallery-show-us-yours-f5/mixing-with-the-big-boys-t73.htm
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly Wed May 06, 2009 8:19 pm

think the rear angle is about 80 degrees give or take abit, the front will be less because i dont want to flip it over doing something stupid. Saying that the plan is to remove front bumper and raise it a few inches and chop the front chassis to suit. Building it because at stourbridge last year i couldn't open the rear door on my disco after i'd finished playing
jolly
jolly

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Wed May 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Why Question , was it still stuck in the mud Twisted Evil
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly Wed May 06, 2009 10:14 pm

i'm gonna go thru that section again first time round. if i get stuck again i'm gonna leave the disco there and set fire to it i think.

This time i got a 2 inch lift kit and some serious mud tyres.....oh and a winch just in case.
jolly
jolly

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 am

to be fair i'm hopeing to spend most of the weekend in neils 'wallie'. I had the luxury of a fully kitted workshop and a foldaway MATT on hand to get the job done(only neil will get this joke). Neil has rebuilt his car which to be fair was in a bit of a sorry state(good old ebay) and done a top class refurb and upgrade to the old girl with the car parked on his driveway through rain / snow / sarcasm while working full time as well using smart ideas rather than bottomless budget ones.
jolly
jolly

Back to top Go down

Post  nhazelwood Thu May 07, 2009 12:01 pm

I can tell your a 2nd hand car salesman................i nearly believed the last post Laughing .
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Nic-Nic Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:13 pm

Rum Tum Tugger wrote:It would be OK if the Commission vehicle were a Scamp, of course... (smiley needed: pig with wings)

sorry- the commision vehicles r WARRIORS ford rangers, or citeron berlingo's- the later would be more fun.
We have pics in the office of the boys gettin the warrior stuck in mud.
You can get on to the forestry commissions land through the back of cotney green farm- (spelt that wrong) - were 4eva havin iccle so and so's on quads and dirt bikes in the forest

the 4x4 thing does look fun with them, but it also specifies "4X4's" not sure what they would say to a scamp-tehehe

still need to take my scamp in 1 day, and show them- they havent met her yet.

cant w8 4 stourport- but daisy is confined to the grass- after her new paint- no scratches allowed- keep it clean for A few weeks.

daisy, chris and nic
x

Last edited by Nic-Nic on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too many big 4x4s that look the same--- scamps should replace the lot! and i found the picture out. and i think most of the fc's vehicles r fords))
Nic-Nic
Nic-Nic

Number of posts : 116
Location : Here, then over there, and now all the way up here!!!
Job/hobbies : Scamping!
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Stourport 2009 - Page 4 Empty green laning at Stourport?

Post  lin and tony Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Have looked around for green lanes local to Stourport. There are a couple over our way - bout 10 miles from SOS. We (Tony, me, Colin, Deb, Charlie and Maisie) have checked these out - light weight,easy going when we last tried a few months ago. (see the entry re - a glorious weeknd - or something like that) Nothing particularly scenic like the Peak district but pleasant enough on a sunny day and close to the Severn if you fancied a picnic. Only enough for half a days fun. One does run along a stream for about 10 yards and could be fun if there is a lot of water about.driving (Our profile pic was taken in the water there!)

There also look to be a few others a bit further away - bout 20 miles from SOS(ish) Haven't looked at them yet, but wondered if anyone would be interested. Question I know many of you are quite happy to stay at the camp site with the wealth of tracks to explore there and really just want to know if it is worth us going over to check them out (Probably will anyway at some point in the summer!) drive1
Anyway, its just one avenue of thought - (Might have to confiscate Taz keys off Tony to get him to leave the site though!)

Last edited by Lin and Tony on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a bit)
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Phaeton Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:10 am

Hello folks, a big wave from Muddybuggies.com. At Newark we were approached by Mr Harlequin, (please accept my apologies as I never did get your name) to join you in our Freestyles at your annual picnic. I have just read the whole post including the way off topic stuff Laughing to find out more to try to drum up support over on our site. Couple of questions for you if I may, as I have no idea who Mr Harlequin is/was/or could be within the club does he have the power to invite us, will we be welcome? Another question which I almost fear to ask is has the cost issue been resolved. The last current one assuming we are invited & you ave resolved the payments, how do we go about giving you the ,money?

Alan...
Phaeton
Phaeton

Number of posts : 9
Job/hobbies : Wish I had one.
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:04 am

Hi Alan,

I was the nutter in the "outfit" etc.....

I been a fan of the Freestyle for years ....but could never get round to handing over the cash Rolling Eyes .

We didn't get chance to have a good chat, with the music in the evening and the car arranging in the morning......it seemed to be a very busy weekend

Yes, I did mention off roading events especially has we've done a few in your neck of the woods (Worksop ?).

The Scamp Picnic is what it says, our big bash of the year, and is (primarily) for Scamp Owners Club Members, especially with Insurance and the Health & Safety considerations.

I'm not in a position to unilaterally invite you to the event, so appologies if that's the impression I gave.

With this year being the Scamps 40th Anniversery it might be a "Closed Shop".

But I'm sure that there will be opportunities in the future for us to join up and have some fun !

After all we've a lot in common....mini based, off road kits, insane drivers,......only your engines in the wrong place. Wink

Dave
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Regsmonster Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:16 am

Phaeton wrote:Hello folks, a big wave from Muddybuggies.com. At Newark we were approached by Mr Harlequin, (please accept my apologies as I never did get your name) to join you in our Freestyles at your annual picnic. I have just read the whole post including the way off topic stuff Laughing to find out more to try to drum up support over on our site. Couple of questions for you if I may, as I have no idea who Mr Harlequin is/was/or could be within the club does he have the power to invite us, will we be welcome? Another question which I almost fear to ask is has the cost issue been resolved. The last current one assuming we are invited & you ave resolved the payments, how do we go about giving you the ,money?

Alan...

As long as you are a paid up member of the SOC (£13) I cannot think of a reason why you couldn't attend Stourport, obviously you would have to pay for the camping/off roading at the site (like all members do). Smile
Regsmonster
Regsmonster

Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : I like to do things differently.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Stourport certainly won't be a closed shop event but as Reg has said we'll no doubt have the same arrangement as previous years. You join the club on the day (that covers insurance and you pay the £15 per vehicle for the weekend.

Pretty much anything goes (as always) but I'm sure that anyone acting in a wholey inappropriate way would get a strip torn off! Though it's not happened yet. Very Happy
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  Regsmonster Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:12 pm

TRR Motorsport wrote:I'm sure that anyone acting in a wholey inappropriate way would get a strip torn off!

Yes, they may even get shot! Stourport 2009 - Page 4 Rifle
Regsmonster
Regsmonster

Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : I like to do things differently.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:54 am

Regsmonster wrote:Yes, they may even get shot! Stourport 2009 - Page 4 Rifle

Now I'm glad I didn't sell my L85 A1................... Stourport Now redux. Laughing

Elaine. Wink
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next