Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

What have you all been up to then?

+9
TRR Motorsport
Martin & Nettie
minislapper
muttley
Jono
wezgit daan saaf
Rum Tum Tugger
Mk3rob
ZED
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Empty Re: What have you all been up to then?

Post  SUMB Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Decorating and building the new garage.
SUMB
SUMB

Number of posts : 531
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Empty Re: What have you all been up to then?

Post  ZED Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:30 am

Yesterday we took my two sisters and their kids (four in total) up to the farm where I work. They saw the tiny week old lambs, and bottle fed the month old ones, that was a laugh in itself. The kids range from 7-11yrs old, so some of them struggled to hold onto the bottles, the lambs are pretty rough for their size (think Springer Spaniel height) when it comes to feeding time. The fleecy buggers were slipping off the teats, spraying us all with milk, and trying to swap bottles with other lambs, left, right, and centre. Then they decided that they weren't going back in their pen, and went for a run, skip, and jump around the farmyard. The kids thought this was ace, especially when I said run away from them, the lambs will run after you. It was really funny to see little lambs charging around after kids, the enthusiasm in their faces was amazing, and thankfully they didn't knock anybody over, phew! What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Then the kids had a quick peep into the parlour to watch the cows being milked, before we went up to feed the calves... Cue children's hands, coats, trousers, hair, t-shirts, etc, being slurped and sucked from all directions. Very messy indeed! What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_lol

Next we fed the Hampshire pigs & their piglets, the kids watched from outside the electric fence, so this was a much calmer affair than the previous. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_smile

Sten was now getting a bit bored of being on the lead, so it was time for us all to go up the fields for a run around. We had a good walk, and sat for a few minutes to admire the stunning views, before heading back to our cars for the pub... It was then that we realised that 4hrs had passed. Where did that go?? What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_eek Well, they say time flys when you're having fun! What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_sunny What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_cool

The kids are now planning picnics and sleep outs up there. I don't think I'll ever get rid of them... Well, until the bad weather arrives again!

Hoping you had a brill weekend as well,
Elaine&Reg. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Lamb with mint sauce...............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_bounce
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Well, Lola was attacked by a staffordshire bull terrier on Saturday, she's also not well because she's having a phantom pregnacy.
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Martin & Nettie wrote:Lamb with mint sauce...............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_bounce

Another 5 months and the first lot will be ready. We're having half a lamb back, can't wait to taste it. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_cool

E. Wink
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:43 pm

TRR Motorsport wrote:Well, Lola was attacked by a staffordshire bull terrier on Saturday, she's also not well because she's having a phantom pregnacy.

Oh no, where was that?! What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_mad We hope she's ok.

Elaine, Reg, and Sten dog Smile
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:50 pm

MESS wrote:
Martin & Nettie wrote:Lamb with mint sauce...............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_bounce

Another 5 months and the first lot will be ready. We're having half a lamb back, can't wait to taste it. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_cool

E. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_wink

What happened to the other half What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Lol
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Martin & Nettie wrote:What happened to the other half What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Lol

Somebody else is having that. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_wink

E. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_porc
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Wed May 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Last weekend I started the task of finding out where all the brake fluid had gone from the master cylinder of my Suzuki based Scamp GT4x4. Its not a good idea to leave a car standing for a year or two, the front axle drips a bit of of oil out of the ends but on closer inspection i.e. hubs off (its an early SJ with drum brakes all round) it was brake fluid. When I first bought the Scamp I had to replace all the brake cylinders and all the shoes cos it had been standing for some time. The cylinders are made of aluminium not steel which don't rust but corrode (brake fluid is corrosive don't yer know) so the pistons either lock up or pass fluid. Unfortunately one of the front nearside cylinders had leaked and ruined the shoes. I have managed to free up all the rest and will test them next week end with my new one man bleed kit (can't remember where I put my old one) before I buy new shoes. The last brake shoes I bought were for the hand brake drum on the transfer box and interestingly the Q&H box also listed them for a BMW M3. Well if the brakes hold up I can test the new clutch and then I can start tidying the paintwork and the soft top which needs a new rear plastic window. Florence's chassis is now on its side in the greenhouse alongside the SJ413 chassis (still have the V5) that I must get rid of, if no one wants it I will have to scrap it, oh what joy.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB Wed May 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Started the MK2 on Sunday and took it for a spin up to the garage and put some Super Unleaded in it as a treat, poor thing has been stood outside all winter.

