Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Completing the DVLC V55 Vehicle registration form

3 posters

Go down

Completing the DVLC V55 Vehicle registration form Empty Completing the DVLC V55 Vehicle registration form

Post  Gordon Owen Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:59 pm

Can anyone help me with the completion of this form
I have the chassis number and the engine number but all the details of emissions and the track and dimensions etc I do not have since the Mark 2 came from the Channel Islands without any paperwork
Gordon

Gordon Owen

Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Retired, Beekeeper
Registration date : 2018-07-10

Back to top Go down

Completing the DVLC V55 Vehicle registration form Empty Re: Completing the DVLC V55 Vehicle registration form

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:46 am

You may have a problem here - although not with the details you mention. I'm assuming you are importing the Scamp as a used vehicle, and filling in form V55/5.

From my reading of this form, it seems the details would normally be on a vehicle's Certificate of Conformity.  Scamps don't have them since, as home-built vehicles, they were exempt from such things (at least, they were when I registered my Mk2 in 1988). So those sections which say "take this information from the Certificate of Conformity" can be left blank.

However, for CofC exemption you will need some sort of documented evidence of the vehicle's age. Was it registered in the Channel Islands? I'm very sorry to have to say that with no paperwork, you may find yourself paddleless up the proverbial.

BTW this is just my understanding of the situation, not the opinion of a qualified expert.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Completing the DVLC V55 Vehicle registration form Empty Re: Completing the DVLC V55 Vehicle registration form

Post  Mk3rob Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:34 am

Whats the old reg no
We may know its history before it went to the Channel Islands.

Give us some pics to see if we recognise it.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm

There's a good chance that the Scamp was imported into the Channel Islands.
If you have the CI reg no.you may be able to contact their DVLA and find out the original UK Reg details.

That way you then have the UK history which should get your Scamp back with its original UK Reg No.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Owen Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:49 pm

Thanks but it was made in Guernsey and I had no idea what registration number it had there
Do you think a scamp owner could help me/
Gordon

Gordon Owen

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Owen Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:51 pm

Rum Tum Tugger wrote:You may have a problem here - although not with the details you mention. I'm assuming you are importing the Scamp as a used vehicle, and filling in form V55/5.

From my reading of this form, it seems the details would normally be on a vehicle's Certificate of Conformity.  Scamps don't have them since, as home-built vehicles, they were exempt from such things (at least, they were when I registered my Mk2 in 1988). So those sections which say "take this information from the Certificate of Conformity" can be left blank.

However, for CofC exemption you will need some sort of documented evidence of the vehicle's age. Was it registered in the Channel Islands? I'm very sorry to have to say that with no paperwork, you may find yourself paddleless up the proverbial.

BTW this is just my understanding of the situation, not the opinion of a qualified expert.

Gordon Owen

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Owen Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 pm

Perhaps Should ring the DVLC
What do you think?

Gordon Owen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:45 am

I should try and get more info from Guernsey if i was you.
Before contacting our DVLA.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down