Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Important notice - your President is off to Dubai

+2
Regsmonster
Jono
6 posters

Go down

Important notice - your President is off to Dubai Empty Important notice - your President is off to Dubai

Post  Martin & Nettie Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:21 pm

Yes I'm off agan, its been ten years since I was in Saudi Arabia, I have always wondered what it would be like to work in the UAE. I left my last job at the end of April and have had loads of interviews and offered two jobs, one in Manchester and one in Dubai. After many discussions on the benefits of each and with Nettie's backing I have accepeted the job in Dubai, I fly out on Saturday night. Nettie will be taking my place at the picnic in Stourport and joining me for a week in October and I will be returning for the Christmas dinner in December. The job in Dubai is married status (so if all goes well we will be tying the knot, a good excuse for a p**s up don't you think so watch this space). I would like to continue as president for the time being but as I said at Newark anyone who wants to take it on next season they only have to raise their hand. I will be adding this to my President's Bits in the next issue of Scampers. Nettie and I have just got back from Tywyn, we decided to get away for a couple of days before I go, the Copple Clan were there, three generations of Worths, Chris Yates, the Scipios, the Stephen's family and the Coultard family. I will have to make a decision regarding my Scamp GT4x4, I know Chaz may be interested, I will be emailing him on his return from Mongolia, I also have a bare Suzuki SJ413 chassis on a SORN that needs a good home if anyone is interested.

Take care all, regards Martin.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Important notice - your President is off to Dubai Empty Re: Important notice - your President is off to Dubai

Post  Jono Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:31 pm

Congratulations..on both counts ! Very Happy
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Important notice - your President is off to Dubai Empty Re: Important notice - your President is off to Dubai

Post  Mk3rob Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:27 pm

I know you didnt really want the presidents job for another year but going to Dubai is just "going a bit to far" Twisted Evil

Congrats for the job and the other bit as well. Very Happy

Regards Rob
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Regsmonster Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:01 am

Well done Martin, and congrats. cheers
Regsmonster
Regsmonster

Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : I like to do things differently.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:05 pm

Well I'm here, its hot and humid, got a car today a Nissan Tida a what you say something like a Yaris, its manic on the road hope to get a Mitsubishi Lancer or similar in a couple of days, my office is next to the Porche showroom so maybe I'll put a deposit down on one, my apartment block has a rooftop pool and it faces the Mall of the Emirates which has an indoor ski slope yep its +40 outside but -3 inside, I was in the Apres bar tonight downing a lager (around 5 pound a pint but well worth it) which looks out onto the ski slope its sureal to watch people going up the 4 man chair lift in full ski gear and skiing down the hill only in Dubai.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Sounds like a hard life, but someones got to do it Very Happy
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:40 am

Wow. Congratulations on both counts. What's the new job? My company are busy building all over Dubai.

minislapper

Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:45 pm

Congratulations to you both, and Good Luck with the new job. cheers

Dave, Alison, Mark & Lucy.

PS: Marriage is the best thing that happend to me - So Alison tells me..... Rolling Eyes
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:22 am

New cars in the showroom under my office - Nissan GTR in white, Audi R8 in black and a Bentley Convertible in red, sadly won't be window shopping every day as we are moving to a new office tomorrow, apparently the rents in this area around the world tallest building are too high hence the move.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Important notice - your President is off to Dubai Empty Bling for your Scamp

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:15 pm

Thought I would try and upload some pictures, saw this in the car park this morning.

Important notice - your President is off to Dubai 18-08-08_0708
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down