» Mini at 60 pics
by Mk3rob Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:58 pm

» Mini 60 Oxford run
by Mk3rob Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Where is Huff ?

Go down

Where is Huff ? Empty Where is Huff ?

Post  GT3Rob on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:04 pm

Hello All, A few years ago i recall a Scamp Member with a silver and green Scamp mk3, Called Huff. i cant remember the chaps name but he very kindly gave me a lift i believe we were at Stoneleigh Kit Car Show. Does anyone know how/where he is please ?
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Where is Huff ? Empty Re: Where is Huff ?

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Kevin and Huff,what an interesting guy and what a Scamp,with everything out of the Harry Moss book of spares you could lay your hand on.I was told he had rejoined as a member so we might see him at Stoneleigh.Did you ever see his Kennel and his canvas caravan?
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1056
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Rose, Is he still a member? I know he broke his ancle several years ago and have not heard from him since. He's a lovely man and I'd be happy to contact him if I can have his details.
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Where is Huff ? Empty RE:Where is Huff ?

Post  GT3Rob on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Yes, What a genuine guy, i seem to recall one huge battery for a jcb or the like. The car has all manor of switches ,lights and fuses, Thanks for the help Chris & James. I for one look forward to meeting Kev again. I recall he had a CARANEX Tent on the rear of his scamp. Was it the Bristol area he was from? If anyone fancies a trip down if possible to see how he is that would be nice come the warmer weather? Could we combine this with a Southern KitCar show Chris? Take care, ttfn 4x4 Rob.
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Exeter and Maidstone are probably as far apart as Manchester and Hastings so I think it would take a while to get there.Maidstone is not a million miles from Canterbury,then you've got the Royal engineers museum and dockyard at Chatham,and Saaaaaaaaaf End in't too far away as well,Maidstone should be a good crack in the evening as the River medway runs straight through it.Don't be too dissapointed at our southern kit car show though,it is very small in comparison to Stoneleigh and Newark but,for me,it will be the first outing for the new miniscule caravan.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Rob on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Thanks for that Chris, Its about time we went South for a change, Hopefully this may generate the interest of others. Im sure you would like to see The club more in your neck of the woods, Than having to come the unteen hundred mile trip to the midlands every time. What do the rest of you think ? Can we squeeze this into the callender when its a little warmer. Put my name on the list. Where is Huff ? Icon_biggrin
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:47 am

Hi there, Kevin and Huff rejoined the Club last year. He was waiting for the rejoin entry form in the mag last year, sadly we didn't get a mag at the beginning of last year. So Chris could you print it in the next Scampers. We should do a event down south, there are plently of green lanes in Hampshire or go down, East Sussex way? if anyone one is interested?..Its a long way just for a weekend..
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Rick,is it just me,but has every event got to incorporate green laning?We used to have events where we visited places,organised treasure hunts,we even had a crazy golf tornament on the sea front once.I know for a fact the only green lane in Hastings has been totally destroyed by the 4x4 crowd,not even the farmers have access to their field down this lane anymore.I enjoy green laning like anyone else,but it seems that every event has got to incorporate a green lane or two.

Last edited by wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Another thing Rick,you seem to forget that the majority of events are over a weekend and we in the south travel to a great deal of them,normally north of Watford Gap!!
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:29 pm

wezgit daan saaf wrote:Rick,is it just me,but has every event got to incorporate green laning?....

Heretic ! Fetch the matches...there's gonna be a burnin' tonight!.... Where is Huff ? 449355
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Last edited by MESS on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:58 am; edited 3 times in total
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:37 pm

I'll get me coat!!!!!!!!!!!!
And harping back to the idea of a club for everyone,Kevin and Huff,does the shows,not the off roading,not to my knowledge anyway.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:49 pm

2 gearboxes,numerous supension and steering joints,2 racks,knackered water soaked wheel bearings,driveshafts ripped out,......bin there seen it done it.Still have a dabble but maybe not every weekend!! I'm dead arn't I!!!!!!!!!!!
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 pm

wezgit daan saaf wrote:I a club for everyone.....

Spot on... whether it's down'n dirty ...or show'n shine...or just chill...... that's what makes a "good club" in my not-so-humble opinion.. Where is Huff ? Icon_biggrin
Jono
Jono

Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Phew,I thought I was on my own ready to be hanged!!! Put the stocks away boys!!!!!!!!
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 pm

wezgit daan saaf wrote:Phew,I thought I was on my own ready to be hanged!!! Put the stocks away boys!!!!!!!!

No, no, no....we like a good burnin' in this neck of the woods... hanging is soooo yesterday Where is Huff ? Icon_biggrin
Jono
Jono

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:11 pm

And an udder thing Elaine!!!
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:15 pm

We're going off at a tangent here...... Where is Huff ? Icon_rolleyes ....I'm just as guilty.

Kevin and Huff were at my first "Scamp" Stoneleigh..........didn't he do the Quiz.......or have I got my wires crossed Where is Huff ? Icon_scratch

I'd really like to echo your (Chris's) thoughts on Scamping being a "broad church", accommodating different interest areas, etc.

Having not owned a Scamp quite as long as some, I want to do everything, but it not always possible, due to other commitments.

I'm here to have some fun !

Dave
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Thank Dave it's one of those things,I remeber in the days of Steve Taylor there was a green Mk1 with a murell on the bonnet,he turned up at the picnic and it was the best Mk1 there,then Steve turned round and said the trophies would only be given to those that did the off road picnic coarse................we never saw him again.I've learnt from that day that if our club is to survive then we have to take on board everyones idea of..........fun.
I can't remember how long Kevin has been with us,he just used to do the Stoneleigh show and the Christmas bash.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:17 pm

wezgit daan saaf wrote:bin there seen it done it.Still have a dabble but maybe not every weekend!!

I feel the same way Chris. Currently I really enjoy things like the mini/kit car shows and weekends away like the Birmingham Bash.
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:39 pm

Having done Mike & Wendy's bash the once,I want to do it again,it's a gooden.
Oh,I forgot to mention about the bits I've replaced through off roading...........the chassis,rotted from inside because it was full of water,first it was the cross rails then it was the main side frames,just fell apart.Ended up renewing the whole frame,worth it though.
I'll probably go out and wreck it again somtime,that's Scamping.Remember,AJB is a delecate 40 year old now,I don't know how many that is in Scamp years,probably 110!!
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  GT3Rob on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Blimey i only asked where Kev was! "A long way for a weekend", Its a weekend or just one day for Chris and John to get to most of the shows we attend. In my youf i and a few mates rode on motor cycles (BMW R100RS) down to Ramsgate, up through the boring bit above france (Sorry Chris) and into Holland to watch the Dutch TT in 4 days. We also used to do the North West 200 in Ireland that was a long weekend trip. Ive done Goodwood in a day. We might even get the pleasure of a trip round the M25- Where is Huff ? Kopfschuettel I know its difficult for those in the club long term as most have been there and got the Tee shirt. But there are the few newer ones that havent. Another place i would like to go is, over to Ireland again although its a little expensive.£5 per pint! Giants causeway, Bushmills Distillery, a proper Guiness! Where is Huff ? 221997 Soda bread !! A long way for a waste of time try 12,000 miles away and a 23 1/2 hours in cattle class...........?
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 pm

4x4 Rob wrote: ... rode on motor cycles (BMW R100RS) down to Ramsgate, up through the boring bit above france (Sorry Chris) and into Holland to watch the Dutch TT in 4 days. ..

Ya Girl! Saint Tropez....for a weekend.. Where is Huff ? Icon_biggrin
Jono
Jono

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Leicester pub meet for the day..................mmmmmmmmmmmmm........interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe,just maybe.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Go on Chris ....you know you want to ! Where is Huff ? Icon_bounce

We won't even mind if your not in your Scamp !

I'll buy your beer Where is Huff ? 221997

And I'm sure we can find room at our house if you need a place to sleep..........

Dave & Alison
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum