Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Mk3 parts for sale or donation

+3
wheeliebin
m3prq
Steve
7 posters

Go down

rear seats - Mk3 parts for sale or donation Empty Mk3 parts for sale or donation

Post  Steve Thu May 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi there,

I have been a Scamp owner and member since 1994 ( membership no: 0495473 ), however, I have only made a few of the shows with the Scamp in that time, none since 2004 and only one offroad expedition which necessitated some repairs – well don’t they all!

It is with regret that my joining the forum is by way of a departure from Scamp ownership for me although I am a regular reader of the forum as it seems to be very light hearted and a way for those of us who don’t make it to shows to keep up with the news.

By way of ownership departure I mean that my attempts to refurb my Scamp MK3 SWB must come to an end. I have started with a ground up restoration so the underside has been cleaned off, hammerited and undersealed, with the interior being painted with an anti slip coating used on flatbeds.

I am hoping to sell the Scamp chassis but I suppose this may solve the problem of getting someone else to donate theirs for the BBQ for a nominal fee, although it may be quite flammable with all the paint and underseal.

It isn’t a rolling chassis so will need to be collected with a trailer or similar – there are also the doors, roof, bonnet, and canvas rear which I am hoping to sell separately if there are any takers.

Also available for sale;

1. the refurbished fuel tank – the under rear seat type

2. rear light clusters

3. headlights, indicators – mini type

4. bespoke extended rear radius arms for use with 13 inch wheels with unused coilovers ( I am aware of the debate over their unsuitability )

5. A new windscreen – laminated glass cut to size but not BS kite marked

I will be coming to Newark on the 21st so I will be able to speak with James or anyone else about any possible arrangements if need be and even bring some of the smaller items if there are any takers. I wont be doing the Flea-bay thing with any of the parts as they will only be of use to anyone who owns a Scamp or visits this forum.

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve

Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Cycling, Film
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

rear seats - Mk3 parts for sale or donation Empty Canvas rear

Post  m3prq Thu May 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Steve wrote: canvas rear which I am hoping to sell separately if there are any takers.Cheers,
Steve.

Hello Steve my Scamp mk3 gt swb canvas rear needs a new zip and has seen better days ..
my I ask what is yours like, condition wise.Ian

m3prq

Number of posts : 108
Job/hobbies : kitcars 1980 to date
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

rear seats - Mk3 parts for sale or donation Empty Re: Mk3 parts for sale or donation

Post  wheeliebin Thu May 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Tail lights would be nice. Are they OK?
wheeliebin
wheeliebin

Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : Minis, Old cars, trying to avoid getting more points.
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

rear seats - Mk3 parts for sale or donation Empty Re: Mk3 parts for sale or donation

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Fri May 15, 2009 7:49 am

If your Scamp has a V5 Steve, hopefully you will be able to find a buyer for the whole lot, prepared to take on the refurb.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Fri May 15, 2009 8:20 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your interest. Not sure how to select sections from replies so I will have to answer all in one go;

The tail lights are trailer oblong type and were in good working order when they were taken off.

The canvas rear is also in good order for its age with the obligatory fold marks where it has been dry stored.

No can do with the V5 and whole lot sale as I may have a buyer for the running gear which can be used as a complete donor with only a chassis change on the log book - subject to possible DVLA visit to check parts etc.

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bridger Sat May 16, 2009 7:21 am

Hi Steve,

I am very interested in the chassis, with or without the V5c,

Can you give me a price for chassis, doors and roof etc.

Have PM'd you with my contact details.

Regards

Mr Bridger.
Mr Bridger
Mr Bridger

Number of posts : 213
Job/hobbies : Coach at Currys. Kit cars, travelling, films,
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://ITALIANJOBTOURS.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Sat May 16, 2009 12:42 pm

The Currys sign is really camoflage tank , its really his garage Laughing
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bridger Sun May 17, 2009 2:22 pm

I wish.................
Mr Bridger
Mr Bridger

Number of posts : 213
Job/hobbies : Coach at Currys. Kit cars, travelling, films,

http://ITALIANJOBTOURS.COM

Back to top Go down

rear seats - Mk3 parts for sale or donation Empty . bespoke extended rear radius arms for use with 13 inch wheels with unused coilovers ( I am aware of the debate over their unsuitability )

Post  minibuger Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 pm

wot is the crack with them? was thinking about fitting them to my minibug so can fit big wheels on the back. Question Question Question Question
minibuger
minibuger

Number of posts : 90
Job/hobbies : CARS, CARS AND MORE CARS. GREASE MONKEY
Registration date : 2009-05-06

http://sites.google.com/site/stimsonminibug/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Thu May 21, 2009 11:12 pm

My Mk3 has extended rear radius arms on it with standard shockers and 13" wheels and i dont have any probs.

The main prob is what wheels you use and how close they run to the shockers. You can fit spacers, depending on the wheel stud length. Mini Spares say 10mm max otherwise you are putting extra strain on the wheel bearings.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Sat May 23, 2009 4:10 pm

wot is the crack with them? was thinking about fitting them to my minibug so can fit big wheels on the back.

I was using standard 13" Weller wheels and didn't have any clearance problems to the shockabsorbers as the drums were the 'spacer' type. I was also able to use standard 13" tyres rather than having to put on slightly more expensive low profile ones.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

Steve

Back to top Go down

rear seats - Mk3 parts for sale or donation Empty Wheels

Post  Mk3rob Mon May 25, 2009 8:42 pm

My prob was that Metro turbo wheels have the stud bolt holes on the very outer part of the wheel, rather than recessed towards the center, so the full width of the wheel has to fit further onto the hub. That was with the Cooper spacer drums. Mad
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down