Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

CLUB MAGAZINE

5 posters

Go down

CLUB MAGAZINE Empty CLUB MAGAZINE

Post  wezgit daan saaf Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:46 am

As you may have realised,the Scamp Magazine has not dropped through your door for quite a while. I am afraid, that due to the lack of time, the lack of input and the lack of interest in anything south of Oxford (see the lack of posts for Brooklands) that I am throwing in the towel. I cannot get to all of the events as the fuel costs from down here would be prohibitive,so,I can't write about the events I don't attend.
Sorry to let you guys down,but the new post will be up for grabs as from the June agm,and I will continue to write articles for who ever wants the post.
Chris Westgate.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

CLUB MAGAZINE Empty Re: CLUB MAGAZINE

Post  Mk3rob Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi Chris

Thanks for all your efforts over the last few years in producing the magazine in the face of adversity. Sad

It is hard to get people to write articles when the events they are going to are repeats over many years. People as the years go by are going to lesser events as well.

Thanks cheers Rob
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 am

Thats a shame Chris.
As Rob hit the nail on the head people can't afford to attend events, with the price of fuel, its a £250 weekend for most, there are a lot of keen Scampers that bring a caravan, then drive a Scamp there, drive the Scamp all weekend there's over £100 for fuel. then there's £50 for camping. Plus you got a few meals out and so one....Its a lot of money for people especially for young families. The country up the sh*tter the government keep squeezing us putting up fuel duty, then you got everything else that increases in price when you go and buy it ..Sorry but thats my view..Lets hope things change one day..
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Sorry to read your post Chris. I'm as guilty as most for not writing a short article for the magazine after an event.

For years the club has suffered from almost total apathy from it's members (it seems to be pandemic with all car clubs). I found it so frustrating sometimes to get anyone to do anything when i was club pres. It does get to you after a while. Rolling Eyes
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:35 pm

I have always put the SOC interests to the forfront at whatever event I have gone to,it is rather like a business,you need to nurture it,advertise it and promote it to succeed.It has always been my opinion that concentrating solely on greenlaning and offroading is counterintuitive as you need to show popularity and ability in numbers at the shows if the club is to carry on and expand its membership.To show a mudded Scamp at a Mini Show or Kit car show is the best advertisement that the greenlaning and offroading side of the club can get if you want people to be interested,as it is a shiney polished one for those that don't want to go offroading. I can't see the point in having all of these offroad events if no one outside the club knows about it,so writing articles to put into the club mag is one way of doing that,displaying photos on the SOC website is another,showing photos at shows is another...Robs big photo wall...Brilliant!! As you well know,I have in the past travelled vast distances to get to some of the events,the Leicester Pub meet in February...200 miles,I have in the past done it there and back in a day...............You don't need a Caravan to travel to Brooklands!! And it's £25.00 for family entry,discounted if you pay in advance (2 Adults and 2 children).It's 75 miles for me so I am sure it's not prohibitive for some of you...3 Scamps on Stand!!! LETS TRY AND MAKE IT IN NUMBERS TO STONELEIGH AND "BIG UP" THE SCAMP OWNERS CLUB AND NOT LET IT SLIP INTO OBLIVION AS THE WAY IT'S GOING AT THE MOMENT!!! Maybe an entrace into the the evening entertainment...fancy dress or something a little bit different perhaps...............Ideas please.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutstar Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 am

Hi Chris, I feel terribly guilty about Brooklands as we only live 22 miles away but with no income at the moment both our scamps have been in mot'd for some time now and stumpy hasn't been the same since stoutport (he is going for counselling) with no money to fix it Sad Rob and Rick are right about the lack of money around at the mo so no one would ever blame you for not attending certain shows
Mutstar
Mutstar

Number of posts : 172
Job/hobbies : minis minis and more minis
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down