Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW?

2 posters

Go down

DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW? Empty DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW?

Post  wezgit daan saaf Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Well,I managed to get about at last on Sunday by putting snow chains on the Scamp,then parked it on the front as it all began to thaw. Wednesday morning was the day when I had a doctors appointment and Linda was having her stitches out,looked out out the window and.........you've guessed it more b...dy snow,good old chained up Scamp got us the 3-4 miles to the doctors no problem.Isn't it great when you can rely on a great British invention like a Scamp!!
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW? Empty RE: DID ANYONE GET ANYMORE SNOW ?

Post  GT3Rob Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi Best wishes to You &( Linda for a speedy recovery), Not to bad up here only about 4" at the most its more an ice problem, not much salt going anywhere. Bloody council the cant plan it a little sooner, we should be able to claim off them like you can with a pothole!!. DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW? Icon_mad Just a though with regards to the snow chains, i know the clue is in the title, but would they work on said scamps if you were in the deep do do, off roading? A question to you all ?. Cant run the 4x4 bearing gone on rear axle. only from bloody Suzuki!. The other one is having a slight refit so no fun there.....Just asked about some 145x12 knobblies to help me through when back on the road.it will have melted by then i guess. Cheers for the Mag.4x4 Rob.
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW? Empty Re: DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW?

Post  wezgit daan saaf Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Well,on 12" wheels they are like driving on a 50p piece if you are on tarmac, but when you come to the real snow they are brilliant,munching up the snow as if it wern't there,the only thing is the tarmac.They get overheated and wear out very quick on tarmac,also if you've got alloy wheels it'll destroy them,but if you get them tight enough they would,I would think,off road o.k. but you would need another set of wheels to do the tarmac bit to get you there. I did once have some studded snow tyres,once again,they were brilliant off road but wore out quickly on tarmac, in fact they gripped so good that when I came out of a bomb hole in the peak district at speed, they slammed on the ground then they gripped with the thing still in gear and ripped out one of the inner plunge joints.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW? Empty Re: DID ANYONE GET ANY MORE SNOW?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum