Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Who's doing what?

+7
minislapper
Mk3rob
Martin & Nettie
Jono
TRR Motorsport
ZED
RICK
11 posters

Go down

Who's doing what? Empty Who's doing what?

Post  RICK Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:09 am

Hello Scampers, I thought it would be nice to see who is doing what to their Scamp for the coming year?
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Who's doing what? Empty Re: Who's doing what?

Post  ZED Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:41 am

The ZZR engined beasty is going for its MOT, and SHOULD be on the road in the springtime Who's doing what? Icon_cool No point before, as it won't get driven (and there are other things that need my hard earned at the mo). Who's doing what? Icon_wink
And the Audi Turbo is kindly donating its engine to Reg's Monster..... nooooo idea what year that will be finished though! Who's doing what? Icon_lol

The long & short of it is we're both very committed to our jobs meaning we don't get much free time anyway, and then there are our other hobbies to fit into that space as well. Who's doing what? Icon_pirat

Still dedicated Scampers, just limited by time and money and we don't believe in borrowing either!
Elaine&Richard J AKA Reg. Who's doing what? Icon_biggrin Who's doing what? Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Not a lot is the answer.

K doesn't need anything doing to it.

Can't spare the cash to rebuild Pea at the moment. Need to save cash and find time to build the extensions to the Bungalow this year (Conservatories don't work as Dining rooms!).
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:17 pm

I shall give my Scamp a good coat of "looking at".......
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Didn't know Jaguar did bungalow extensions James Who's doing what? Icon_question

The Yellow Peril 2 (my gt4x4) is still in the garage waiting for the gearbox to be put back in after I replaced the clutch last year when the weather was warmer bit of a job as Mclean put the Scamp body on the Susuki chassis without leaving enough clearence to drop the gearbox doh, a bit of snipping of the tunnel did the trick - Nettie has said she would help but it would be a shame to break those lovely long nails she has now. I bought a SJ1300 chassis to replace the SJ410 so I could fit a Vitara engine and a disc brake front axle but I can't see that happening. Its now sitting in the greenhouse out of the weather - it has a SORN'ed V5 ideal for anyone thinking of building a Blitz.

Florence is still on her side in the garage waiting for me to put her back together with all the shiny things I bought her such as a set of hi-lows, a set of minilights (that need refurbishing) some blue high back bucket seats (which a mouse has been living the last time I looked) - I turn the aged A series engine over occasionally with a large spanner and maybe this year she will be ressurected who knows.

Not much progress I know but lets see when happens in the summer.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 pm

2010 will be a year for doing all those Scamp (and other) jobs that i have not completed over the past two years Who's doing what? Icon_rolleyes , maybe.

Sort Scamp roof out,
Fit brake servo,
Remove Mini50/Scamp40 stickers and prob have to slap some paint on it, emulsion or gloss Who's doing what? Icon_question

Well here's hoping Who's doing what? Icon_clown
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:01 pm

We're hoping (again....) to get the Nomad on the road this year. It's moved house too many times and hasn't been touched since about April so who knows......!

minislapper

Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Well Taz needs putting back together after suffering a gearing malfunction while green laning in November. Who's doing what? Icon_neutral

Engine is out, (Umm - retrospective request coming up! -Jono, please may we use your hoist again?)
gearbox dismantled and problem discovered; reassembled and rejoined to engine, pleaded for money for 4-pin diff, Who's doing what? 29227 (think I've got my own way!) awaiting delivery of said item + a couple of other bits and pieces.

Hopefully engine will be back in within two weeks ish then... well, lets wait and see!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:53 am

lin and tony wrote:Jono, please may we use your hoist again?

What, you didn't buy Lin one for Christmas? When's her birthday? I'm sure she'd love one.... Who's doing what? Icon_wink Who's doing what? Icon_lol

Ok, maybe not!

Elaine. Who's doing what? Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:10 am

Same as last year's job list (which I can't now find otherwise I'd have posted a link) only longer... Who's doing what? Sad-048
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Who's doing what? Empty RE;Who,s Doing What ?

Post  GT3Rob Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Now then, The 4x4 Scamp has had a slight leak to the rear axle (noticed whilst outside Colin & Debbies) just before the Leics green lane do, seems the bearing died chucking out EP90. Pretty patterns in the puddles. Got quote from Another Suzuki man? who only wanted £70.!!.Got one today in Leics £10. Sorted. Brakes need a service, And i need to remove 3 ton of mud now dry from the inside. (Thats what you get when you take off the doors with tyres wider than the arches!)This will be going up the vacuum cleaner, (not Jaynes i might add) Who's doing what? Icon_redface. Had to weld the sump up as it spat its oil towards the end of said Leics off roading do. Thank God it was only a small hole, just enough to poke a biro through!. Its begining to be Recovery Rick, not Recovery Rob. Thanks for the Tow (again Rick). The next clutch is on me. Eric the half CV has now been sold. The recently purchased mk3 has had a new water pump, head gasket, bypass hose, battery. The heater will be swapped for a newer one, the 2 speed type. (Cheers Dave) Who's doing what? Icon_biggrin It has a 1982 A series 998.(economy for now) The exhaust is a pig to seal, so ive treated it to a Maniflow freeflow cooper LCB and a Twin box sports (van ) system also Maniflow Who's doing what? Icon_cool .Soon to be fitted when i get some more gas for the heater. Hi /Lows on already. New road tyres all round, steel wheels for now Who's doing what? Icon_sad 13"s on the way. Not too many problems apart from the dancing on ice and off the road bit. Like i said not used to the front wheel mini drive bit. It took a while to tame the 29bhp 2cv!! (Rick did say i flew past the national speed limit on the return journey from Stourport Just!) Chassis galv so thats a bonus, fresh paint going on when a little warmer. Someone keeps nicking my gas. Who's doing what? Suspect .Take care for now look forward to seeing you all soon. 4x4 Rob.
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:36 pm

MESS wrote:
lin and tony wrote:Jono, please may we use your hoist again?

What, you didn't buy Lin one for Christmas? When's her birthday? I'm sure she'd love one.... Who's doing what? Icon_wink Who's doing what? Icon_lol

Ok, maybe not!

Elaine. Who's doing what? Icon_biggrin

Er well actually, Elaine!
My Mum, gave us some money this Christmas to buy something nice for ourselves. Who's doing what? Icon_santa In doing so, as Tony was not there at the time, she said to me - Lin - Make sure you get yourself something nice. Who's doing what? Icon_biggrin So... you remember that 4-pin diff required....! (Tony says he will put a ribbon on it when it is delivered!)

So I'm afraid a hoist is out of the question!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Who's doing what? Empty wot doing

Post  minirats Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:33 pm

hi all went to paint a corner on back got a bit carried away now it blue and black ,no stars on side or mirror front c u all soon

minirats

Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : cars r/c boats
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:02 am

lin and tony wrote:Er well actually, Elaine!
My Mum, gave us some money this Christmas to buy something nice for ourselves. Who's doing what? Icon_santa In doing so, as Tony was not there at the time, she said to me - Lin - Make sure you get yourself something nice. Who's doing what? Icon_biggrin
So... you remember that 4-pin diff required....! (Tony says he will put a ribbon on it when it is delivered!)

So I'm afraid a hoist is out of the question!

Ok, maybe a hoist would make a nice romantic valentine's prezzie? Wink

I'll get my coat......
Who's doing what? Getmecoat
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down