Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

IMM,WHAT A WEEKEND.

2 posters

Go down

IMM,WHAT A WEEKEND. Empty IMM,WHAT A WEEKEND.

Post  wezgit daan saaf Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

John and I headed to the IMM Friday and thanks to the ingenuity of certain members of the SOC,we got into the field where we were to camp via the back door(figoratively speaking that is - don't ask it's a long story).The weekend was wall to wall sunshine and attended by 9 Scamps, on the club stand,and close to 6000 other Mini's attending from all over the world.The atmosphere was superb,evening entertainment on Sunday night was from Roy Wood(apart from Slade who else would they choose?)and he finished on "I wish it would be Christmas".On the Sunday night there was just John and I left and about 2000 other Mini owners so they arranged a farewell party,it was superb.We got talking to a lunatic Belgian with a Moke covered in multi coloured rope lights and a big lampshade donated by the Danes,Elvis was there(not sure what nationality),and Helma and Norman from Holland(more nutters).A good weekend,thanks to those who attended,and a special thanks to Rob for saving us a good pitch.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

IMM,WHAT A WEEKEND. Empty Re: IMM,WHAT A WEEKEND.

Post  lin and tony Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 pm

It was indeed. I did post on the other IMM thread - in 'Events' - on our return.
But just in case - a huge thank you to Chris for organising, Rob for all of his help in staking out he pitch and helping us to pitch our tent in the rain and Mike for the 'ride out' on Sat eve.
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down