Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

How many inches did you get?

+6
minislapper
wezgit daan saaf
TRR Motorsport
ZED
Mk3rob
Regsmonster
10 posters

Go down

How many inches did you get? Empty How many inches did you get?

Post  Regsmonster Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Did you go out for a play in the snow? We did at 06.00, the single track lanes were fun, but it wasn't that deep.
Unfortunately no pics. How many inches did you get? Icon_rolleyes

R&E How many inches did you get? Icon_cool
Regsmonster
Regsmonster

Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : I like to do things differently.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How many inches did you get? Empty Re: How many inches did you get?

Post  Mk3rob Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm

It was -6 at Brize Norton so i was in minus inches and the brass monkeys weren't doing to well either How many inches did you get? Icon_twisted
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:33 am

Little blue acorn, Rob? How many inches did you get? Icon_lol

T'was minus six up the farm Saturday morning (brrrrr). I arrived there to find the water pipes into the dairy frozen. Then one of the fridges decide to flame up, and to top it off, the compressed air gave up around 3pm....... How many inches did you get? Rolleyes

We still managed to complete all of the milk & cream orders though, which is a good job coz they're going through the roof at the mo. How many inches did you get? Cool

Elaine. How many inches did you get? Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:59 pm

We had 4" in Stamford which made getting to the Office on Friday afternoon and the works party on Saturday evening rather interesting.

The Freelander on it's side near Oakham didn't help Leanne's confidance either!
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:19 pm

TRR Motorsport wrote:The Freelander on it's side near Oakham didn't help Leanne's confidance either!

The woman's at work couldn't get up the iced concrete yard at the farm on Saturday.................. My little Jimny found it a doddle. How many inches did you get? Icon_cool

E. How many inches did you get? Icon_lol
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Anybody else enjoying it?

Elaine. How many inches did you get? Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Oh yeah How many inches did you get? Icon_evil

Nights all this week - 10pm - 7am.

It started in Wolves after i had gone to bed Tues am How many inches did you get? Icon_biggrin about 2", then started again lightly from 4pm through the night til 3am when it stopped.

So working on the train depot at night walking in 3-4" of snow is really great.........not.

"Not a lot of people Know this"

When the trains are going along at 100mph+ the speed causes a vacuum under the train which actually lifts the snow and ballast (stones between rails) up into the air. The consequences are that we have broken windows, 3 on one train and 1 on the other. The only prob was that the company that normally changes them for us were stuck in Manchester!

What we have to do is stick thick Fablon (sticky backed plastic Val!), that which is also good for sticking decals onto Scamp bonnets How many inches did you get? Icon_biggrin , on the inside and tell the driver to go slower.

My prob is just getting to the main road. I live on an estate looproad which is off another loop road, so i have to rely on the sun and other cars to clear te snow. If i could have got the Scamp out of the garage then i would have stuck my nobblies on and used that.

-5deg for the next couple of nights, oh goodie How many inches did you get? Icon_twisted

Last edited by Mk3rob on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Doh)
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Mk3rob wrote:If i could have got the Scamp out of the garage then i would have stuck my nobblies on and used that.

Get it out now, ready for tomoz! How many inches did you get? Icon_cool

E. How many inches did you get? Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:40 pm

After the long wait we are in the process of our first real snowfall for years,can't wait to go out and play.Had an interesting ride home tonight in a Seat Arosa i.9 diesel with wide low profile tyres,great fun though!!! It did the skater's waltz once or twice and it must have recorded twice the milage that the car actually did because of wheel spin.And it passed it's MOT as well!!
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 am

We've had a fair bit on and off over the last week. Tuesday was a nightmare in terms of weather and work. First day back for our school kids but we had to turn most of them back home again, even the ones who had travelled miles and miles. We had cars well into double figures (15ish) stuck on the back lane and unable to move off the ice. 3 staff members with 4x4s ended up having to ferry staff and pupils from the train station at the bottom of the hill up to school. It was chaos.

Road to school is still bad so I parked at the bottom and walked up and back yesterday. It was far easier than trying to risk the ice. Although walking through farmer's fields and an old deer park in sheet ice, in the dark isn't to be recommended! Shocked

Monday could be equally as mad if the snow that's forecast actually arrives.

minislapper

Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Wezgit

Was there ever any doubt............or...............did you takeit to a different garage How many inches did you get? Icon_twisted
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Well, I had two days off too (and so did Tony - health and safety thought he shouldn't be driving around the country to put a shed up! How many inches did you get? Icon_biggrin I spent one day of it working at home on my laptop though. How many inches did you get? Icon_cry We were open on Friday. How many inches did you get? Icon_neutral

What I am amazed about is the number of abusive phone calls our office staff had to deal with! Most of them complaining that we had not let them (parents) know that we were OPEN on Friday! Is it me?!!!!! (

Our school is not called 'Peters Hill for no reason and the road up to school was a slope of sheer ice as there are only two houses up there and the school. We - the staff, were told NOT to try going up to the carpark - challenge if ever I heard one! How many inches did you get? 341549 Actually, it was no challenge at all. I was driving the Pajero and - what hill? what ice? Almost took the fun out of it! How many inches did you get? 566536

We had a lovely day on Friday - I only had 21 children in - more than most - but what a great class size! We got through so much!

Anyway - more snow forecast today but at the moment only very wet, melting as it touches the floor, stuff here. Even the couple of inches we have left is melting.
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:08 pm

There seems to be a lot of teachers / school staff getting abuse for the school not opening on different websites and forums. The parents seem to forget it isn't the teachers that choose to close a school; it's the LEA in conjunction with the Head. Or possible more to the point Health and Safety do gooders.

We all know that if a child injured themselves getting up or down that icy slope to the school you work at Lin the parents would be straight on the phone screaming as to why you opened in such treacherous conditions and the next call would be to one of the pond scum, ambulance chasing solicitors firms to find out how much money they might be entitled to.

You could always offer to ferry all the kids to and from the school in Taz and Daisy. Just a thought there to keep the thread Scamp orientated How many inches did you get? Icon_wink
SUMB
SUMB

Number of posts : 531
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!

http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm

There's a large percentage of parents that are more interested in the school acting as childminders than educators.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Actually, from a totally unprofessional viewpoint, I am pleased the school was closed - not because I had a day off, but because I am pleased that most children got the chance to go out there and play in the snow! Much more important than education! They don't get chance to do that very often so... By Friday, they were pretty well snowed out - so a quick adaptation of the curriculum, made the written work and maths problems snow based and - the children enjoyed themselves and covered some good work too.

As for Daisy and Taz - sadly Taz is still off the road - no engine and gear box in - for those able - look on facebook to see Tony working on Taz in comfort! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=902210&id=1346081720 How many inches did you get? Moz-screenshot-4How many inches did you get? Moz-screenshot-5
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 pm

SUMB wrote:
You could always offer to ferry all the kids to and from the school in Taz and Daisy. Just a thought there to keep the thread Scamp orientated How many inches did you get? Icon_wink

Well done Chaz, It's very important to keep all threads Scamp orientated. How many inches did you get? Icon_wink
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Back to top Go down

How many inches did you get? Empty RE: How many inches did you get ?

Post  GT3Rob Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Its "General", James, I was told you can have any old twaddle in it by someone thats a full time twaddling expert! Back to skool ?, "When i were a lad you had shorts and bloody cold it was too! if you fell over your knees had to toughen up ready for the next time. where we didnt cry off being too cold. let kids walk to school, What did our grand parents do? My bedroom when i was a kid had ice on the inside come winter time dont you know! too many bloody americans sueing everyone you cant do this you cant do that and too many namby pamby do gooders,That dont live in the real world. How many inches did you get? 28655 there im over it just took a chillpill. Mind how you go. 4x4 Rob.
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:04 am

When most of us was at school snow came in inches not metric, so we would only have 4 inches of snow and not a whopping 10cm..
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:03 am

They're probably all fishermen Rick

Every thing seems bigger in metric How many inches did you get? Icon_twisted
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 am

Our road is clear now (for the first time in weeks), and so are most of the surrounding country lanes.... BOOOOoooo! How many inches did you get? Icon_cry
We've really enjoyed our late night, and early morning rally drives in the snow How many inches did you get? Skidmarks and didn't want it to end. We ought to have asked some of you fellow Scampers to join us, but it was always spur of the moment, and silly o'clock! Although thinking about it, I'm guessing that you's were out doing pretty much the same?

Enjoy your weekend's
Elaine&Reg. How many inches did you get? Icon_biggrin
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:11 pm

My loop road off the estate main loop road is finally clear, with just slush at the sides where cars have been parked.

Now i'm just waiting for the temp to raise to stop the frost stat switching on the boiler. Mind you with the boiler kicking in and out gives a low background temp which is better than a blast twice a day.

Now i might be able to get into the garage and work on the scamp How many inches did you get? Icon_biggrin
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 pm

4x4 Rob wrote:Its "General", James, I was told you can have any old twaddle in it by someone thats a full time twaddling expert! Back to skool ?, "When i were a lad you had shorts and bloody cold it was too! if you fell over your knees had to toughen up ready for the next time. where we didnt cry off being too cold. let kids walk to school, What did our grand parents do? My bedroom when i was a kid had ice on the inside come winter time dont you know! too many bloody americans sueing everyone you cant do this you cant do that and too many namby pamby do gooders,That dont live in the real world. How many inches did you get? 28655 there im over it just took a chillpill. Mind how you go. 4x4 Rob.

You can call me General if you like. I prefer James, it's much more informal. How many inches did you get? Icon_wink
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Back to top Go down

How many inches did you get? Empty RE: How many inches did you get ?

Post  GT3Rob Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks, So long as im not expected to "Stand To Attention" How many inches did you get? Icon_redface When we meet!
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum