Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Lucy's Adventure

4 posters

Go down

Lucy's Adventure Empty Lucy's Adventure

Post  muttley Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:03 pm

As some of you are aware Lucy has been selected to attend the World Scout Jamboree 2011 in Sweden. clap

We are all delighted that she has this opportunity as we are big supporters of Scouting and Guiding, and the values they give young people.

A Jamboree is a unique experience which is only available to a limited few.
It involves international travel, camping, outdoor activities, and sharing experience with thousands of Scouts from many countries.

This Jamboree is centred in Sweden but they will also travel to other European Countries to meet up with other Jamboree Contingents over a 22 day period.

All of this is arranged and run by volunteers, but as you can appreciate there is considerable cost for international travel, equipment and food.

The Scouts that have been selected have to raise the funds themselves.

Unfortunately, the days of “Bob-a-Job” are a distant memory but a similar principle applies that they must put “effort in” to raise the money, or are sponsored in some way.

Anyway, enough of my waffling Lucy would like say a few words….

Dear Everyone,

Every four years, tens of thousands of Scouts, from every corner of the world, gather in a city for two weeks of activities and adventure!
In 2011 the world scout jamboree is in Sweden.

This is a fantastic event where up to 32,000 Scouts live and learn together. This is an amazing opportunity to interact and participate with others from different cultures and to build understanding across cultural and geographical boundaries. This is a World Scout Jamboree!

A World Scout Jamboree is aimed at 14 to 18 year olds. Scouts attend the event in national groups, called Contingents. There are 4,000 scouts going from the UK and from Warwickshire only 36 are allowed to go. I decided to send a 4 page application form in to see if I would get chosen for a selection day. After that I found out that about 120 Warwickshire scouts had applied. I got a letter back saying they would like me to attend a selection day. So I did. It was a long wait to see if I’d got in the Warwickshire contingent. Finally I got the letter it said… We are pleased to offer you a place in the Warwickshire contingent to go to the world scout jamboree in Sweden 2011.

I am really excited about this experience and during the spring & summer we started fund-raising for my place the cost is £1,800.

We have been bag packing, arranging race nights, car washing, tombola’s, cake selling, and sponsored events.

Our next Event is Climb Everest !

With the help of some theatre scenery we hope to recreate climbing Mount Everest. This will involve walking up steps then across and then down around 150 times to match the distance up to Mount Everest. This will take place in Nuneaton town centre on Saturday October 9th 2010.

I’d like to thank everyone who has sponsored me for this !

Thank you

Lucy

Lucy's Adventure Page00011
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Lucy's Adventure Empty Re: Lucy's Adventure

Post  muttley Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:03 pm

We had a big fund raising weekend last weekend. On the Saturday, we had the “Climb Everest” event and a Tombola Stall in the Town Centre, and on the Sunday the kids did Bag Packing at the local Morrison’s.

Due to limited space we had to scale down the “Climb Everest” structure……and if we’d have made it any bigger we’d have had Elf & Safety problems.

Anyway, we went ahead with a slightly reduced mountain…..but we made them go up, down and around a few more times…..in fact over 300 times each......so it was still quite an endurance !

Over the weekend we raised over £1400 as a group. This will be shared amongst the participants.
With this money and your personal sponsorship of Lucy, she will have raised over £270 pounds to help her on her way to Sweden !

Thank you for your sponsorship, donations, and good will. clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Dave, Alison, Lucy (& Mark)

muttley
muttley

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:35 pm

That's fantastic. Well done all. Good luck to Lucy getting the money together she needs for the trip Very Happy

minislapper

Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Now -bag packing - put in a few hours there myself! You gt everyone from those who take sharp intakes of breath every time you put something in the bag - to those who give you a fiver for putting 3 things in the bag(not many of those sadly!) lol!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:36 am

I remember talking to you about this ages ago.... How do we actually give, Dave? Is there a Just Giving page, or something similar set up?

Cheers,
Elaine&Reg. Very Happy
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 am

Yes Elaine you did.....and the intention was to set up a "just giving" page or similar.

However, the fund rasing is being done at a County Level, Group level, and individual level......which meant for some convoluted reasons Rolling Eyes ....a "just giving" page wasn't the right thing to do. Also, some people preferred to donate/sponsor Lucy as opposed to the whole (Scout)group or unit.

Lucy has done a number of events where she is sponsored and is the recipient of the money towards her Sweden fees (rather than going to the Group/Unit). This is in addition to the Group events such as bag packing, car washing, litter picking etc, where the proceeds are shared amongst the participants.

With quite a few sponsored events we tried not to ask for support from the same people time and time again.
We took the "Climb Everest" sponsorship form to Stanford Hall and one evening at James' when people were very generous after being cajoled by Leanne.

Sorry there isn't an easy "just giving" option, but if you'd like to contribute I'm sure we'll see you in the coming months.....alternatively drop me a pm.

Thanks

Dave

muttley
muttley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down