Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Chrismas Party

+6
ZED
Mk3rob
RICK
Martin & Nettie
minislapper
wezgit daan saaf
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chrismas Party Empty Chrismas Party

Post  wezgit daan saaf Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Yes,I know,It's 6 months to Christmas,but if we don't book now we won't get in anywhere.So,I know at Newark I suggested Oxford,well,how about Cambridge? I have found a place and have attached the link,so have a look and see what you think.

http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/userfiles/Brochures/Christmas%202011/Menzies%20Cambridge%20Hotel%20and%20Golf%20Club%20Christmas%20Party%20Nights%202011.pdf

http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/hotels/cambridge-hotels/cambridge-hotel-leisure-breaks
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Chrismas Party Empty Re: Chrismas Party

Post  minislapper Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 pm

36 quid each plus 70 quid for a room? Yikes. affraid

minislapper

Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Elaine was saying it was around that last year,I'm trying my best!! The room was cheaper,but the meal and entertainment was more expensive,I'll have another look tomorrow,if it's too expensive.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Not had chance to look much but: same chain, different hotel, cheaper prices!

http://www.menzies-hotels.co.uk/userfiles/Brochures/Christmas%202011/Menzies%20Strathallan%20Hotel%20Christmas%20Party%20Nights%202011.pdf

No idea where most people live so don't know what location I'm looking for!

Will keep looking.....

minislapper

Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:04 pm

This place looks nice. Only 10 rooms though but more hotels only 0.3 miles away (not sure if Google Maps link will work)! Menu looks good. £25 per head for weekend party night plus entertainment. Rooms are less than £50 for a double with the code.

http://www.pierresrestaurant.co.uk

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

minislapper

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 pm

They all seem to be in the Midlands area again,just think a little of us southerners,we go Newark kit car show,185 miles,Stoneleigh kit car show,170 miles,Stourport picknick,200 miles.I know the hub of the club seems to be midlands based but a little further south maybe this year.We've did the west country for about 3 years,and the Leicester one for the past 3 years.I did make a suggestion at our agm on a possibility of the Holiday Inne at Oxford(opposite a venue we went to quite a few years back),work commitments have not allowed me the time to ring that one.Then I had a thought of Cambridge,an area we had not been to before and would certainly be worth exploring,anything really,as long as it has good motorway access and is "just a tad" further south.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:44 pm

As above, I've no idea where the majority of people live. Only tried looking for things that are sort of central in the country.

minislapper

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm afraid that central in the country does not always dictate where your members are.As I have said before there is a big hub of members in the Midlands,as there is in Newark,the West Country,the South of England and London area,Sheffield and the Peak District.So,if you take the middle of that lot,it's not necessarily the "Midlands".I realise that John and I live nearly in France(by 28 miles or so),but we do try to attend SOC events where possible,and fuel costs being what they are it becomes more difficult and prohibitive to do everything,all we ask is that we share the events around a bit,which,I think,we do on the whole.Keep trying though,every bit of help is welcome.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:00 am

I have now contacted Holiday Inne in Oxford and they cannot give me any information until Monday,I'll keep you posted.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 am

When I saw Mr Wezgits post I thought I'd Google Christmas Parties and there are loads of themed shared parties all over the country, 007, pirates, egypt, etc I know we are all feeling the pinch with fuel at stupid prices and we all look for value for money but is it worth doing something different this year or are we past it? The price for a room has been around £69 and the meal around £25 a head for a couple of years now - I'm all for dressing up for laugh but others may want to do the traditional beer, sit down, beer and bed, some members didn't even make the effort last year, one idea I thought of was we hire a room with catering and ask Stew Pizzey to DJ and we just have a Scamp members and friends Christmas do down Brisol way - well thats my rant for today - well done Chris for getting the ball rolling.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Could even bring DJ Wezgit out of retirement!! (As long as it's vinal)
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I have looked at the full membership list as you said Chris Oxford is a central too most, that should please most members?
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Here we go again!! How about the NON MEMBERS who made the effort to the support the Scamp Christmas party??

Martin - great idea. Would probably work out cheaper than an organised event but, it would be a lot of work/organisation for somebody to set up. Especially if the venue was going to be somewhere not close to them. Unless anybody can think of an easy way of doing it?

minislapper

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:31 am

Seeing as a lot of the non members on the forum cant be arsed to fill out all there details and in this recession my crystal balls have powered down

How the heck are we supposed to know where everyone lives Evil or Very Mad
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 am

If yet again that's a dig at me, you might want to read what it says...... Evil or Very Mad

minislapper

Number of posts: 289
Job/hobbies: Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date: 2008-05-16

If not, you might want to politely ask the non-members you are referring to to fill in their details, instead of making snide remarks????

minislapper

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:44 am

Anywhere in England's good for us two. santa Finger's crossed, it won't clash with other do's that we'll be expected to attend! Very Happy

Elaine & Richard J. beer
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks Elaine,it's not a member/non member thing,honestly!! It's an event that is organised by members of the SOC for "fun and enjoyment at Christmas" for their members,friends,and members of the forum who want to attend.Firstly and formost,as we organise the dammed thing,our member's interest would come first as to the location,I really don't see the problem in that,it's been a format that has worked for the past 26 years I've been a member.So,as I've said before,I'll keep you posted when I here from the Holiday Inne at Oxford.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 am

We haven't even set a date?...

I am putting it to the club first and non-members if you want to come?

How about the 10th December at the Holiday Inn Express, Oxford OX4 4XP ....I can get the rooms for £64

There is a bowling alley 500 yards away plus a good restaurant 1000 yards away. The Mini factory is a mile away..

P.S
there are only a quite few members that don't use this forum, so the club has to cater for them as well.
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:45 am

That sounds good to us... we don't know when our work/family parties are just yet though. I'll ask what dates they're thinking of on Monday. Very Happy

E.

ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:08 am

Please lets stop all this before it starts again Evil or Very Mad

In Rick's defence he was asked at Newark about membership of the club and what would be a central location - this is all his post on this thread refers to.

As stated before - last year I believe - non club members have always been welcome to the Xmas party and this has been going on for years and as an active club member I see no reason why it should change (Again, as stated last year)

So, in summary, can we all please be polite on open threads and not start slanging matches again or I will be asking Admin to start deleting posts to keep the forum a happy and friendly place.

I suggest that if anyone feels that a comment is either a personal jibe or out of place on here then cotact either a senior member or Admin to try and resolve the situation before it gets out of hand (again)

SUMB
SUMB

Number of posts : 531
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!

http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:22 pm

The Christmas Dinner (as far as I recall) was primarily for scamp owners club members, and friends were always welcomed.
I don't think anything has changed, except we now have a medium of very quick communication. This means that people can,
and sadly do, put out things without either checking facts, or thinking if it may offend others. I am happy to see anyone who
has any association with scamps at the Christmas Dinner, Member or not. Indeed I am usually very happy towards the end of
the evening. Please everyone do not start this member/non member thing again. Not everyone who owns a scamp, or is a club
member is on the internet. It would seem to me that a check of scamp club members addresses, to get an idea for a location
is a good way to find a central one. Having checked the forum most recent 100 posts, it would seem that three forum members
do not have accurate addresses. Two of these I believe are SOC members! Where did you get your facts Rob? Maybe you had
time to go through more than I did. Please everyone stop your point scoring and backbiting and enjoy your scamping.
See you at the Dinner.
John
John
John

Number of posts : 161
Job/hobbies : .
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Wise words from.....John......Thank you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-06

https://scamps.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:51 pm

[quote]How about the 10th December at the Holiday Inn Express, Oxford OX4 4XP ....I can get the rooms for £64

Rick,as I have said before,I am waiting on the Holiday Inne on prices of the Christmas Party,there may well be a discount for the bulk room reservations,it is in hand and I expect to here from them early in the week.As far as the date,that's o.k.with me at the moment,but it all depends on availabilties at the Holiday Inne for for bulk bookings,so lets wait until I get the relevant information and then we can move forward.And for crying out loud,"LETS HAVE A PARTY AND ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!"

party party party party party party party
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Holiday Inne on the 10th of December - Rooms "from" £70.00 per night,festivities £35.00 per person............................so I'll take that as a no then.
Auntie Elaine has directed me to another group of hotels a little more reasonable,I'll keep you posted.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:45 pm

The one at work isn't organised as of yet.....

Yes, let us know how you get on Chris, we're looking forward to it. Very Happy Very Happy

Elaine&Reg.
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next