Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Scampers magazine

+2
Jono
Martin & Nettie
6 posters

Go down

Scampers magazine Empty Scampers magazine

Post  Martin & Nettie Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:20 pm

If your wondering where your Scampers magazine is - no one has sent any articles to Mr. Bridger so until you do there will be no magazine. There have been a couple of events - the Christmas dinner, the Turkey Run and various Scamps are being worked on which are being reported on this forum but the rest of the members would like to read it about it as well, so please get those articles off to Mr. Bridger asap bounce
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Scampers magazine Empty Re: Scampers magazine

Post  Jono Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 am

**hangs head in shame and mutters** "Nuffink on the Scamp...and can't remember much about the Christmas do...." Embarassed
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Jono you have been beetling on about diff locks and things, youv'e modded your Scamp and sold it and you have just attended a Classic Trials event - so you have nothing to write about Question
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 pm

In such cases why don't we do what Reg suggested a while back, and simply copy what has been written on this forum straight into the magazine?

Elaine. Wink
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Scampers magazine Empty Any body out there

Post  GT3Rob Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Now then given the fact that there is 50 members on this Forum why oh why are only say 15 showing any sign of comitment to what is what in this "Club" of ours? There be nowt in the mag cos we aint doing much.I tryed to make a sugestion to activities at Stourport but only got a few replies(thank you) what are the other 35 doing.(Rob, Elaine & Reg, Steve, Mac, Chris, Bob etc?. Youve got to have some sugestions towards a couple of ideas we could do to perk up the club and the enthusiasm Rolling Eyes .The other thing i forgot to say was an Autotest.Could i ask how much for a Hog Roast at stourport please??
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:22 pm

Two Articles sent to Mr Bridger last night - Goody Two Shoes Rolling Eyes Embarassed !
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:20 pm

Hello Fellow Scampers.
So how many members are going to write into the mag? I know that we had a good turn out at the Turkey run. There hasnt been much else happening this time of year, unless you been spraying Scamps orange, or building a go-kart down that way...Elaine said we should print whats been on this forum, but us lot of posh people with the internet, have read it allready.
Steve Ed cant do the mag unless we write in, so chats and chatess, pull your finger out and write in, I have.

Rick
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Last edited by RICK on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
RICK
RICK

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:25 pm

RICK wrote:Hello fellow Rob and other members, we tried to boost the club but there are quite a few members that havent got the time to do or interested in doing a new event .
RICK
RICK

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:59 am

RICK wrote:Elaine said we should print whats been on this forum, butus lot of posh people with the internet, have read it allready.

Rick

I really meant for the benefit of folks who aren't on here, especially those who haven't joined in the events to date, or recently. Maybe it would get them more involved with the club? Very Happy

4x4 Rob wrote:what are the other 35 doing.(Rob, Elaine & Reg, Steve, Mac, Chris, Bob etc?. Youve got to have some sugestions towards a couple of ideas we could do to perk up the club and the enthusiasm Rolling Eyes

Please excuse our lack of commitment towards suggesting new social events. We're both very busy people who also participate in other hobbies, etc........
I mean let's face it, we can't make most of the current events, so I very much doubt we'd be able to attend additional ones. Neutral

If you're absolutely stuck for suggestions, how about: Archery/shooting, karting, pony trekking, assault course, come visit my local pub, museum, zoo/safari park, canoing, River Cottage, Monastery (maybe we could go there after this year's pub do?), Featherdown Farms, basket/pottery/etc making, play football/cricket/rounders, paint balling, dancing. The list is endless! Basketball

We'd like to join in more, but work MUST come first paid, and voluntary
Elaine&Reg. Wink
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:35 am

Rob I have politely pointed out in the past that although there are 57 registered users on this forum not all are SOC members, I did ask people to complete their profile information so we know who we are talking to.

You went on the Turkey run, you came to the Christmas dinner, you have spent a small fortune on your Scamp 4x4 - surely thats enough to write about and let your fellow scampers know about your dealings with Kap Suzuki, was the bed was too hard at the Hotel or your wiring letting all the smoke out so you had to go home with the AA - perhaps we are all getting too lazy by using the internet - I keep reminding everyone there are over 70 members and if they came on here all they would see is moaning and whinging.

This year is the Scamps 40th birthday, James has started sorting Newark where we will have an area in the one of the Classic Car Halls and also a prominent plot is in the offing if we can put on a good showing, so get together at the Pub do and divvie out tasks for individuals to organize, stickers, flyers, t-shirts (maybe get some done via the link on our website).
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Rob Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks for that. Message received, At least it generated something. You spelt kap wrong it should have a "R" in it!!. The hotel was very nice but the bed was my own as jayne and myself opted out being only 20 mins to home.Could i suggest people take more pics whilst out and about, The Turkey Run didnt gennerate many but a Big Thanks to those that did, it shows the rest what they are missing when work doesnt intervene as it did with me on the Turkey Run Sad .Sorry,
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down