Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Injury risk warning from TV topple!

4 posters

Go down

Injury risk warning from TV topple! Empty Injury risk warning from TV topple!

Post  Martin & Nettie Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Booming sales of flat-screen televisions could cause a rise in accidents at home this Christmas, safety campaigners have warned.

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) said the hi-tech models pose a much higher risk of toppling over on children than older versions.

About 7,500 youngsters are taken to hospital in the US each year after televisions tip over, evidence showed.
RoSPA warned that a spike in sales in the build-up to Christmas, the digital switchover and the Word Cup could see similar results in the UK.
The organisation said it was aware of four reported fatalities in which children, aged from 13 months to four years, have died as a result of televisions falling on them.
Errol Taylor, of RoSPA, said: "From time to time, RoSPA believes it is important to raise awareness of the potential for accidents to happen before an injury trend emerges in the UK.
"In this instance, we have taken note of the findings of US research which studied a huge number of furniture tip-over cases from an 18-year period. Not only did the research find that the number of such injuries had increased, but that televisions were the most commonly-involved item of furniture.
"With flat-screen televisions becoming increasingly popular and many families likely to have a new set for Christmas, now is a crucial time to talk about safety. We urge people to ensure that free-standing television sets cannot be easily pulled over by children and that wall-mounted sets are securely fixed to walls which are strong enough to hold them."
To avoid accidents, RoSPA recommended placing flat-screen televisions on a wide, stable, manufacturers' base. In addition, tethering straps should run from the top of the back of the screen to a stable anchoring point, such as a wall-mounted bracket, the organisation said.

Elf and safety strikes again - I must nail my 115 inch plasma to the wall with 6 inch nails when I get home tonight Injury risk warning from TV topple! Icon_rabbit
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Injury risk warning from TV topple! Empty RE: Injury risk warning from TV topple.

Post  GT3Rob Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Sorry cant we stick to Scamps and related topics, makes things interesting to read. If we looked at every bloody H&S issues we wouldnt be driving anywhere.Try and see if Florence will start for the new year/or any year. How about some ideas for next years activities, i know you have retired but there is a fresh batch of new faces that havent been or done the things you older crowd have done? what about having the games you used to get up to at Newark at Stourport? - Rob.
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Injury risk warning from TV topple! Empty Re: Injury risk warning from TV topple!

Post  Regsmonster Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:05 am

4x4 Rob wrote:Sorry cant we stick to Scamps and related topics, makes things interesting to read. If we looked at every bloody H&S issues we wouldnt be driving anywhere.Try and see if Florence will start for the new year/or any year. How about some ideas for next years activities, i know you have retired but there is a fresh batch of new faces that havent been or done the things you older crowd have done? what about having the games you used to get up to at Newark at Stourport? - Rob.
I think we can post about any subject in this section of the forum. It's all about choice, nobody is forcing you to read non Scamp threads. Injury risk warning from TV topple! Icon_wink

Interesting about Florence, isn't/wasn't she on her side at one point? I hope she was securely fixed to prevent her accidently tipping over. Injury risk warning from TV topple! Icon_lol
Regsmonster
Regsmonster

Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : I like to do things differently.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Injury risk warning from TV topple! Empty Re: Injury risk warning from TV topple!

Post  Martin & Nettie Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Get a life Rob and have a Happy Christmas and Scamping New Year Injury risk warning from TV topple! Icon_santa
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Having TVs falling off the wall, is mainly due to dickheads that can,t put a screw and a rawplug into the wall. There shouldn't be able have TVs or come to think of it have kids, there are some thickos out there most of them are yanks or is that spelt with a "w" in it?
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down