Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Newbie from North Wales saying hello & after scamp info

3 posters

Go down

Newbie from North Wales saying hello & after scamp info Empty Newbie from North Wales saying hello & after scamp info

Post  dom.c67 Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:10 am

Hello to everybody,
I'm the very proud, new owner of a mini scamp. I've been into minis since a young age, I've had about 5 in the past so when I saw this scamp I had to have it. I showed it to my other half and she loved it as well!! Bonus!! I was told by the bloke who sold it to me that it was a barn find and it was later restored in Brighton .He bought it and took it up to Peterborough in July of this year.
When I bought the scamp I asked if he knew if it had had an unleaded head put on it. Unfortunately he had no idea but said he had been running it on unleaded without any problems. I'm a bit worried that I might be putting the wrong petrol in it.
So I was wondering if anybody knew any history on this scamp that could help clear up my dilemma? The scamp is a blue mark 2 ( I think) reg EHO 733S. It also has a plate riveted by the grill with 448 on it.
I think I'm going to be on here quite often picking people's brains for info in the future.
Thanks
Dom

dom.c67

Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Aircraft fitter
Registration date : 2015-11-04

Back to top Go down

Newbie from North Wales saying hello & after scamp info Empty Re: Newbie from North Wales saying hello & after scamp info

Post  Steve G Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Hi, good to hear someone else has bought a Scamp.

The number on the plate might be the kit number. Sometimes these numbers were used as chassis numbers on the logbook.
If you want to get more information about the car then you can send off to the DVLA for the history and it will give details of the previous owners and might have some about the doner vehicle it was built from.
I sort of recognise the number but have looked at a lot of Scamp pictures online so not sure where, someone else might recognise it.

If it still has the doner cars engine it probably doesn't have an unleaded head. There is nothing to say someone has fitted one since though. To be safe you could put some additive in the petrol or just leave things and keep an eye on the valve clearances.

A few pictures would be interesting if you get the chance.

Steve G

Number of posts : 337
Job/hobbies : .
Registration date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Newbie from North Wales saying hello & after scamp info Empty Re: Newbie from North Wales saying hello & after scamp info

Post  dom.c67 Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi Steve, sorry not replied earlier but you know how it is over Christmas!! I thought it might be worth trying on here before going down the dvla route. I've looked at loads of scamp pics but no luck I think I'll use have to put additive in to be on the safe side then, until able to get a unleaded head for peace of mind. Been out today for a test drive after sorting clutch master & slave cylinder. All's good I'm glad to say. I will try and put some pics on if I can ( I'm not that computer savvy) I've tried once but it wouldn't do it.
Thanks

dom.c67

Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Aircraft fitter
Registration date : 2015-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve G Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:59 pm

I don't come on here much now but I am trying to gain a bit of enthusiasm to get on with mine again.

I use photobucket to put pictures on here but there is a Host an image button in the toolbar above. If you put the mouse pointer on it and click it will ask you to choose a file. Click that and it will take you to where all the files are on your computer so you can choose a picture. I haven't tried doing it that way though to be honest.

Things seem very quiet on here, I guess most people use the facebook page now unfortunately but I think adding pictures is a bit easier.

Steve G

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:43 am

The only info I've got in the database on this one is "e-Bay 07/15 after rebuild,Registered 10/77, chassis 00448, previously e-Bay 05/15 as a resto project". All information from e-Bay and probably nothing new there.

The first time you try to upload pictures, you'll need to register as a new user with service provider Servimg, so you may wish to have a password invented ready. Please don't use Facebook, we're not all signed up to it.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve G Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:26 am

If putting any pictures proves a real headache you could email some to me and I will put them on for you if it helps.

Steve G

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum