Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching

+6
Mk3rob
TRR Motorsport
Mr Bridger
ZED
lin and tony
Woodstock
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Empty Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching

Post  Woodstock Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Easter weekend is nearly here, and the closer it gets the more time Colin spends in the garage Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 436797

Not sure who is joining us, as I have not been told, but the camp site has told me that all chalets are booked, and a few caravans and tents are booked in. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol

If any of you want to come along but do not want to spend all the time on muddy lanes, Mallory Park is close by, and I understand that there is a bike event on one day of the weekend and car on the other. There is also Donington Sunday Market for those of you that like a good nosey around to see what bargains can be found. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_rolleyes

As well as the bar area on site, there is a BBQ we can use if the weather is suitable and anyone fancies it. Does anyone want me to see if I can book a table for Sunday evenng dinner at a nearby pub (Charnwood Arms - went there last February for pub grub do).

For those of you who are booked into chalets, bedding is included but towels are not.

We are hoping to get there Friday morning - as long as the journey doesn't take us too long Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Lol

Well, here is looking forward to a good weekend. Any questions then please give me a call. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 960307

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Debbie
Woodstock
Woodstock

Number of posts : 107
Job/hobbies : Having fun !!!
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Empty Re: Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching

Post  lin and tony Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:20 pm

We are looking forward to it! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 216989

Taz has taken a while to get up and running again, but finally seems to be ok.

Let's just hope that we can get through a whole weekend without him breaking!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am

We hope you all have a good time, and the weather is kind to you. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_sunny

I'll be mostly working (and Reg will be on call), but our Easter won't be all work and no play... It's the Gurkhas' Nepali New Year time again...
Lots of food, more food, food, food, food! for saying they're petite people, they eat like bloody horses! A 'few' drinks in between the eating, and Nepali dancing until you drop. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_cool

Elaine&Reg. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Empty Easter Weekend.......

Post  Mr Bridger Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi Colin and Debbie,

I will be there in my trusty, (or should that be rusty) Suzuki.

Along with Fred in his Suzuki.

Rick and Rose will be there.

I cannot comment on the other keen Scampers from Newark..............

See you Friday night.

Booked a Chalet for Fred and I.

I think Rick has booked a Chalet as well. (one with a sea view he hopes).................
Mr Bridger
Mr Bridger

Number of posts : 213
Job/hobbies : Coach at Currys. Kit cars, travelling, films,
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://ITALIANJOBTOURS.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodstock Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Cant promise a sea view I am afraid (especially being in the Midlands), but a lake view one should be possible !!!

Look forward to seeing you on Friday.
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 pm

We'll be joining you for a few jars in the evenings. We won't be green laning 'K' as it's in dry dock until stoneleigh though I am looking at a few Land Rover Hi capacity pick-ups on e-bay at the moment so you never know. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_wink The question there is TD, 200TDi or 3.9 V8? Umm, decisions, decisions...... Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 80439
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 am

Good point James, we might be able to join you for a few drinks as well. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_sunny

You watch, there'll be a baby boom at the farm now I've said that!
Elaine.
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi all

I will be arriving after lunch on Friday, subject to what time i get me arse out of bed Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol

The meal on Sunday sounds good, so count me in.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:53 am

ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Yep, confirmed by the Met Office forecast for Castle Donn. Snow Tues night, Wed and Thurs.

But thats alright, its just getting the off-roading conditions right. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_twisted

Anyway Elaine, what did you expect during lambing season Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_rolleyes
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Good Luck Colin and Debbie with your weekend,sounds like it's going to be a good one.But with many of the events now further and further North we are going to have to sit this one out and just make do with our local kit car show at Detling near Maidstone.Hopefully we will see you all at Stoneleigh,that is dependant on Linda as she is having a second operation on her foot on the 29th of April (three days before Stoneleigh).
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodstock Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Thank you Chris for your best wishes. We are hoping that it will be a good weekend, but will have to wait and see!
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:26 am

Mk3rob wrote:But thats alright, its just getting the off-roading conditions right. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_twisted
Anyway Elaine, what did you expect during lambing season Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_rolleyes

Indeedy! The first sniff of snow, and we get up in the VERY early hours to go play. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_cool

Only got 3 lambs up Lubcloud, they're from a local farmer whose sheep keep having triplets. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_rolleyes So not many to tend to, thankfully! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_biggrin

Elaine. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_sunny
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi,

We've got one to two commitments over the weekend.....but we'll be up for one of the days.......possibly Saturday.

Dave
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:54 pm

I have just confirmed the booking for my Shall let, arriving Fri pm.

Unfortunately my friend had a better offer Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol so she wont be coming along. She doesnt like me getting *issed anyway Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_mad so ........bonus

So if their are any (like me) wimps out their who dont fancy tenting it then i have a 3 bearth shall let to myself, so anyone is welcome.
Mind you that depends on the decible level and the amount of whiskey in me to conteract it Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_twisted

Answers on a PM to...........

See you on Friday afternoon
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:17 am

I might sneak off, and come up and see you................................................................... in the tractor! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_wink

Have fun folks, think of me slogging on the farm,
Elaine. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_pirat
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodstock Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks Elaine - try not to work too hard Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Lol
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:16 am

Well, we've had a busy, but fantastic Easter weekend. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_cool
On Saturday Reg joined us up the farm, and showed off his natural farming skills... That's it now, he's roped in forever! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_cheers

And yesterday we welcomed the Nepali New Year 2067 in with the Gurkhas... fine food, music, and lots of dancing. Absolutely wastes the crappy pi55 ups that our culture holds for our new year's. Those lovely little people can out eat, and out dance us, by miles, but we already knew that anyway! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_cool

Today? I'm not sure what today will hold... Reg has gone on call-out, but SHOULD be back by noon. I'm just going to whizz around the bungalow doing the chores, then I'll prob end up in the garage, and if the weather stays dry I'll get Humber (our Ozpig) out, and cook dinner Al Fresco. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_biggrin

Hope yours has been as enjoyable as ours,
Elaine&Reg. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_porc Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_porc
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Glad you had a good Easter weekend - ours was brilliant! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol
Many many thanks to Colin and Debbie for arranging the accomodation - which turned out to be absolutely perfect for us. Despite us turning up with at least 2 cars per person there, trailing mud everywhere each time we returned to the site and tinkering with cars until after dark, Jan and family could not have been friendlier! The chalets were very warm, clean and cosy and several people had T.V.s. The ensuite were clean, and VERY cosy but oh SO welcome after a day out in the mud! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Lol
The bar served inexpensive drinks, Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 221997 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 280256 there was a log burner to warm us up and we all ordered a chinese on Sunday night and sat and ate it together in the bar. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 216989
The lanes were wet, muddy and often challenging! but most of us survived! (Some Scamps did too!) All great fun! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 341549 I am sure there will be write- up in the mag or on here at some time!

Again - a great weekend. Many thanks again to Deb and Colin - It was worth all your stress Deb, honestly! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 20209
See you all soon I hope.
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Empty Got down and dirty

Post  Mk3rob Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:36 pm

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_twisted
All of the (Lins) above, thanks to Debbie and Colin - and Charlie for cleaning my Scamp - for a great weekend. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 566536

The blood count was 2 dead and 4 injured

Day 1 - Woodstock, Coil

Day2 - Woodstock again, oil pump seized engine - towed home Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 195847
Mike Smiths Suzie 4x4, real axle oil seal - towed home by AA Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 195847 (thanks to Fred) Mike stayed on with Mark in the caravan.
Me, coil, Colin went home and removed the one from Woodstock, thanks Col.
Phil in his Diesel Scamp, CV joint bust up totally. A quick round trip located one from the Newark Motor Company.

Day 3 -Phil again, never started after the CV change, the alternator had packed in, something about water and electricity. Funny old thing, some people from the campsite just happened to have one on a removed engine around the back - bargain.

Everyone at some time or other got towed out of the deep ruts or puddles, even Taz and Rick, well they did try harder than anyone else Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 245447 . Even Bod in his buggy thing managed it once, he blamed the extra weight in the passenger seat, well he was a chunky lad. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 341549

Thanks to Mike (and his friend) for the two fried brekies they gave me - burp
Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 128683 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 221997 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 216989 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 280256 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Sleep

Last edited by Mk3rob on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling - Doh)
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:45 am

Mk3rob wrote:The blood count was 2 dead and 4 injured

Day 1 - Woodstock, Coil

Day2 - Woodstock again, oil pump seized engine - towed home Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 195847
Mike Smiths Suzie 4x4, real axle oil seal - towed home by AA Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 195847 (thanks to Fred) Mike stayed on with Mark in the caravan.
Me, coil, Colin went home and removed the one from Woodstock, thanks Col.
Phil in his Diesel Scamp, CV joint bust up totally. A quick round trip located one from the Newark Motor Company.

Day 3 -Phil again, never started after the CV change, the alternator had packed in, something about water and electricity. Funny old thing, some people from the campsite just happened to have one on a removed engine around the back - bargain.

Everyone at some time or other got towed out of the deep ruts or puddles, even Taz and Rick, well they did try harder than anyone else Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 245447 . Even Bod in his buggy thing managed it once, he blamed the extra weight in the passenger seat, well he was a chunky lad. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 341549

Thanks to Mike (and his friend) for the two fried brekies they gave me - burp
Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 128683 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 221997 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 216989 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 280256 Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Sleep

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_eek OMG It sounds like a ruddy nightmare! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol Surely, that has to be one of the most unreliable SOC Easter weekends out, EVER?!! Is there an award... Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_wink Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol
Aaaah well, as long as you all had a good time, I s'pose that's all that matters. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_biggrin

Colin, now's the perfect time to stick something else in it! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_pirat

Elaine. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_sunny
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:44 pm

I think the little 850 should be laid to rest - RIP and something a little stronger implanted and some 12" wheels at least.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:03 pm

(quote) Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_eek OMG It sounds like a ruddy nightmare! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol Surely, that has to be one of the most unreliable SOC Easter weekends out, EVER?!! Is there an award... Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_wink Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol
Aaaah well, as long as you all had a good time, I s'pose that's all that matters. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_biggrin

Colin, now's the perfect time to stick something else in it! Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_pirat

Elaine. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_sunny[/quote]

Certainly wasn't a nightmare - was great fun!

Only the two vehicles were beyond repair whilst there. The weekend showed the real Scamp owners club spirit - everyone mucked in with tools, spare parts and time. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 397879

Did feel for Colin cos he has been spending so much time on the body work, that time had run out for much work on the engine - and it had been running when last used. (incidently Martin, I really don't think he was running an 850 - and he was on 12inch wheels!) An alternative engine was offered - but the decision was made to leave it and enjoy the rest of the weekend before tackling the Scamp another weekend as they had the Paj there so they were able to continue in that and Mike and Mark were able to get lifts with other Scampers.

The lanes were very muddy due to the rain in the previous week and overnight but Steve and Mike were brilliant at recovery. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching 20209

At the end of the weekend, two Scamps drove home and the three that were towed there, were towed home unbroken - not too bad really!

Last edited by lin and tony on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Messed up the quote!)
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Empty RE;Easter Weekend is Fast Aproaching

Post  GT3Rob Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Turned out nice again! Good, its a great feeling knowing help is there when you need it. What suprises me is the amount of stick these cars are capable of before they cry enough. Im sure it wont be long before they are all polished up for the up and comming show season. Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_redface Can we see some photos pleeeeeease we cant wait..............See you soon 4x4 Rob.
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Empty MOT failure

Post  Mk3rob Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Guess what my Scamp failed its MOT this pm Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_sad .
The amazing thing was it was nothing to do with the abuse Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_twisted i gave it at the weekend.

It failed on the rear brake performance and the handbrake. This i knew it prob would and i will up the new shoes tomorrow.
Steering wheel loose - washer stuck under nut.
Pass seat belt release - pair got from scrappies (Ford) and fitted. These are longer as i think the old ones had shrunk - or my girth has expanded.

So all in a bargain Easter Weekend Is Fast Approaching Icon_lol retest next Tues after work.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next