Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Turkey run, what a good turn out again

+5
Andrew Paterson
Mr Bridger
lin and tony
TRR Motorsport
RICK
9 posters

Go down

Turkey run, what a good turn out again Empty Turkey run, what a good turn out again

Post  RICK Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Hello Scampers, Just to say that I would like to thank Steve Ed for putting a few more green lanes on the Turkey run and everyone enjoyed themselves...
People that have photos please send them to Chris Yates so he can put them on the main website, now we have loads of space on it..

Thanks for the keen Scampers that made it a good event again.
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Turkey run, what a good turn out again Empty Re: Turkey run, what a good turn out again

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 pm

I heard a rumour of a Scamp clone joining in the action on the Turkey run. Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_wink
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Turkey run, what a good turn out again Empty Re: Turkey run, what a good turn out again

Post  lin and tony Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 pm

RICK wrote:Hello Scampers, Just to say that I would like to thank Steve Ed for putting a few more green lanes on the Turkey run and everyone enjoyed themselves...
People that have photos please send them to Chris Yates so he can put them on the main website, now we have loads of space on it..

Thanks for the keen Scampers that made it a good event again.

I would like to add a huge thank you to Rose for the wonderful breakfast Turkey run, what a good turn out again 20209 - again.

Photos have been sent. I tried to pick out those with Scamps in - sadly, they were outnumbered this time by those of us in heated cars with windows, doors and 4-wheel drive! (Sadly Taz is still under repair)
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Turkey run, what a good turn out again Empty Turkey Run.

Post  Mr Bridger Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:44 am

Well what a great day was had by most, only a couple of casualties.........

Adam had a head gasket failure and cut out the last lane out and went home.

Camp Freddie,(Mike Smith) had his front axle come lose ( he had been complaining of funny handling all morning) and had to be mended at the end on one of the lanes.

Rob complained (amongst other things) of lack of power from a thousand cc.

Fred had a sticking front caliper which slowed him a little.

The lunch at the pub in Cuckney was superb, the price had gone up from last year, but the food was hot and plentifull. I struggled to eat all mine, but some still had room for desert.

The route was just over 100 miles and I had to cut 7 lanes out because of the time, ( we were 20 minutes late for lunch). So lots of road miles in between.

Thanks to everybody who came and made it a special day.

Thanks to Fred for the breakfast and to Tasha for the map reading and working out all the short cuts we had to make................

See you all on the next green lane event, which I think is in Leicestershire......
Mr Bridger
Mr Bridger

Number of posts : 213
Job/hobbies : Coach at Currys. Kit cars, travelling, films,

http://ITALIANJOBTOURS.COM

Back to top Go down

Turkey run, what a good turn out again Empty Turkey Run

Post  Andrew Paterson Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:15 am

Hi too everyone who came on the Turkey Run.

I had a bumpy ride out in Steve's SJ leaning out the back taking photos and videos of the Scampers doing their thing.

Pity we had to cut short some of the lanes, because Steve,Fred, Wayne and I had been out the last two weekends sorting out some lanes to add onto the other we have used in the past.

We were a little late for lunch at Cuckney, but the dinner was worth waiting for (I enjoyed it so much I even had a pudding!).

The lane near Leverton had a big puddle in the middle and Rick managed to get stuck on three pieces of ice wedged underneath his sump guard! (thats the first time I have come across a Scamp getting stuck like that).

Adam got carried away playing in the woods just off the Ermine Way where he bellied out over the ridge and needed a couple of strong lads to lift his back end up to get him going again.

Thanks to everyone who ventured out and made it enjoyable days greenlaning.
Andrew Paterson
Andrew Paterson

Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Jobless, kit cars
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Turkey run, what a good turn out again Empty Turkey Run

Post  frederick wright Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:36 am

Just to add my bit.

Thanks to everybody for turning out and making it an enjoyable day.

Sorry about the problem at the start of Ermine Way, the main battery lead had pulled out of the terminal and caused the delay. The rest of the day went fine with only a sticking brake caliper to complain about.

The lunch was fine, had a bit of every meat on my plate, I had enough and did not need a pudding.

The lanes were fine, Steve had a difficult job knowing which ones to use and which ones to leave out.

We had spent the previous weekends sorting a route.

The Scamp support units ( Suzukis and Mitsubushi's ) had a great time keeping warm and comfortable.

Rick needed a tow once and 4x4 Rob got carried away playing in the snow and spun it 180 degrees on the road between green lanes.

The day went too quickly and we ended up down the same lane we did last year in the dark, which was still difficult and demanding.

Thanks again to all that made it a enjoyable day.
frederick wright
frederick wright

Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : Driving my scamp.
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Turkey run, what a good turn out again Empty Turkey Run.

Post  GT3Rob Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

It wouldnt be right if i didnt moan about something or other, Due to last minute preparation, or the lack of it i decided to try a (2WD) Scamp. A Mk3 LWB. Its been some years since ive owned a 1Ltr mini. When i were a youf thats all you had!. Was it the extra weight of the lwb chassis, i think it was! (Nothing to do with my diet honest Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_redface !. Well a blast up to newark with a blowing Exhaust to Fannimold coupling, grumble grumble. Oh what a car shame the last bloke denied it of antifreeze. Head off new gasket, water pump, bypass hose etc. Fresh mix of antifreeze and off i went, i think the heater must be full of crystalised slush as well! Still a long enjoyable day. The first part what a laugh, Yes even for me! 3 a breast up a bumpy grassy lane Great fun, save that for next time. Not being used to fwd in the snow and ice for some years i decided to pull on the handbreak for some opersite lock to lock fun. Knowing how Mr Edmonds would wet him self as i reproduced the famous deleated ice ring scene (from a film you all know oh so well) in my new found scamp Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_redface i unfortunatly ran out or off the road . The 180 fred, Thanks to Wayne for the helping shove only to be a smart arse and try a J turn which also failed, off the road again. Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_rolleyes In general a cracking day. Damn good fun was had by all, what ever the were driving. Thanks to Steve handing out the toffees, and for sorting out the toll gate. Great food at the pub. Watching Tony used his Pajero to bully Mikes tiny suzuki into letting him pass! Or was that just skill?. All in all a day to remember. looking forward to the next. Happy New Year to You All. - 4x4 Rob.
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Well Dolly, it sounds like you had a great day out. Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_wink

Happy New Year to you all.
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:53 am

4x4 Rob wrote: 3 a breast up a bumpy grassy lane Great fun, save that for next time.
Not being used to fwd in the snow and ice for some years i decided to pull on the handbreak for some opersite lock to lock fun. Knowing how Mr Edmonds would wet him self as i reproduced the famous deleated ice ring scene (from a film you all know oh so well) in my new found scamp Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_redface i unfortunatly ran out or off the road . The 180 fred, Thanks to Wayne for the helping shove only to be a smart arse and try a J turn which also failed, off the road again. Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_rolleyes
Watching Tony used his Pajero to bully Mikes tiny suzuki into letting him pass! Or was that just skill?. All in all a day to remember. looking forward to the next. Happy New Year to You All. - 4x4 Rob.

Hope you've looked at the pics on the main site Rob. I tried to capture the events but not so easy from a vehicle with doors and windows!-unfortunately the one with your nose off the road was not as clear as I had hoped!

It was good to see you in a real Scamp for a change!

As for Tony 'bullying' Mike Smith, he gave as good as he got! Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_twisted
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Turkey run, what a good turn out again Empty Chaz must have been in a car with doors and a heater!

Post  Martin & Nettie Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Turkey run, what a good turn out again TurkeyRun</A>
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:58 pm

I was in a car with a heater, unfortunately the fleece I had been wearing had got soaked with Cola when Colette accidentlly poured a cup of the stuff over me wuile driving.
SUMB
SUMB

Number of posts : 531
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Happy New Year matey Turkey run, what a good turn out again Icon_lol
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down