Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

No presents please!

+2
TRR Motorsport
ZED
6 posters

Go down

No presents please! Empty No presents please!

Post  ZED Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:23 pm

My side of the family has operated a 'No Presents for Adults' policy for many years now, only the kids get gifts at Christmas. No presents please! Icon_cool But it has been quite hard getting this through to Reg's side, and even worse, FRIENDS! No presents please! Icon_rolleyes
Because (with no children of our own) we don't get any presents coming this way..... WE DON'T CARE!!! IF WE WANT OWT, WE GO OUT AND BUY IT OURSELVES, YOU TWONKS!!!! No presents please! Icon_mad No presents please! Icon_lol No presents please! Icon_lol No presents please! Icon_lol

But maybe the idea will become more popular now? CLICKY HERE

Christmas in our family is all about getting together, eating, drinking, and being merry, and long may it continue!
No presents please! 128683
Elaine&Reg.
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

No presents please! Empty Re: No presents please!

Post  TRR Motorsport Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:42 pm

MESS wrote:My side of the family has operated a 'No Presents for Adults' policy for many years now, only the kids get gifts at Christmas. No presents please! Icon_cool But it has been quite hard getting this through to Reg's side, and even worse, FRIENDS! No presents please! Icon_rolleyes
Because (with no children of our own) we don't get any presents coming this way..... WE DON'T CARE!!! IF WE WANT OWT, WE GO OUT AND BUY IT OURSELVES, YOU TWONKS!!!! No presents please! Icon_mad No presents please! Icon_lol No presents please! Icon_lol No presents please! Icon_lol

But maybe the idea will become more popular now? CLICKY HERE

Christmas in our family is all about getting together, eating, drinking, and being merry, and long may it continue!
No presents please! 128683
Elaine&Reg.

And there's me thinking you were just tight! No presents please! Icon_lol
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:02 pm

That's you crossed off our Fortnam and Masons Christmas hamper list then - talking about Christmas presents - I feel I am being discriminated by not having a WII or an X-Box or a PS3 - the young lads in the office said last week - wot you don't have a games console !!!! the pressue to get a the latest gadget is getting even beyond me now i.e. HD Ready or HD 1080p and Blueray etc etc we have decided to wait till next year to get Freeview HD - I have started to copy my collection of cassette tapes from 1972 to MP3 but it will take weeks if not months - lifes too short - humbug - Happy Christmas Tiny Tim No presents please! Icon_santa
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:06 pm

TRR Motorsport wrote:And there's me thinking you were just tight! No presents please! Icon_lol

I was going to say that cost doesn't come into it, but a quick count shows that we'd have to buy for 17 people, just from our immediate families! Even at only £20 each that's £340 No presents please! Icon_eek ....... I daren't even count for Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, etc! No presents please! Icon_lol

E. Wink
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Martin & Nettie wrote:I feel I am being discriminated by not having a WII or an X-Box or a PS3 - the young lads in the office said last week - wot you don't have a games console !!!!

Don't worry Martin, we haven't even got a microwave! No presents please! Icon_lol

For some reason folks are shocked by that,
E. No presents please! Confused
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Being one of six kids we stopped decades (yes i am old) ago. Even birthdays got stupid, i gave my twin brother (yes he's ugly as well) £5 and he gave it staight back to me.
As you say it soon mounts up. You walk around the shops for ages and finally get something that normally stays in their bottom drawer. If your struggling for money they are probably earning more than you.

What no microwave, i once cooked a meal (?) in a microwave and toaster (waffles).
Thats how i keep my svelte like figure No presents please! Icon_twisted
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Prezzies stopped in our house when you got to about 13-14yrs, and the couple of years before that you got your winter coat and shoes for Christmas. No presents please! Icon_santa LOL The greedy kids nowadays would be horrified at the very thought! No presents please! Icon_lol

We did have a microwave, but it rarely got used, so we gave it away a couple or three years ago! No presents please! Icon_biggrin

We still do birthdays. Well, I do...........my sisters always seem to completely forget mine! No presents please! Icon_rolleyes
E. No presents please! Icon_wink
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:57 pm

I suspect the whole meaning of Christmas is lost on most of today's kids. I bet the majority couldn't tell you what it's really all about.

Nobody will be getting much from us this year as we won't have any spare cash!

minislapper

Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:21 pm

We normally spend £30 each on our nieces & nephews, but even that adds up to £180 No presents please! Icon_eek I wouldn't mind, but none of them are religious! No presents please! Icon_rolleyes

Elaine. No presents please! Icon_wink

Last edited by MESS on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed not to none!)
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:50 am

Q. What do you give the man who has everything?
A. Penicillin.

My own family has long been blessed with contentedness, which however made choosing suitable presents a near impossible job. So we agreed to make donations to our pet charities instead.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum