Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

+10
TRR Motorsport
Nic-Nic
Rum Tum Tugger
Jono
wezgit daan saaf
wheeliebin
Martin & Nettie
Mk3rob
lin and tony
ZED
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

Post  ZED Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 am

lin and tony wrote:What a week!!!!!
Last weekend, while on our way to a beer festival, Tony spotted 3 baby squirrels sitting in the road. It was either stop, or run them over, so he stopped. I got out and went towards them expecting them to run away from me onto the bank of grass. They sat there! I bent down and picked each one up in turn - they let me! I took them over to a tree and put them on the trunk expecting them to run up - they ran down and back to me! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Alien Now what..... The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_scratch
Anyway, long story short, we now have two (sadly one died during the night last week) squirrels that have to be bottle fed. Nic has been looking after them of course but now she has gone, I guess it's down to me! Unfortunately they have had to be separated as the girl has done some nasty damage. (apparently suckling from her brother!!!! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_silent - I'll leave that to your imagination but we have to rub cream on it cos it is swollen and sore. Apparently it a common thing) The remaining girl is doing very well but her brother is suffering. We will have to see what happens. So, several nights up to do a night feed with Nic - thought my time of that was over!) and early mornings to give us time to feed them and we were shattered but this weekend was going to be a busy one.

Are you planning on keeping them (if they survive)? Because it's illegal to release squirrels (I'm presuming they're grey) back into the wild..........

Enjoy your new pest, I mean pets,
Elaine. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_lol
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Empty Yeah..Iknow it's Monday...

Post  Jono Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:10 am

..but....... The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Well, what a weekend…..Summer is here at last. Had planned to work on the roof at home turning these
….

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 100_0492Small

Into something that looked more like this.. ignore temporary fasteners, it’s just a mock-up to finalise design……

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Copyof16092009001Small

However nothing is a straight forward as that is it? The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_sad

I was intending to finish one on Saturday and a bit on Sunday then off to the Stafford kit-car show. Unfortunately, Saturday was a bugger of a day and progress was painfully slow. By evening I had only just got one side sorted so phoned up to let Dave know I wouldn’t be making it to Stafford.
When you’re having a shitty time of it, it’s the simple things that brighten up your day. Dave offered to sacrifice his Sunday and come and give me a hand. As it turns out, I had reached the stage where, as the job was really at the suck-it-and-see stage I could cope on my own with Jo coming along later to hand tools up and more crucially..keep me supplied with Tea. The offer itself was just the boost I needed to get up at the crack of dawn and carry on……. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
…then, as in life, things turned to Poo…. Alarm going off at work and the key holders away making the best of the sunshine, meant I had to go into Oldbury and baby sit whilst the alarm engineer did his bit…never mind, It is coming together and…more importantly… I feel motivated…

Roll on next weekend……. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_lol Cheers, Jono ( A wannabe Roofer)
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 pm

I was in stitches reading Lin's post about the Squirrels, Priceless!

Mind you, it has made me realise one thing. If and when I'm reincarnated I most certainly don't want to come back as a male Squirrel! Party time's don't sound much like fun to me! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Affraid
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:53 pm

TRR Motorsport wrote:
Mind you, it has made me realise one thing. If and when I'm reincarnated I most certainly don't want to come back as a male Squirrel! Party time's don't sound much like fun to me! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Affraid

Especially not in our garden. Wink

ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Reminds me of nights on the airfield.

Take one Landrover, take the top off, 2 up in the back, air rifles, rabbits and headlights..........................."Bang"

Well they were "mixied".
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:07 pm

MESS wrote:

Are you planning on keeping them (if they survive)? Because it's illegal to release squirrels (I'm presuming they're grey) back into the wild..........

Enjoy your new pest, I mean pets,

We know - believe it or not we have fostered squirrel kits before. We raised 1 to adulthood but he escaped when trying to feed him in the Spring. The 1 - (yes only one left now. The little lad didn't make it) will probably end up as a pet. I know they are pests - but they are incredibly cute.
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 am

They are incredibly cute
so long as the fleas have been removed...
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:41 am

lin and tony wrote:
We know - believe it or not we have fostered squirrel kits before. We raised 1 to adulthood but he escaped when trying to feed him in the Spring. The 1 - (yes only one left now. The little lad didn't make it) will probably end up as a pet. I know they are pests - but they are incredibly cute.

Aaah yes, if they escape there's no prosecution to face.

But cute? They're nothing more than tree rats....... they take birds eggs, and the noise is horrific when they play tug of war with chicks that they've stolen from nests.
And you obviously haven't had them invade your loft, chewing everything in sight. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_wink

Elaine, tufty terminator! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_lol
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:01 am

MESS wrote:

But cute? They're nothing more than tree rats....... they take birds eggs, and the noise is horrific when they play tug of war with chicks that they've stolen from nests.
And you obviously haven't had them invade your loft, chewing everything in sight. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_wink

Elaine, tufty terminator! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_lol

Yup, I’ve heard them. Yup, I’ve seen them decimate nests. Yup I’ve had ‘em in the loft, big style….but… I still think they’re cute. In fact I prefer ‘em to Cats anyday……here’s a snap of one of my "residents"….

Jono (Big Softy) The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_redface

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 NextdoorSmall
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am

Jono wrote:
Yup, I’ve heard them. Yup, I’ve seen them decimate nests. Yup I’ve had ‘em in the loft, big style….but… I still think they’re cute. In fact I prefer ‘em to Cats anyday……here’s a snap of one of my "residents"….

Jono (Big Softy) The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_redface

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 NextdoorSmall

You big pufta
E. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_lol
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:07 pm

A Squirrel has character and in my mind that cuts it some slack. Rats and Pidgins on the other hand...... The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_pirat
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm

TRR Motorsport wrote:A Squirrel has character and in my mind that cuts it some slack. Rats and Pidgins on the other hand...... The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_pirat

Character maybe, but it doesn't cut it any slack with Colettes cat. He still kills all of the above and brings the bloody things home half eaten The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_rolleyes

Oddly enough we don't seem to have much of a vermin problem The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_lol
SUMB
SUMB

Number of posts : 531
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!

http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Regsmonster Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:43 pm

TRR Motorsport wrote:Pidgins on the other hand...... The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_pirat
A what??????
Regsmonster
Regsmonster

Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : I like to do things differently.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:55 pm

If you had a nail gun you could kill them and put up your trohpies (?)
at the same time The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_twisted
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Empty Squirrel seen savaging fruit bat

Post  SUMB Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

SUMB
SUMB

Number of posts : 531
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!

http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Mk3rob wrote:If you had a nail gun you could kill them and put up your trohpies (?)
at the same time The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 4 Icon_twisted

Don't tempt Tony! - Yes, he has a nail gun!

I know about all the damage they cause (Fortunately never had them in my loft)- and I know they are not truly british wildlife, and I know they get fleas (So do my cats!) and I know they can be noisy, but I think they are wonderful.

The one we have left is a true character! She loves human attention - every time we crawl into her playhouse (Well It was the only thing we could get that was big enough and free!) she comes over to us chattering away and jumps straight onto us. She climbs all around us and nestles into our neck. (Not house trained though so our washing has tripled and shower water doubled!!!!)

I really don't see her ever even trying to escape like the male one we had did - we will just have to see. She is young yet so that may change. They are so quick!

Anyway, we couldn't see them come to harm - even Tony couldn't have left them on the road. So guess we are landed with her!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4