Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Mk1 on Ebay
by Mk3rob Yesterday at 2:59 pm

» Mk2 on Ebay ..... 3K
by Mk3rob Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:04 pm

» good looking Mk1 4K
by Rum Tum Tugger Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:20 am

» Mk1 (?) chassis + bits for sale
by Rum Tum Tugger Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:30 am

» Mk1 on Ebay
by Mk3rob Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:57 pm

» Another Mk1 project + engines
by Mk3rob Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:54 pm

» Mk1 on Ebay
by Mk3rob Tue May 26, 2020 2:41 pm

» Mk1 project on Ebay
by Mk3rob Sun May 24, 2020 11:50 am

» Black Mk2 on Ebay
by PostageScamp Thu May 14, 2020 3:32 pm

New fine for using mobile phones while driving - UAE

Go down

New fine for using mobile phones while driving - UAE Empty New fine for using mobile phones while driving - UAE

Post  Martin & Nettie on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:39 am

Email received today from my admin department.

Dear All,

Please be advised that effective today, the Dubai Police and RTA has come out with new regulations:-

“All drivers are advised to use hands free mobile phones while driving. Anyone caught using mobile phones whilst driving without hands free, shall be fined AED 5000 and the vehicle shall be impounded for 15 days ”.

Please inform your family and friends.

Safe driving!

At todays exchange rate thats 925 pounds - it costs 2000 AED a month to rent a car so thats another 1000 AED (185 quid) for the 15 days the car is impounded.

You don't see police cars that often so how many they will catch and how will they prove they were on the phone - not many I bet.

What I don't understand - they can afford very expensive cars but can't afford a 20 AED plug in kit or a 100 AED bluetooth earpiece!!!

The police also cruise the residential car parks under the tower blocks and fine people 1000 AED (180 quid) for parking on marked disable bays which are nearer the lifts - several people have been fined in my block.

I have had one fine so far 150 AED (27 quid) for parking on the road next to a construction site hoarding, the fine is paid by the car hire company and my company deducts it out of my monthly pay.

You can also see how many fines you have by going on line and typing the registration into the police computer or the terminals in the shopping malls. You have to register your car every year here in Dubai but if you have accumulated many fines and not paid them the car gets impounded for a month, a collegue had his BMW X5 impounded for a month when he went to renew the registration - he had to drive a small Nissan Tiida around - shame.

Its hotting up here its 30+ during the day and 25 at night - take care all sunny
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

New fine for using mobile phones while driving - UAE Empty Re: New fine for using mobile phones while driving - UAE

Post  Rum Tum Tugger on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 am

Chop their hands off! That'll larn 'em.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 981
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician

Back to top Go down

New fine for using mobile phones while driving - UAE Empty Re: New fine for using mobile phones while driving - UAE

Post  Martin & Nettie on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 am

Thats only for stealing BobNew fine for using mobile phones while driving - UAE Police-035
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down