Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

+10
TRR Motorsport
Nic-Nic
Rum Tum Tugger
Jono
wezgit daan saaf
wheeliebin
Martin & Nettie
Mk3rob
lin and tony
ZED
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday Empty The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

Post  ZED Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:30 am

This idea comes from another forum that I'm a member of. It's a place were on Sunday's ONLY, don't ask me why only Sunday, but it works well on the other forum we post basically what we've been up to for the past week.
That way we all get to hear about each other's interests, pet hates, calamities, day to day life, etc, and can use it to come up with new social events, large or small.
i.e If we find a few of us have another interest in common err I dunno, let's say Skittles that's as good as anything those few can put their heads together and arrange a skittles tournament. If no other Scampers take them up on the offer, all is not lost because they've had a great time themselves. Very Happy

I'm sure you get the basic idea..... I look forward to reading what you's post tomorrow NOT today because today's only Saturday,and it's more fun if you stick to the rules and future Sundays.

Please don't knock it until we've tried it,
Elaine. Wink
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday Empty Re: The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

Post  ZED Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:55 am

Well this last week has been a quiet one for me. Other than my usual running, and working-out (and building the Scamp of course) I haven't done much hobby wise. Crying or Very sad

Thursday was my most 'interesting' day. Finished my shift, drove home, tackled the moving chicane that is the kamikaze mums & kids from the school. What a Face
My first job when I get home is to tend to our ladies (4 posh, and 3 ex-battery hens), they all greeted me at the gate looking happy, and well. I gave them a handful of corn as a treat, and some hot water & cider vinegar *hic* to help take off the icey chill from the air. Now normally at this point I've changed into my wellies to hose the pathway to their coop down, but today I (in my trainers) decided to collect the eggs first. This is where it all started going wrong......

Halfway down the slate pathway I slip on an enormous chicken poo (crappy trainers!). The poo combined with wet slate meant it was one of those sudden, sharp slips, that really shakes you up. Somehow I managed to stay on my feet, and after various blasphemes I continued my way to the coop.
I opened the nest box and start picking up the eggs. I balance one, two, three, four in my left hand, and pick the fifth one up with my right - This one turned out to have a soft shell, so broke in my hand, dribbled up to my wrist, and over the sleeve of my jumper. Rolling Eyes Still quite calm at this point, I throw it across the brook into the woods for the wildlife to enjoy.

Next job is to make the fire. The old man next door to Reg's parents has given us a load of Anthracite that he no longer has use for, so we're burning that at the mo. I see that there's only two sticks of wood by the fireplace, and know that this might not be enough for the fire to take hold of the anthracite, but I thought I'd try anyway.

I lift the stove lid after a few minutes and see the wood glowing nicely, but it definately won't be enough to get the anthracite going. I've been awake for 10hrs at this point, and have had a rubbish day at work, so I'm getting slighlty narked now.
On my way to chop more kindling wood I see a Kay's catalogue in the hallway that had been unwantedly left for us, so in my laziness I decide to ram that into the fire. As soon as I closed the lid it hit me, catalogues don't burn, they just smoulder (idiot!). Embarassed Whoosh, I hear flames take hold, moments later there's silence. I lift the lid SMOOOOKE, so slammed it shut. I know I've got to get the catalogue out, I try with the tongues, but can't get a grip, so I use my heatproof gloved hand. As soon as the air gets into the catalogue it bursts into flames affraid I quickly drop it back into the fire, and go to examine my sleeve, hair, and eyebrows!

Hair intact. I can't leave the catalogue to just smoulder away all night giving off lots of smoke, but little heat, so I must get it back out.... Front door open, bucket at the ready, open lid of stove, grab smouldering catalogue, slat into bucket, pick up bucket, run through living room with now flaming bucket! Shocked

Aaaah, it's safely outside. Smile

Back in home it reeks of smoke, and there's ash and charred bits of pages everywhere. I shut the lounge door, open all of the windows, and fetch the hoover to vacuum up the mess.
All clean! Smile
I empty the hoover into the wheelie bin, and hear a thud....... One of the bloody filters has only gone and fell into the bin! Ok, now I'm furious! Mad
It's raining, I tip the bin over and crawl inside to retrieve the filter, getting covered in ash in the process. I know, I know, I could have used the rake/sweeping brush/anything long handled to get it out, but by this point anger had taken over!

Back in home again, filter cleaned up, hoover packed away. I check the time, CRIKEY! Reg will be home in a minute, and I haven't made the dinner. I get the chicken fillets out of the fridge, they're still frozen! We haven't got a microwave evil things, and I thought the plaggy bag & hot water method might be a bit risky with chicken, so I finally gave in to the Law of Sod, and it was humble beans on toast for tea. pale

EDIT: Last, but not least (when I finally got around to hosing down the slabs) I turned the outside tap on, and the friggin hose shot off, and the water ran straight down onto my feet.

Looking forward to a better week ahead,
Elaine. Wink

Last edited by MESS on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed a bit out)
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday Empty The Scipio household

Post  lin and tony Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Better luck next time Elaine.

Damn - just written this out once previewed it and lost it!!!!!

Oh well, for me it was another normal week of work. Leave the house at 7.30, return at 5.30ish. Get teas take Dawn to various clubs etc and then start work again - amrking, planning, preparing etc.
This week however, we had a canal art lady in to show the children (6 and 7 year olds) how to paint the traditional canal art patterns. Very Happy The children loved it. Julie Tonkin has been coming to school for the last few years and it is always a great time. The children become totally involved in it and produce some wonderful roses and castles art work. It enthuses them for their history of canals work too. (Mind you my back is killing) The wrok is now all double mounted and most of it is on the wall of my classroom looking fantastic. More work will follow over the next couple of weeks as they use their new-found skills.

Wednesday was a very sombre day for staff at school. Many staff were out at the funeral of the 23 year son of one of our colleagues. Sad He died 5 weeks after being diagnosed with leukaemia. Pneumonia set in and in his weakened state his body was not able to fight. So, when we moan...

Nic has been busy over the last week or so applying for uni places for this coming Sept. She has received a frim offer from Aberystwyth and we have been getting loads of stuff through the post about that and the other places she has applied to. I keep telling myself - we can afford this!... Of course we can! She keeps us informed of her life in Jersey on a daily basis. Where she's been, what she's been doing, which bird has attacked her that day! What do they say about never biting the hand that feeds you?!!! Someone needs to tell that crane (or was it an ibis) that. She ended up with a black and blue hand for several days. Apparently, you have to use a broom to keep it away - clearly she has not perfected the technique yet! silent

Dawn is complaining of aches and pains etc etc. Well she is 15! So although she has done most of her clubs etc this week, she did miss out on Dance lessons on Weds eve and Guides where she is a young leader- so a quick run down of the rest - A hike/map reading exercise with explorer scouts for two hours on Sunday in prep for D of E (Bronze), Scouts on Tuesday Pieano lesson on Thursday and drama yesterday. She is really happy cos she has been given one of the leads in their next production in Feb. Loads of lines to learn! sunny

Tony has had the normal - work - sleep - work pattern, with a little 'facebook' and TV thrown in. He did go out Thursday evening for a meal with colleagues - an unusual event for him. Then on Friday evening he played squash for 3 hours - been dubbed the Duracell bunny and Mr. Everready at the club - 2 hours again Sat am and 3 hours this morning! He has alsos been working on Taz. I was given the task of cleaning the engine (Its sitting on the drive on a trolley) so complete with Gunk, paintbrush, rubber gloves and power washer, I stripped off layers of goodness only knows what! I am well aware that, when he tries to get it going again and he can't, it will be my fault!!!! He was tinkering with bits and pieces in the empty engine compartment - only to discover that he has loads more bits and pieces to buy!!!! clown Guess the engine will not be in next weekend after all! pale

Oh well, better get back to the marking. Looking forward to reading about other people's weeks.
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday Empty Re: The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

Post  Mk3rob Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Well being in the middle of 7 rest days (thurs-Wed) you'd think the week would be startibg off well. Buuuut my body was still trying to recover from the week before, 2 days reroofing the carport which meant standing on an a-frame ladder, arms out stretched putting screws in. The consequences are that my shoulders hurt when i lift my arms up or rearwards. Went to the chiropracter on Wed who went ooh err and then dug his fingers into my shoulders for 20 mins and charged me £31 for the privalege. Yes my shoulders still hurt.

Went to work Thurs/Fri night, company are pratting us about trying to change our shift roster and telling us when we can/cannot have leave. So sod it, i put in 2 days hols and had last night and tonight off and went to the Stafford Mini Show.

After total miscalculation of distance/ time i realised when i got there at 9.15 that it only really takes 45mins to do 25 miles to get there. But thats allright i'll be on time to meet the others at the cafe for breakfast, by 11 and getting a bit hungry by now i meet up with Steve, Rick and Jono. No sign of E&R or Carla. I get home at 2.30 and Dave Muttely phones up and says where are you, eeeerrrrrr at home!

Well 3 days off now will i be fit enough to do the CV gaiters on the Scamp??????????

Rob
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:19 pm

Well Sunday is my first day back at work (my weekend is Friday and Saturday). My weekdays are quite boring, up at 6am, shower, glass of orange / banana /strawberry juice pack the laptop and try and to remember where I parked the car the day before.

We have been chucked out of our car park while they finish off some building works so we have to park in the building next door so its first come, no spaces down a level you go, no spaces down another level. Then out and right round the lake slowing down at the numerous speed humps and onto the Sheik Zeyed road, accelarating hard up to 100 kph to find a slot in the packed 5 lane highway where everyone goes at whatever speed they like from 60 to 130 kph in any lane, there are several speed cameras on the stretch to my office, most mornings some twathead tears down the fast lane and sets one off.

It takes about 25 minutes depending on the traffic from leaving my apartment to get to the office. The dirt road to the office has now been filled in but its so lumpy that you have to go slow otherwise your likely to tear a wheel off. Dodging the numerous labor buses and swarms of little brown men I turn into the car park in front of the building where we occupy an office on the third floor. I normally toil all day over my laptop till 5pm where I do the same journey but by a different route sometimes going to the Mall of the Emirates or the Ibn Battuta Mall to eat and do a bit of shopping. Then back to the apartment in time to say hello to Jeannette via our webcams. We only get an hour or so as the 4 hour time difference means Jeannette's just getting home when I should be thinking of going to bed.

Thats Sunday to Thursday out of the way. Dubai has their version of the January sales called the Dubai Shopping Fesitval, I have given the old credit card a caning this weekend buying some shoes a couple of jackets and some t-shirts, the normal prices are scary but with 50, 60 or even 75% off I think I got some bargains.

Today same routine only difference came straight home from work changed and went up to the gym on the 35th floor, did 45 mins on the running machine, trying to get in shape for the wedding in 3 weeks time. bounce
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wheeliebin Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:14 pm

I just spent the day trying to rewire the Mk1!
Joy beyond measure.
wheeliebin
wheeliebin

Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : Minis, Old cars, trying to avoid getting more points.
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Spent the day,in the rain, fixing bits, on the newley purchased caravan, that the previous owners had either broke or cocked up. Hopefully, one day, it will be towable with the Scamp. Had my grandchildren fix (wind 'em up, hand 'em back - it's good this grandparenting bit!). Had daughter Kelly and son in law Ben for dinner and their mad Spaniel puppy Fonzi. Good day really........................... apart from the rain.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Bugger... it's Monday Very Happy
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:59 pm

Ere! what you lot been up to this week?

My week been pretty much as last week.
However have just spent the afternoon bag-packing in Sainsbury's with the Guides unit I help out with. Those poor people - I hope nothing was too squashed. We do try to stop the Guides and Brownies from cramming everything together into a bag - honestly!

Tony spent a couple of hour on Taz yesterday and promised that he was going to get out there again this afternoon - but he was still on the settee when I got home at 4.15! Jono brought him an engine hoist round on Friday (Thanks Jono. It is looking very attractive in our dining room!) Not sure when he is going to get round to using it. The engine is still sitting, covered up, on the drive and will probably be nicely covered in snow by the morning. It is now snowing here. A fine covering across the deck at mo. He keeps telling me there is plenty of time to get it back on the road before Easter - famous last words!

Oh well, the logs are burning well on the fire. I can hear them crackling as I sit at my desk pretending I am working! S'pose I should get on. Will wait to see what the morning brings - maybe we will be snowed in!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:26 pm

My turn, the week started off same as usual, get up at 6am shower go to work, go shopping and have something to eat in the mall on the way home, have a couple of drinks talk to Nettie over the Internet. Some good news finally got an order which gives me at least 6 months work so thats me sorted for while. Thursday had a pea souper of a fog. There was an air show in Al Ain (150km from Dubai) this weekend but didn't go. On my days off Friday and Saturday spent browsing the watch shops for a suitable present for Jeannette who will be 50 tomorrow. Took pictures of suitable specimens with my mobile phone to make sure I got the one she liked and bought it on my way home from work tonight. Off to Abu Dahbi on Tuesday to assist in a presentation for a job we hope to get oops sorry I should keep that till next Sunday. Only 13 days of freedom left weeping

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday Happy-birthday-054(for tomorrow Jeannette)
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:22 am

I know it's not Sunday but I never did (normally) work weekends, so didn't get online then, and have still to get into the habit of doing so. Consider this backdated and ****** the rules.

People are beginning to realise I'm retired - I get phone calls asking me if I'm available to do things (I was warned about this). This week, could I fix a sticking door at the parish church, and could I play a CD at a funeral.

In any big organisation, there are all sorts of things that happen behind the scenes which aren't anything to do with that organisation's main business, and are really quite unimportant until they go wrong. People then notice. Especially at weddings and funerals. Things like candles being long enough to last out the service, the right hymn numbers being posted, and doors opening wide enough to let the bridal party, or a coffin and pallbearers, through without difficulty.

The church building has a front porch with a tiled floor, and a few of the tiles had risen a bit, making it impossible to open one of outer doors. These doors are made of good English oak, and their size and weight meant working on them in situ with a maximum of 20mm clearance at the bottom. Thank heaven for Minidrills! Half an hour with a side cutter and enough was shaved off to allow the door to be opened. Another ten minutes and it would shut as well...

As you may guess, there are strict rules about what you can do to the fabric of historic church buildings, to ensure that they will continue to last for a few more centuries yet. The Victorians have a lot to answer for, making changes that seemed a good idea at the time (and very possibly were) but are a bit out of place now. We can still see where the gas lighting used to be... So nowadays you have to apply to the Diocese, technically the building's owner, for permission before you can so much as bang a nail in a wall. Fortunately, this isn't needed for routine repairs and maintenance as long as you stick to approved materials. And it's not as if the doors are historic antiques, they've only been in about 50 years - the 400 year old main door, now that would have been another matter.

I'm one of the church "stage crew" - we look after the P.A. and any fancy lighting that's needed. In this case they wanted an Elton John track played at a funeral. The CD would normally be provided by someone in the deceased's party, however with ten minutes to go, no sign of one. Fortunately the vicar's husband, who has been running youth club discos for years, was able to supply it from his extensive collection. I'm glad to say everything went without a hitch. They were even able to carry the coffin out without having to turn it on its side...
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Time slip!

Well between work periods i have finally stripped down one side of my front suspension. Boy am i glad to have a reroofed garage with the gaps sealed up in the sides.
Yesterday while dodging the start of the snow to get in/out of garage i finally got the top susp arm off and the rubber doughnut and cone (just got to smash severn shades of ....to split them). Some bits, that are being replaced any way, were removed with the aid of an angle grinder, it was just not worth the time and struggle to free seized bushes etc.
The first coat of paint was applied to the bits that are going back on.
Mon i hope to dig my way out to the garage and continue.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday Empty Here we snow!

