Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

A few local green lanes

+7
Rum Tum Tugger
Mk3rob
muttley
TRR Motorsport
ZED
RICK
lin and tony
11 posters

Go down

A few local green lanes Empty A few local green lanes

Post  lin and tony Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Don't know if anyone is interested, but we intend to go out green laning on 31st Oct. A few local green lanes 341549

Unfortunately, I know that cuts out a fair few - there's something important on on the 30th for some... Can't think what!

Anyway, it will be some of the lanes we did Stourport weekend plus a few more that we ran out of time for. This will not be the organised, well planned route we had in and around Newark, neither will the breakfast be of the same standard!!!!

If you are interested, either pm me or leave a message on here.
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

A few local green lanes Empty Re: A few local green lanes

Post  RICK Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:19 pm

YES Tony put my name down for that. Hopefully I will be sober and still Mrs T, still will be very happy..
Where do we go for breakfast?
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:18 pm

A few local green lanes Icon_cry Sorry, we can't join you's. It's our 6th Wedding Anniversary on the 30th, so we'll be out wining & dining somewhere...... will be far too A few local green lanes Drunken_smilie for driving the next morning! A few local green lanes Icon_wink

And on the 31st itself we'll be at a halloween party at Abbots Oak Country House A few local green lanes Affraid

Hope you have a great time, and we'll try to make the next one,
Elaine&Richard J
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:09 pm

RICK wrote:YES Tony put my name down for that. Hopefully I will be sober and still Mrs T, still will be very happy..
Where do we go for breakfast?

You cant really be serious...?! A few local green lanes Icon_twisted
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:37 pm

Sorry, we won't be able join you either as we'll be setting off for the British Rally Championship awards evening.

And Mrs W deserves a new evening dress! A few local green lanes Herz
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Would love to join you but unfortunately......we will be south of the Tamar.
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:36 pm

That will be Drakes Island in Plymouth sound then

or

France A few local green lanes Icon_eek
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Just bowled over by the place........ A few local green lanes Icon_rolleyes
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:25 pm

I searched everywhere for the Plymouth Hoe but just couldn't find her! A few local green lanes Icon_lol
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Well, have had a couple of takers. A few local green lanes 887336
Will be leaving here at 10am(ish) next Sat. (Last orders for breakfast - sausage/bacon/egg butties - will be 9.30. Last washing up done at 9.55!)
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

A few local green lanes Empty We did it!

Post  lin and tony Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:58 pm

LIN &TONYS green lane day.

What have we let ourselves in for? Its midnight on Friday night and we are at a wedding reception in Newark. Had a great time and thinking we’ve got to be up @ 8 in the morning to cook breakfast, change wheels on Taz as we had made arrangements with Colin and Mike Smith to go green laning.

We put on forum we were doing this outing and, as we knew as Rick and Rose were getting married on the Friday (congratulations) then - 1.we picked wrong day as lots of scampers would be @ reception and would be too knackered to join us. 2.We did not want to change date as we already had confirmation that people would be coming.

WRONG! During the evening we were informed that there will be other scampers joining us. Great news! (But Lin’s panicking now - how to feed them. I’ve every faith in her.)

We left reception and took Colin and Debs home. Colin gave me a wheel that had a puncture he wanted mended for green-laning. Another bloody job!! (Which I will be grateful for later!) We left their house 1.30ish(AM!) - an hours drive home, shower in bed for 3ish - got to get up at 8.

Alarm goes - 8oclock (go away!) Up we get. Dawn had tidied up some of the house but still a few bits to do to make it look reasonable. So, to the breakfast. Lin goes to the local butcher to get the bacon and sausages. I have brain wave and get bbq out. Put on the 2 griddles to save mess in house. Mike & Wendy Smith turn up bearing gifts - eggs (yeh – fresh, free range!) They also bring Mike’s sister and partner(Nettie and Nick) with a land rover ( me thinks recovery vehicle!) so the cooking commences. Colin and Debs arrive.

We have a phone call. Rick and the gang are on the way! I have cunning plan, I leave Lin to cook while I change Taz’s wheels and do Colin’s puncture.(See, told you I was grateful for the job – woman’s place in the kitchen, the men’s place in the garage – but don’t tell Lin I said that!) Lin is saved by Wendy and Debbie, they help (take over more like!) with the breakfasts and washing up. THANKYOU!!!! Along with Rick and Rose are Charlie, Andrew, Steve, Fred and Wayne - a friend of Fred’s. We offered Rick and Rose a champagne breakfast but Rose declined - she didn't think it would go with the bacon and eggs. After a few coffees and changes of wheels to m&s, we’re off - 7 vehicles in convoy. The sun is shinning A few local green lanes Icon_sunny - just right.

Lin’s done the planning and has a route all planned, using some of the lanes we used on the scamp picnic weekend and a few more. We arrive at the first lane - fun but not much to write about. A few challenges but no probs. That’s the story for most of the lanes - apart from the traditional - Colin dropping his exhaust over the countryside. We’ve come to expect this now. We went down to the stream - was not as deep as I thought it would be, but still fun. We found a few more lanes that had to be investigated which were good and worth another try in wetter conditions. One we found had a great opening. We could drive 2 cars abreast! Then we reach a gate and still loads of room, we drive single file. As we get to other end of field, 2 men were watching us and, as we approached them, they came towards us. I kept going and this wide lane got narrowwwww! Mirrors in, head down, off I go and it got narrower and narrower! I felt sorry 4 the Landrover at this point(ha ha!) A few local green lanes 245447 Any way I get through and park up, waiting 4 the others and, one by one they make it, now for the Landrover! All I can say is - path is wider now than it was before we started and Landrover has lots of pin stripes. Back to the 2 men - reports from other scampers. They were not impressed with our presence. What a shame! This little lane cost Fred his mirror.

We stopped 4 dinner at a local pub.Sat out side - very pleasant, then off again. Lots more lanes mud and bumps. Colin wanted to use a lane we had used on an earlier trip which involved a lane which we still have not mastered. It has steel pipes about 6ft high across it going down to a stream and is where I got stuck a few months ago and had to christen my winch. This time it was Fred’s turn to get stuck, but with some shoving he got out. As we approach the pipes, which are on a hill, I got another one of my brain waves. I think I will turn Taz round as I know there’s not much room to turn round at the bottom with 2 cars, let alone 7! And, yes, I got stuck! (bollocks!) Anyway, with people pushing I’m free and back down towards the pipes. The others park up and walk down. Now here there a differences of opinions - some say they (Scamps) can get through, some say they can’t. We still don’t know. It’s getting late, darkness approaching so we’ll have to try another day. Now, to turn 6 vehicles round on a single track, but they do and we get back to terra firma. We then have to say goodbye to Mike, Wendy, Nettie and Nick before Mikes dog trashes the house (again) because of fireworks. Then we have a 7 mile drive back to our house where people put their road tyres back on. We have coffee and say our good byes.

It turned out to be a great day I really enjoyed it. Thank you for those who had a late night/early morning and made the effort to join us. You can sleep tomorrow. You all made a difference. Only 2 mishaps and one of those doesn’t count - that’s Colin’s exhaust - and the other Fred’s mirror.

Can’t wait to next time - not to far away, in time, I hope.

Once again thank you so much to Mike 4 eggs and a special thanks to Debbie and Wendy for helping to cook breakfast. x A few local green lanes 397879
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:27 am

Some say they (Scamps) can get through, some say they can’t

Useful trick: find a measurement somewhere on your body that matches the car's overall width. For example, if I put my elbow on one side of a gap and can't reach the other side with outstretched fingers, it's wide enough to get through.

Ground clearance and sharp corners are other matters.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodstock Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:51 am

A big thank you to Tony and Lin for organising a great day. A few local green lanes Icon_lol I think I can safely say that we all had a great time. It did help with the weather being on our side. A few local green lanes Icon_sunny

Yes, Colin did lose his exhaust a few times, but the day wouldn't be the same if he didn't !!

I understand that it is our turn to organise an event next. A few local green lanes Affraid We are thinking of making it on Saturday 14th November. It will be around the Whitwick area where we live (Leicestershire). Would anyone be interested? A few local green lanes Confused Confirmation and details to follow .....
Woodstock
Woodstock

Number of posts : 107
Job/hobbies : Having fun !!!
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:08 am

Rum Tum Tugger wrote:
Some say they (Scamps) can get through, some say they can’t

Useful trick: find a measurement somewhere on your body that matches the car's overall width. For example, if I put my elbow on one side of a gap and can't reach the other side with outstretched fingers, it's wide enough to get through.

Ground clearance and sharp corners are other matters.

A useful tip Bob - on this occasion however, it was headroom that was causing an additional problem to the width - there is a large steel water pipe that goes over the track with rutted sandstone beneath, and trees either side -will try to upload a pic of 'the men' standing by it - We were aware of it cos we had tried the lane out before with Colin and Deb. (The lane has been closed by the council at the other end anyway A few local green lanes Icon_mad )

Last edited by lin and tony on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mupetry!)
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:27 am

lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Post  charlie thorpe Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:46 am

A great day really enjoyed myself, Was meant to be starting my new job Monday put it forward until Tuesday so i could come green laning and boy it was worth it. Thanks to Lin And Tony for organising such a great day, Also thanks to everyone making it a good day.

Hope to see you all soon...

Take Care.

Charlie.
charlie thorpe
charlie thorpe

Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : off roading / cars
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:56 am

Glad you could all make it! (Was surprised that so many from Newark did come - bearing in mind the chosen day!
Glad we didn't change it to today though - would not have been quite so warm! - bet those lanes will be fun tomorrow! -that would upset those -'it's a shame people come along here in cars' people! A few local green lanes Icon_tongue

Good luck with the new job Charlie!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

A few local green lanes Empty Green laning.

Post  Mr Bridger Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks to Linda and Tony for a great day out, the weather turned out nice and the lanes varied from easy to I might need a push on this one.......

The pub lunch was fine and the chocolates afterwards were a nice surprise, thanks Rosie.

3 cars from Newark made the effort and we all enjoyed ourselves.

Will miss the next one due to working that weekend..........
Mr Bridger
Mr Bridger

Number of posts : 213
Job/hobbies : Coach at Currys. Kit cars, travelling, films,

http://ITALIANJOBTOURS.COM

Back to top Go down

A few local green lanes Empty Green laning at the weekend

Post  Andrew Paterson Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi every one who went on the last weekends trip down the green lanes.

Thankyou Lin and Tony for the breakfast and the cups of tea it was one of the best breakfasts i've ever had!!! (Good, honest organic food)

I hope every one enjoyed the day out I certainly did. So did Wayne, thankyou for a great day out.

We hope to see you all again soon,

Andrew and Wayne. A few local green lanes Icon_biggrin A few local green lanes 887336
Andrew Paterson
Andrew Paterson

Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Jobless, kit cars
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down