Hoping to get it MOT'd next week, then need to see if I can get a tow ball on it.
SUMB
SUMB

Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Wed May 12, 2010 9:58 pm

I thought you bought Godwin's Mk3 What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_question
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB Wed May 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Martin & Nettie wrote:I thought you bought Godwin's Mk3 What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_question

And Mike and Wendy's MK2 Smile
SUMB
SUMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Wed May 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Yes I forgot - shouldn't take an expert welder long to add a tow bar What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Thu May 13, 2010 10:44 am

Spent yesterday laying carpet tiles (step 10). Some of them will have to come up again while I finish off the paintwork on door and window, but at least I feel I'm making progress at last!
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician

Back to top Go down

Post  nhazelwood Fri May 14, 2010 9:40 am

Hi Folks,

After 6 months of working very long hours, i've finally managed to find time to make some headway on Walle.

Have nearly finished the 3rd version of the new doors. They open, close & are nearly sealed, just need makralon windows & a final paint. Then i've got the passengers side door to make.

Spent most time working on the interior. Been doing loads of vinyl trimming on new inner side panels & roof panels.
I've changed the blue colour i've used to detail the interior, so all the old blue bits are in the process of being taken off & repainted.
Made a new handbrake cover to suit a nice blue vinyl gaiter, (awaiting final paint).
Plucking up the courage to use a sewing machine to make a new gearstick gaiter (last time i used a sewing machine was at school, 24 years ago !!).
Spent a fortune on chequer plate yesterday ready for sundays job, ripping out the carpet & chequer plating the floor.

Hopefully the final interior job will be pulling everything back out and putting a final coat of yellow on the interior, then putting everything back in WITHOUT SCRATCHING THE FINISHED PAINT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that it's time for the simple jobs:~

Repaint the fuel tank,
Make a base for the pick-up floor,
Make a new bonnet,
Repaint the rear arches in the new blue,
Make new front arches, slightly wider (pre-empt the @@@tard MOT),
Redo the whole coolant system (Bought new radiator at Stoneleigh, but needs new hoses),
Fit new Air filter (Bought at Stoneleigh),

& Finally straighten the bent front subframe & realign the suspension !!! That will teach me for going over the bump on the top of Coney Green at 50mph !!!!

Altho' Walle won't be at Mike & Wendy's, i'll probably be there with the munchkin.
(If anyone wants to have a look at progress on Walle while their at Mike & Wendy's, i live about 3 miles away).

Neil
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Number of posts : 259
Job/hobbies : Design Engineer, Insomniac, General Bodger
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Empty Back to work

Post  Mk3rob Sun May 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Well Thurs night after a week on the sick (back spasm again) i finally went back to work and managed OK the last 2 days of the week.

The bad thing, while i was off, was that i spent £350 on a new laptop and £170 on a replacement shower head (the drips were ok but when it gets to a run its really costing me money). The good thing was that at least i was at home to take delivery of the items and the water meter is not spinning around so fast now.

I have just started the laptop up and its a 5 year update going from XP to Win7. When you've got used to all your favourites its a pain trying to find them again.
Back at work there were a couple of comments about my suntanned face and baldy head when i had been on the sick for a week. I didnt comment on going to Himley Hall half way through but just said that i had been on holiday (at home and Stoneleigh) for 2 weeks before. THAT WAS CLOSE What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_redface
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Empty Phew!

Post  GSalvage3 Sun May 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi Folks

Sorry to hear you've been suffering with a bad back Rob - I get it too and it is bloomin' terrible.

I have had an amazing day! - such a larf I can't tell you!
Alex and I have virtually stripped blobby back to the frame. Rear end is completely stripped and going to get the floor pan out next weekend!
I can't believe our luck - the fram is in such great nick - I reckon a go-over with a soft wire brush on the end of a drill will get it looking great - and then out with something - not sure what yet - is hammerite okay on the frame or any other recommendations?
The petrol tank is good and needs cleaning and painting.
Phew - such fun and very good bonding for us 2 lads
Cheers
Rich
GSalvage3
GSalvage3

Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : Run a Building Company, Cycling, Tennis, Drinking!
Registration date : 2010-05-05

Back to top Go down

What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Empty Fuel tank

Post  Mk3rob Sun May 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Make sure there's not any flaking inside the tank as its a right pain when it glogs up your pipelines What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun May 16, 2010 9:13 pm

GSalvage3 wrote: is hammerite okay on the frame or any other recommendations?

Rich

Hammerite works very well for Taz - hammered finish, hand-painted on both frame and panels!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  nhazelwood Sun May 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Don't fall for my mistake & use Craftmaster enamel paint...Don't get me wrong its absolutely brilliant paint...But you need a steady hand & patience to put it on. Unfortunately I've got very little patience & trapped nerves in both shoulders! Cheers dad for stepping in as my paint shop! (That will teach him to be retired & have time on his hands).

After carefully applying about 4 coats you can get to an almost sprayed finish, although at £25 per litre that's dedication!

Neil
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Number of posts : 259
Job/hobbies : Design Engineer, Insomniac, General Bodger
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon May 17, 2010 7:14 am

We spent a few hours at Scarborough yesterday. The weather was decent enough to not need coats, but not too hot for Sten dog who was speed prancing around the beach like a demented donkey! What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_cool And why did he think he could catch every single wave with his mouth? What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Crazy What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_lol

It made a great change from the usual DIY slog weekends that we seem to have had forever! And the bungalow's nearly all done now, so we're looking forward to many more weekends like it. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Happy117

Elaine&Reg. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

EDIT: On the way home we saw my old Mi16'd 205 GTi as well! What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_bounce Nearly 20yrs old, still looking fantastic! What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_cool What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_cool What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_cool
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon May 17, 2010 8:05 pm

Saturday - Dragged out our 5 man tent from the back of the garage (have caravan) and it gave it the once over, friend of Nettie's is looking for a new family tent.

Then dragged out Yellow Peril III, up on axle stands to sort out the brakes, took a long time to get all the air out but eventually the pedal no longer goes to the floor. Still can't test the brakes and the new clutch cos I took the seats out to clean and paint the floor. When it was built (by Peter Simpson I think) he evostuck carpet to the floor, then bolted the in the seats (the passenger side with Tecscrews which eventaully failed the MOT 3 years ago). When I bought it in 2005 the carpet was wet through and stunk (tip: if you intend to go offroading don't fit carpets) so it was ripped out, but Peter did not use a dab of Evostick oh no gallons of the stuff. The only thing I found that took it off was petrol (a bit expensive now at £6 a gallon). So I will have one more go getting the lumps off and then give it a bit of paint (now have the right colour matched yellow at £14/litre).
Sunday- Repaired fence, took all day so missed the Monaco GP, but watched it on BBC Three later, some of the mechanics will be busy rebuilding cars before the next one.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono Wed May 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Today I've been mostly hanging doors...and fitting an inside toilet..seeing as we're moving in in 6 days...and Jo is turning her nose up at using the outside khazi.. girl!

What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 19052010
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Wed May 19, 2010 10:02 pm

We have,at last,cleared our backlog of work and I left a nearly empty workshop for the first time in about 6 months, our accounts are now ready for our accountant to be cooked,oh sorry,adjusted,for the taxman to take his share(bless him/her).Still,it should help towards the governments balance of payments!
Scamp is taking a well earned rest this weekend ready for it's thrash up the M40 on bank holiday weekend to Mike & Wendy's do(won't be untill the Sunday though as it's Ollie's 4th Birthday party on the Saturday).
Linda has just finished her first weeks work after time off with her foot op,she says it's still a bit sore though.
Kelly has got just 11 weeks to go before her baby is due,she leaves work on the 24th of June.
Just sat outside in the garden this evening chatting until 9.45,it's a gorgeous evening down here and it's looking good for the weekend.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Thu May 20, 2010 9:52 am

Selling the Sunbeam & trying to sell the house.

BTW, the Sunbeam and all of the spares are being collected tonight by their new owner. What have you all been up to then? - Page 2 Icon_cry
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum