Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

New Owner of Yellow Peril III

5 posters

Go down

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Empty New Owner of Yellow Peril III

Post  Martin & Nettie Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 pm

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Scamps007

</A>The new owner of Yellow Peril III or to give its full title Scamp GT4x4 is Mr Mike Bingham, under pressure from her indoors I have sold it reluctantly, I had plans to install a Vitara or Swift engine to give more grunt together with disc brakes but life goes on and I can now concentrate on getting Nettie's Florence back on the road. Nettie wants her greehouse back for tomatoes and such. The Yellow Perill III was the prototype for using Suzuki's instead of Mini's, it is one of a kind, the sides were later modified to allow easier access (Mike will have trouble getting in out). I have had my fun and its now time to pass it onto someone who will make good use of it I'm sure New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_sad
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Empty cat outta the bag

Post  mikescamp Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:33 am

well martin you let the cat out of the bag now !
yes I'll soon have three scamps outside my house the neighbours are really excited !! New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_twisted
as for getting in and out I have plans ???maybe citroen based suspension to lower it ,a hydrulic crane to position me in the seat or maybe a

strategically placed step to assit entry and exit New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_bounce
as for the upgrades if anyone knows of a spare sj front axle with discs fitted and maybe a servo to go with it please let me know
Thanks to martin & Nettie
from Runcorn motors best customer !!! New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_biggrin
mikescamp
mikescamp

Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : IT/scamping,planting
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Empty Re: New Owner of Yellow Peril III

Post  Martin & Nettie Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:00 pm

It only has a 997cc engine what do you want disc brakes for - you have got used to them in the Santana now its time to get back to basics, I thought of changing to discs but I got bogged down with the many SJ variants, is it from Japan or Spain, does it have 4 or 5 speed box - would the wrong diff in front axle affect the transfer box? you could have the 413 chassis thats in the greenhouse and build it up with axles and a bigger engine say an 8 valve Vitara or a V6 or even a V8 then transfer the Scamp from its 410 chassis to it - at least it will keep you busy - also have a 4 speed gea box to go as well - easier access could be gained by puchasing a small step ladder from B&Q (also available from other diy stores) New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_lol
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  mikescamp Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 pm

I have no death wish, better brakes first before bigger engine . I know the difference red scamp discs, 1275 engine blue scamp drums 998 engine ,as for buying steps from b&q why buy when we can fabricate ? only needsa couple of fold down steps sping loaded,each side. as for the bigger engine 410 is quite adquate if your playing with scamps. suzi has pulled a bob tailed Range Rover out that was stuck in the mud near chatsworth.
Have a good holiday Martin see you when you get back
off to change a king pin now
mikescamp
mikescamp

Back to top Go down

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Empty suzuki king pin

Post  mikescamp Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:17 pm

was easier than I thought king pin changed along with new oil seals left the wheel bearings for another day as they seemed ok
mikescamp
mikescamp

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Where's Martin?...................................

Oh, there he is..........

under Nettie's thumb!!! New Owner of Yellow Peril III 449355

Elaine. New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_lol New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_razz
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Oh now, come on dear, can't a chap reach agreement with his missus, even reluctantly, without being subjected such accusations?

More importantly, at least with the side-tracking out of the way, he can resume work on the REAL Scamp!
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician

Back to top Go down

Post  mikescamp Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Elaine are you saying that you haven't tamed Reg yet?
as for Rum Tum Tugger I see you admit to being a Luddite so mk1 would be as far as you can go .It was natural for me 2xMk2 = mk4 basic maths
mikescamp
mikescamp

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 pm

mikescamp wrote:Elaine are you saying that you haven't tamed Reg yet?

Hahaha haha, NOPE! New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_lol

E. New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  tinytom1 Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:09 pm

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_lol
mikescamp wrote:well martin you let the cat out of the bag now !
yes I'll soon have three scamps outside my house the neighbours are really excited !! New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_twisted
as for getting in and out I have plans ???maybe citroen based suspension to lower it ,a hydrulic crane to position me in the seat or maybe a

strategically placed step to assit entry and exit New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_bounce
as for the upgrades if anyone knows of a spare sj front axle with discs fitted and maybe a servo to go with it please let me know
Thanks to martin & Nettie
from Runcorn motors best customer !!! New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_biggrin

If you are stuck for space, I have got an empty garage. You can even stick your neighbours in New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_lol

tinytom1

Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Badminton
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mikescamp Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:20 am

An empty garage is very tempting, tell me more ? but the neighbours need somthing more secure. pensioners with walking sticks and audi drivers are both pretty dangerous, tower of london for them !
mikescamp
mikescamp

Back to top Go down

Post  tinytom1 Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:58 am

Tower of London? Good idea. I have got an ex to go with that. New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_lol

Garage is in Telford. You used to have a set of keys for them.

tinytom1

Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Badminton
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:41 pm

tinytom1 wrote:Tower of London? Good idea. I have got an ex to go with that. New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_lol

Oooooh, sounds like a woman scorned! New Owner of Yellow Peril III Peepwall

Elaine. Wink
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Empty The yellow peril arrives in shropshire

Post  mikescamp Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 am

Finally collected the yellow peril mk4 gt4x4 nearly didnt get her home the mounting point for the A frame was too high well above the center of the axle every time i tried to pull it with the peugeot the front wheels twisted and refuse to pull straight
fortunatley martin had the remmedy. after a rummage in his garage he found some brackets that had been scrapped from a building project he had worked on. we removed the drop link brackets replaced with bob the builders brackets attached the a frame I drove slow at first didnt dare go over 20 MPH all seemed fine 30 .40 by the time i got to shrewsbury 50MPH on the straight. YP is now tucked up in the workshop ready for a quick check over and then down to the mot station and pray it passes !
Thanks martin
mikescamp
mikescamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Nettie and I were both glad that you got home safe and sound, sorry the bucket seats are a bit snug, Nettie now wants the 413 chassis out of her greenhouse asap for her tomatoe plants (nag nag nag - women huh) if I don't get any takers for it its going to going get cut up - also still have 3 sets of 4x15" wheels road/off road tyres that will be going on ebay - I now have to find all the parts for Florence and buy a set of those now very expensive 155/70 10" tyres................................ New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_rolleyes
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Empty raod legal

Post  mikescamp Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Yellow Peril Now Road Legal For 12Months Thanks to Martins Preparation.
Bucket seats now fit perfecly Thanks to Mr H I Lift,
mikescamp
mikescamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 pm

On hindsight perhaps I should have doubled the price - glad it passed ok have fun - just need to sell the 413 chassis don't know of anyone ?
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

New Owner of Yellow Peril III Empty yp first day in church stretton

Post  mikescamp Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:27 pm

ran fine yesterday to go for mot, driving the twelve miles fromn shrewsbury last night began intermitent firing problems .I tghought prehaps it didnt like morrisons petrol having spent the last 15 years in cheshire maybe it used to somthing more refined .checked the distributor today one cable not pushed fully home started and let it idle for a while then drove along the high street, 2 almighty back fires later and i have suceeded in deafing the 5% of the pensioners which wern't already deaf, having waited 5 mins and a rain storm iminent I attempt to restart happily yp burst into life again dashed for home and thought about getting the timeing gun out once the rain stops To Be continued
mikescamp
mikescamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:48 pm

Mike check the filler cap and the little vent pipe under the rear wing it blocked up one year and caused a vacuum in the tank - check the points they might need dressing after sitting in the garage for two years - I think its paying you back for attacking the seats with a hi lift New Owner of Yellow Peril III Icon_jokercolor
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  mikescamp Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:35 pm

I treated Yp to a new set of plugs and removed what i presume is a non return valve from the tank vent taken for a test drive fortunatly the armed response team can stand down no enormous back fires. phew!!! quite scary last time.
If iI Can remedy the Noisey Gearbox in 2nd and 3rd Everthing Should be Rosey
mikescamp
mikescamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:25 pm

I would have put another gearbox in when I replaced the screaming clutch bearing (and clutch) but the one I bought was for a 410 but its a later one which is longer so it would not fit (another item for ebay) perhaps thats why it had thick carpet on the floor when I originally bought it - suggestion turn the radio up (only joking) you know you only bought it for offroading - sorting out the garage I found Suzy's original number plate do you want it in case you tow a trailer.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down