Post  lin and tony Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:14 am

Well I am sure there are many who have lots to say about this week!
I was over the moon when - having arrived at school on Monday morning (one of only 6 to get up onto our carpark - or even try it! drive1 It's up a steep hill with a turn at the bottom and a turn at the top. And I was only in my Clio! driving ) The children came in - full of stories of slipping and sliding - just like the staff really but noisier!- We had a big week ahead of us - only 6 and 7 years old, but time for assessments, informal but rigorous! Started off with reading comprehension - Amidsed intermittant cries of - Look at the snow!- Then at 11am, we started getting phone calls to ask for children to go home! Bit by bit, children were collected until just after lunch I had a total of 6 out of 30 children left! The call from above sent out the message - double up classes and staff with furthest to go should leave Oh and Dudley Ed auth have closed all schools tomorrow- You can just imagine my disappointment at that news! cheers I didn't stop to argue! I was home by 2.30!!
Dawn came home from school at the normal time - wlking back through the snow. She was as excited as any of the 6 years olds I had been teaching! A group of them then went out to play! They were all pretty sure that school would be closed the next day for them. (We live in Worcestershire so my auth does not cover her!) Next morning - a trawl through websites(which were crashing due to so much traffic) and radio stations eventually gave me the info that her school was OPEN - what a popular decision that was!!! No Finally got her out of bed, defrosted the car (She was running late by now) Went to take her to school -tyre had gone flat!!! (Alloys need something doing to them) Got friend up to take her - she is still muttering and moaning about going to the only school in the country open that day!
Wednesday - back to school - children full of tales of snowmen, sledging and snowball fights. A normal ish day. Staff meeting - head tells us that snow is forecast again but she does not feel able to close the school while the sun is shining and the sky is blue!
Thursday - SNOW! Wait for a call - and wait - and wait! Bugger, will have to brave the roads - Tony had called by then to tell me that the roads were the worst they had been so far! What a Face (Worcs had practically run out of salt)Phone my line manager to check - leave her a message cos not answering and put coat on - phone rings - YES!!!!! woohoo Apparently a text had been sent 20 mins previously - got stuck in the ether somewhere! Dawns school also closed. I went down the garden, brought 5 baskets of logs up to the house, lit both log burners and sat at my desk and marked all day - a short break for lunch. These particular pieces of work take me half an hour per child. What a bonus being able to do them during the day instead of into the early hours of several nights and over the weekend!
Back at school for me Friday - Dawn still off.
Still can't believe it. 2 days off in 1 week! Never happened before!
Tony has been to work everyday - aaah!

Not much else happened really. Tony has finally got around to grinding the exhaust manifold off the inlet manifold to refit with his new bits and has sorted out some bolts for the engine mountings on Taz and says he is going to work all of today on him - we will see! jocolor
Oh well, he's just returned from squash now.

Hoope you all had a good afternoon and evening yesterday! would have loved to have been there. Kids - they don't half get in the way of enjoying yourself! (love em really)
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:32 am

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention - my cat. We do have three. But this week, a special mention to my oldest cat. 23 this month!!!!! party She spends most of her time in front of the fire in the living room. That has become her spot (whether the fire is alight or not)- and woe betide anyone who tries to warm their bum by standing on the mat when she wants to lie down! She does little else all day except yell for food - very loudly as she is deaf! She didn't care for the snow, but it made no difference to her as she doesn't choose to go outside in the winter now. I suppose she had the fire burning for two extra days so it was a bonus.
So, happy birthday Rags! cheers
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Its Monday here in Dubai but its still Sunday in the uk so this posts is ok. I went to Abu Dahbi last Tuesday about 50 minutes at 130 kph, the new Dubai Waterfront project was supposed to be twice as big as Hong Kong's water front so the hoardings say but it won't for a while cos its been put on hold like a lot of projects here. Anyway got to Abu Dahbi and the job is the Yas Island Marina Hotel - the one thats spans the new Grand Prix circuit. The hotel is supposed to be open in June and the race is in November but only 10% of the track has been laid and the hotel is far from finished. But you will be able to berth your million dollar boat at the marina like Monaco or fly into the circuit in your helicopter. The drivers have their own villas behind the team pits so they won't have to rough it in their Winibago's. We have the job for commissioning and hope to the get the manuals as well fingers crossed so we get free tickets in November. I have been spending again in the sales, bought a 140 pound suit for 33 pounds and they turned up the trousers for free. Had my stag night Friday the bar bill came to around 330 quid at the current exchange rate but we all had a good time I think I only fell over once. I will have to soon stop jigging about cos something will break I know it will. Fat Boy Slim is here on the 11th but I shall be packing my suitcase ready for Thursday afternoon flight back to sunny Britain. Now learning about portable web applications, HTML, MySql, PHP to eventually host our manuals on some data server in the USA, all a far cry from an IBM Golfball typewiter that a nice lady used to produce them 30 odd years ago. Nettie had her hen night last night a meal and chat with her friends which she enjoyed. So only a few more days to go before we both say I do.
beer
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Nights Mon/Tues,
off Wed because i was on a course Thurs day.
Personal Track Safety, which we have to take and pass every 2 years. You need this to work on Trains and the rail network. These certs are known to exchange hands for several hundreds of £s, that is if your name is "Smith" or the =.
Fri night holiday as i went to the Pub do on Sat.
For non work activities see the Tech and Events pages.

Oh yes and it snowed a bit, and as i live on a loop road off another loop road in an estate, there was still ice on my road on a bend with the camber going the wrong way! when i left for the pub Sat morning.
The main roads were all clear, but everyones little darlings were let of school so they could snowball the cars, you know the ones with stones in the middle.
Afteroons this coming week so hopefully i wont have to scrape ice/snow off my windows, well maybe when i leave work at 8pm.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday Empty my Sunday (the worlds Thursday)

Post  Nic-Nic Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:25 am

Im special- its my Sunday today- working at a zoo you get random days of.
This week has been better than normal- really understaffed, but sill found time to re-vamp 2 avaries. Which involved carrying bckets full of dirt, gravel, and mud through ever deepening mud- the 2 guys and I that were doing it all felt fine- untill the next days wen we discovered that it really hurt picking up buckets of water. the avarys do look good though. We were also rather bruised, from the buskets nocking us.
A new guy moved in to our flats this week-he seems good fun- we dont c him much at work, as he works in mamals- trator.
I fell in to one of the ponds, and cut my knee- but managed to stay qite dry. The white faces whistling ducks laughed at me- and all gathered round to taunt me.
Most days it rained- torentially- so much for sunny jersey, but due to me being in charge of wetlands, and the other wet-land guy having to run parrots we had to keep going- and to b honest- we prob got more done this week than we have in the last 3 months.
Our 3 baby cranes went up with the adults a few days ago- they "gured and gremlined" all the way across the park, whilst being tucked under peoples arms to carry them. once in there new padock, they looked rather puzzled. James soon introduced himself (james being my baby crane who was allready up there) the babys were however rather confused at the sight of there mum- who they have never seen- so she had to be poked through the fence. There moving meant we could dismantle there old enclosure- which provided some amusement- as the 3 of us took it down, then tried to carry the pieces to store them.
my Friday- aka- the worlds Tuesday started rather eventfully- as soon as we got in, we had a radio message from the maintenence guys- "Your crowned crane from the valley is out" So 2 of us went down to catch him, but as we got to him he decided to start jumping fences and going a-wal. Our main boss joined the chase, and at one point had to give me a leg up over a 6 foot mesh fence so I could get in front of the crane- this ripped another pair of trousers. The crane managed to get out on to the main road at one point- and we had to run out and stop traffic whilst we got him back onto zoo land- after an hour and a half he got himself on to the roof of the females enclosure and we managed to- eventually bounce him off, and jump him- he was then put in with the female- much to her discust.
This did however set us back through the rest of the day- which had to b spent catching up.
I have been driving the easy-go ... this is our iccle utility vehicle- it is so slow, but once we get up to the dump we can play- it goes faster backwards than forwards.

Wednesday we have our weekly--- WII Wednesday- we all go to a friends, take food and play on her wii- norm a good laugh.

Chris went home last thursday :-( - so last week was far better than this week- as he was here- that always makes a good week. The ppl here r lovely, but having him, or my family here makes things better.

Thats aboout it for my week- And tomorrow is my Monday-- -or the rest of the worlds friday!

Nic, and Daisy
x
Nic-Nic
Nic-Nic

Number of posts : 116
Location : Here, then over there, and now all the way up here!!!
Job/hobbies : Scamping!
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:36 am

Well another week has gone by!
Quite a special one of course for some Scamp club members! sunny

A normal week for me - and , I think, for Tony. The best bit for me was Friday afternoon - last day at work for a week - half term! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

The weekend, so far has, of course, has been special. We travelled upto Frodsham yesterday evening and attended a wonderful wedding reception! It was great to see Martin and Nettie look so happy. They both looked wonderful. Nettie was wearing a beautiful classy dress in gold with a little matching short jacket.
For those of you not able to attend, you missed a great evening. Lots of Scamp club members - some of whom I'm afraid I did not know silent (Well I've only been a member a short while) The venue was lovely and the food was fantastic. Very generously, the couple had even paid for several free drinks each behind the bar! beer I have to say, having partaken of four large glasses of wine during the evening, drinks_wine I was a little unsteady on my legs and felt a little queasy on our journey home - Tony was driving-not me!!!!!! Thankfully I slept most of the way. Sleep
We arrived home at about 2.30. Tony got up this morning to play his usual game of racket ball - I slept off the wine! Head is still feeling a little dizzy. Got up to answer the phone to the news that Dawn - staying at her Grandmas overnight - was practising her ballet last night with her blocked shoes, fell and has hurt her foot - was apparently very swollen last night. No Gone down this morning but the bruising is coming out. She cannot put any weight on it. Looks like I will be spending the afternoon in casualty! She is panicking as her play - for which she has one of the leads - is next Saturday! KIDS!

Oh well, better get myself motivated and moving.

Thank you again to Martin and Nettie and Congatulations sunny
lin and tony
lin and tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:45 pm

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday IMAG1602small

Thank you all for coming to our wedding yesterday, Nettie and I had a wonderful day it was chilly but fine, we are off to the lake district for a few days on our honeymoon, picture received from Mike this morning, will upload some of the official photos when we get them, take care all wavey
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:00 pm

It sure looks like you all had a good night.

Congratulations to you pair. I'm supprised you had the energy to turn the computer today, you must have the staminar of a race horse! Wink
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  Regsmonster Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Mega evening! Nice to catch up with everyone! Cool

R&E

Less of the tongues Mr & Mrs Spindler! lol!
Regsmonster
Regsmonster

Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : I like to do things differently.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wheeliebin Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Just been to look at prams/pushchairs for our first baby, expected in May....the blood has run from my wallet, as I discovered that at £700 the one we want would cost twice the price of my Scamp! My suggestion of a wheelbarrow (for child) and another Scamp (for me)was met with thin lips and rolling pins at dawn!
wheeliebin
wheeliebin

Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : Minis, Old cars, trying to avoid getting more points.
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Bet it won't last as long as the average Scamp, either... Rolling Eyes
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday Empty my Sunday

Post  Nic-Nic Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:02 am

Congratulations Nettie and Martin bounce
My week has been busy- one of the ladies in our department is of, so on my Friday, I was left alone to do every thing, except feed the flamingos in the morning. My boss helped as much as she could, but had parots to do, and she is rather pregnant, so cant do much in the way of lifting, or carrying.
However, the week went well , and we did get lots of extra stuff done.
We r having a party for one of my friends leaving Jersey. So we have to dress up as an animal in our department--- we r all going as flamingos! We have lots of animal moving to do - - - sorting out enclosures, and stuff like that. On Tuesday, we finnished 3/4 of an hour late - so that was an excuse to have a chinease- ne excuse goes.

Only 1 week and 3 days till im home now- yay. Im all excited about that.

Hope every one is well.
Nic and Daisy
Nic-Nic
Nic-Nic

Number of posts : 116
Location : Here, then over there, and now all the way up here!!!
Job/hobbies : Scamping!
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 am

Nic-Nic wrote:....

Only 1 week and 3 days till im home now- yay. Im all excited about that. ...

...Quick ! Tony! You ain't got long to put back all the bits you've pinched off Nic's Scamp for yours.... affraid
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next