Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

What have you all been up to then?

+9
TRR Motorsport
Martin & Nettie
minislapper
muttley
Jono
wezgit daan saaf
Rum Tum Tugger
Mk3rob
ZED
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Empty Re: What have you all been up to then?

Post  Mk3rob Thu May 20, 2010 10:29 am

1 down, 1 to go.

You know it makes sense. What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_twisted
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Empty Re: What have you all been up to then?

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Fri May 21, 2010 10:35 pm

This reply is coming to you from the new computer roomWhat have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Happy108so I'm now up to step 13 (of 15) and feeling like I'm making real progress at last. However half the furniture is still on order and I'll have to move the non-junk back (step 12). Also, the computers are just inside the window so I can't use them during daylight hours, at least not until I get some blinds up.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sun May 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Been doing the Alan Titchmarsh bit,runner beans are now in,bedding plant are well on their way,cucumber plants have been replaced as the first lot were obliterated by the cold nights earlier in the month,Linda has planted out most of her pots,chillie and sweet pepper plants are nearly ready to go in,and getting ready to build new decking at the bottom of the garden,do you want decking Dave?Oh,and went to the bottle bank topless today(the Scamp that is).Hasn't it been a glorious weekend,"El Scorchio" down here,don't know what it has been like where you are?
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Mon May 24, 2010 12:10 am

and getting ready to build new decking at the bottom of the garden,do you want decking Dave?

What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 705301 You're taking the pizza now ? What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon May 24, 2010 7:10 am

We went up to the farm last night for a BBQ, and to pick Gorse Flowers to make some wine (any excuse to off-road LOL).

We got some chairs out of the barn, including two rather nice, old, large, fancy ones. Phil washed them all down, and the sun dried them quickly. He invited Sarah to sit down to see if they were dry enough yet.... within a millisecond she'd gone through it! What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_lol It was like something off You've Been Framed! What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_twisted What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_twisted What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_twisted Effin hilarious! What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_cool
After we'd finally controlled our laughter, we filled our faces with the scrummy sausages, and the sweet & spicy mutton burgers from nearby Manor Farm shop. What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Burger

Right, time to go up Iveshead and pick the Gorse Flowers. I'd taken my jeans to change into, but after a couple of glasses of wine I decided that shorts were suitable clothing for the said job! What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Eyecrazy
Needless to say there was quite a lot of OUCH being shouted from all, but thankfully the four of us collected the required 10 pints of flowers reasonably quickly.
We did a bit more off-roading, Sarah panicked shouting 'There's rocks, there's rocks. Oh no, is it broke? when Reg grounded the Jimny for a very brief moment doing a three point turn... she better not get into the Monster with him, what with the hammer that gets.... And I think she'd cry if he went down the steep slope with the back end off the ground when she was in it! LOL. Anyway, he put the Jimny into 4WD and off we drove back down to the farm. What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_biggrin 4WD is so easy, it's almost boooooring, but it is nice to have sometimes!

Cue more wine (pop for Reg). The many Swift & Jackdaws that had been flying around us had turned into bats, and suddenly we realised that it was 11 O'clock What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_eek How can 5hrs pass that quickly?

Back home it's time to make the Gorse Flower Wine, that took us (mainly Reg) until gone 01.00 BUT we now have 15Ltrs of the sweet smelling stuff. And it should be ready to drink in about 4 weeks time. What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_cool

Other than the obvious blood loss to my hands & legs from the evil Gorse thorns, I also have a finger injury, middle finger, left hand is killing me. About midnight it started feeling stiff/bruised (booze wearing off?) around the knuckle nearest my hand, haven't got a clue what I've done to it, maybe sprained following a playful attack by big bouncy Ellie, the farm's St Bernard? What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Confused Anyway, I'm sure I'll live!

Will let you know what the wine's like in a few weeks,
Elaine&Reg. Smile
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon May 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Well, after a really shite morning on site (the worst since i left Elmhurst) i had a meeting with a hire firms pick-up and have wiped out the front of the Jag. There's nothing left from the O/s headlight to the front of the passenger side front wheel, everything upto the rad! I'm guessing between £3000 to £4000 worth of damage!

Sh!t happens, as they say! What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Mon May 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Oh no. Hope you can get it sorted Sad

minislapper

Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon May 24, 2010 9:24 pm

Sorry to hear that James hope your ok - I expect your pride is dented more than the car - will you get a courtesey car while its being fixed or will you have to shell out for something in the meantime What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_question
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 am

James wrote: Well, after a really shite morning on site (the worst since i left Elmhurst) i had a meeting with a hire firms pick-up and have wiped out the front of the Jag. There's nothing left from the O/s headlight to the front of the passenger side front wheel, everything upto the rad! I'm guessing between £3000 to £4000 worth of damage!

Sh!t happens, as they say! What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

At least nobody was hurt, cars are easily repairable. What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_wink
£3,000-£4,000 might be a bit of an underestimate though.... dealers tend to come up with silly bills. What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_cry

E. What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_smile
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Wed May 26, 2010 12:11 pm

What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 DSCF0536

What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 195847
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono Wed May 26, 2010 12:50 pm

...that'll need more than T-cut...Ouch! What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_cry
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Wed May 26, 2010 12:58 pm

I don't think the Jag has a chassis so I hope it hasn't rippled the floor pan - I had a Fiat Estate many years ago that had a meeting with an MG, that didn't look that bad but they wrote it off as the floor was rippled and could not be repaired - much damage to the pickup?
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Wed May 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Ouch! No chassis,Fordy bits with Jaguar price tags.The type of bill that sets a bodyshop's till on fire! What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 423741
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Wed May 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Martin, the chassis legs are fine. the impact glanced across the car so it's just everything in front of the chasis legs. It drove fine after the accident though MPG was affected due to the less than slippery aerodynamics. What have you all been up to then? - Page 3 Icon_wink
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Try Imperial panels,they deliver nationwide and are reasonably priced.As far as the mechanical bits,Euro car parts are doing unbelievable deals to the trade and retail and are worth a try for your radiator,condensor and lighting bits if they have been touched.I,m afraid the other bits will have to be genuine or secondhand.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum