Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

+10
TRR Motorsport
Nic-Nic
Rum Tum Tugger
Jono
wezgit daan saaf
wheeliebin
Martin & Nettie
Mk3rob
lin and tony
ZED
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

Post  TRR Motorsport Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:51 pm

wheeliebin wrote:Not that odd, I thought, but nobody seems to have them!
I put a thread on the forum but got no replies at all.
They are 165/ 70x10 M+S. The ones on it are Colways.
Any hints? Thats all it needs!

Yes they're the Rally Plus tyres with the reinforced sidewalls.

Do MiniSport have any left? They were £95 each casue Colway had to use new carcases though now they've gone bust!

It might be worth asking the HRCR boys as I know some of them rally Minis and have to run 10" wheels.
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday

Post  wheeliebin Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:30 am

Man alive! That would come out at £475 for 5 tyres...a bit more than the Scamp cost! Maybe I am best off getting some other wheels with road tyres for using on the road, and taking my S&Ms with me for "going on the rough"...
wheeliebin
wheeliebin

Number of posts : 68
Job/hobbies : Minis, Old cars, trying to avoid getting more points.
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Regsmonster Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:52 am

wheeliebin wrote:Man alive! That would come out at £475 for 5 tyres...a bit more than the Scamp cost! Maybe I am best off getting some other wheels with road tyres for using on the road, and taking my S&Ms with me for "going on the rough"...
Bob uses road tyres for off roading, doesn't get stuck too often. Cool
Regsmonster
Regsmonster

Number of posts : 433
Job/hobbies : I like to do things differently.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  wheeliebin Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Mind you, I have not tried offroading yet, so that is something to look forward to.
Road tyres it is then. Falkens look like they have a reasonably meaty tread.
wheeliebin
wheeliebin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:22 am

The only reason I use road tyres off-road is that they're the only ones I can get (and I don't feel like doing the chassis surgery needed to put 12" wheels on a Mk1). Not getting stuck is due to a combination of 70% of the weight on the front (driving) wheels, and having a fairly good idea by now of what I can get away with.

I did have Colways fitted many years ago, but I didn't then have a plenitude of spare wheels so they stayed on permanently, and the tread didn't seem to last very long. Maybe use on-road results in premature wear.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Empty From National Mini Owners Club website

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Dunlop Aquajet Mini Tyres
Vintage Tyres have recently introduced Dunlop Aquajet Mini tyres. After a tireless search for the moulds, and a great deal of research, they have managed to re-introduce these tyres, as original equipment to Mini Coopers and other derivatives. The 145SR10 Dunlop Aquajet was originally fitted to the Cooper in 1964, and was fitted to both the Cooper and Cooper S along with standard Mini derivatives. It is priced at £58 +VAT. The 165/70SR10 Dunlop Aquajet was originally fitted to the Cooper S in 1964, and is priced at £59 +VAT. They offer free carriage to most of the UK mainland

Contact www.vintagetyres.com / 01590 612261
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Empty From Mini Sport Ltd website

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:48 am

Nothing much to report other than we went to the Lotus meet yesterday, drank 1 x Dragon's Blood, and 2 x Fumble by the Brook. Got in home and the phone was ringing, it was James 'Are you coming up the pub?'
Now I'm not quite sure why, but between us* we ended up drinking cider, lager, Jack Daniels, cheeky vimto, blue lagoon, and BMW's. drinks_wine
*shared with straws us being me, Reg, James, and Colin

(Pregnant) Leanne had a moment, when she said in a rather raised voice 'What, I should take it up the arse?' just as the rest of the pub garden fell silent! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Oops The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Xxrotflmao

Somehow managed to make a curry when we got home (whilst drinking red wine, then onto the brandy) ate that, and then must have fell asleep on the sofa. Reg woke me up at 9.50pm (I thought it was around midnight) and we went bed.

Bright as a shiny button this morning, and we're spending the day on the MESS........ will report back later!
E&R. Smile
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Stuck at home,head down doing bits for the Mag and chasing those illusive IMM people, Grand Prix's looking good though!
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  wheeliebin Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Hoho, just took the Mk1 out for a rattle up the road....damned good fun, but I might have to get the seat runners unseized as the old "magic wand" gearstick is a bit inaccessible when you are strapped in! I think I need a louder exhaust as well....
wheeliebin
wheeliebin

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Do what I did,heat it up and bend it to meet you,unless you have a real pudding stirrer that come out of the bukhead to the left of the pedals,for those they used to do extensions,I remember I had 2 extensions on my first Mini until they both broke the top of the gear lever in the middle of London rush hour.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  wheeliebin Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Yup, its one of them! How could I possibly put a Mk1 Scamp together without a Mk1 speedo and a Magic Wand!
wheeliebin
wheeliebin

Back to top Go down

Post  wheeliebin Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:04 pm

I have solved the problem with not being able to reach the magic wand gear stick- take out the seatbelts....and away we go!
wheeliebin
wheeliebin

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Empty Mini show

Post  Mk3rob Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:51 pm

You might think that after two 5.30 alarms affraid on Thurs and Fri and then 6am on Sat I might have a lie in on Sunday.

Well i did.........up at 6.30 and on the road in the Scamp by 7.30

It was one of the Bristol Mini Shows at Blaise Castle off the M5 J17 Cribbs Causeway, and boy have they changed that juction since 1978 when they were just building the Asda and i was there putting fires out.

It was 100 miles down there and took 1hr 3/4, funny old thing it took more than 2hrs to get home, that was due to either going up hill or the usual congestion at the M5/M6 junction Question

The show was a bit of a let down due to the weather which on Friday the weatherman said was just going to be light showers but by the day his report had changed to heavy showers. But as the saying goes "you've got to be in it to enjoy it"

Well only 4 nights at work to get through then its the Scamp holiday bounce see you all there.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:21 pm

What a week!!!!!
Last weekend, while on our way to a beer festival, Tony spotted 3 baby squirrels sitting in the road. It was either stop, or run them over, so he stopped. I got out and went towards them expecting them to run away from me onto the bank of grass. They sat there! I bent down and picked each one up in turn - they let me! I took them over to a tree and put them on the trunk expecting them to run up - they ran down and back to me! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Alien Now what..... The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_scratch
Anyway, long story short, we now have two (sadly one died during the night last week) squirrels that have to be bottle fed. Nic has been looking after them of course but now she has gone, I guess it's down to me! Unfortunately they have had to be separated as the girl has done some nasty damage. (apparently suckling from her brother!!!! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_silent - I'll leave that to your imagination but we have to rub cream on it cos it is swollen and sore. Apparently it a common thing) The remaining girl is doing very well but her brother is suffering. We will have to see what happens. So, several nights up to do a night feed with Nic - thought my time of that was over!) and early mornings to give us time to feed them and we were shattered but this weekend was going to be a busy one.

Tony was working on Saturday (Very unusual) Finishing touches to a show display at the NEC, so I went with him to be nosy! An early start for a Saturday at 7am. Got back at 5pm -

Sunday, Nic off to uni. 180 miles each way.

Well, the four of us set off for Penrith at 7.30 this morning - Nic still protesting that she didn't want to go! Dawn and I went in the car with Nic - She drove and Tony went on his own in the van. A very pleasant drive up the M6, stopped twice and arrived at the university at 11am. It was the lake district and the sun was shining!!!!!! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_sunny I have to say, the campus was in a wonderful spot, about a mile from Penrith, in a lovely quiet spot. Looked perfect for Nic - real welly country! Her accommodation is right opposite the equestrian centre on campus. Her house mates seem very friendly and the accommodation clean and pleasant. She has been out to the student union bar with her house mates and played some daft games designed to help them mix and mingle. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 397879

The three of us set off for home at 2.30 and arrived home (no comfort breaks this time) - seemingly having sat in a 160- mile traffic jam at 6.30pm.

I need a holiday!!!!!!!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 am

lin and tony wrote:What a week!!!!!
Last weekend, while on our way to a beer festival, Tony spotted 3 baby squirrels sitting in the road. It was either stop, or run them over, so he stopped. I got out and went towards them expecting them to run away from me onto the bank of grass. They sat there! I bent down and picked each one up in turn - they let me! I took them over to a tree and put them on the trunk expecting them to run up - they ran down and back to me! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Alien Now what..... The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_scratch
Anyway, long story short, we now have two (sadly one died during the night last week) squirrels that have to be bottle fed. Nic has been looking after them of course but now she has gone, I guess it's down to me! Unfortunately they have had to be separated as the girl has done some nasty damage. (apparently suckling from her brother!!!! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_silent - I'll leave that to your imagination but we have to rub cream on it cos it is swollen and sore. Apparently it a common thing) The remaining girl is doing very well but her brother is suffering. We will have to see what happens. So, several nights up to do a night feed with Nic - thought my time of that was over!) and early mornings to give us time to feed them and we were shattered but this weekend was going to be a busy one.

Are you planning on keeping them (if they survive)? Because it's illegal to release squirrels (I'm presuming they're grey) back into the wild..........

Enjoy your new pest, I mean pets,
Elaine. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_lol
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Empty Yeah..Iknow it's Monday...

Post  Jono Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:10 am

..but....... The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Well, what a weekend…..Summer is here at last. Had planned to work on the roof at home turning these
….

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 100_0492Small

Into something that looked more like this.. ignore temporary fasteners, it’s just a mock-up to finalise design……

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Copyof16092009001Small

However nothing is a straight forward as that is it? The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_sad

I was intending to finish one on Saturday and a bit on Sunday then off to the Stafford kit-car show. Unfortunately, Saturday was a bugger of a day and progress was painfully slow. By evening I had only just got one side sorted so phoned up to let Dave know I wouldn’t be making it to Stafford.
When you’re having a shitty time of it, it’s the simple things that brighten up your day. Dave offered to sacrifice his Sunday and come and give me a hand. As it turns out, I had reached the stage where, as the job was really at the suck-it-and-see stage I could cope on my own with Jo coming along later to hand tools up and more crucially..keep me supplied with Tea. The offer itself was just the boost I needed to get up at the crack of dawn and carry on……. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
…then, as in life, things turned to Poo…. Alarm going off at work and the key holders away making the best of the sunshine, meant I had to go into Oldbury and baby sit whilst the alarm engineer did his bit…never mind, It is coming together and…more importantly… I feel motivated…

Roll on next weekend……. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_lol Cheers, Jono ( A wannabe Roofer)
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 pm

I was in stitches reading Lin's post about the Squirrels, Priceless!

Mind you, it has made me realise one thing. If and when I'm reincarnated I most certainly don't want to come back as a male Squirrel! Party time's don't sound much like fun to me! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Affraid
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:53 pm

TRR Motorsport wrote:
Mind you, it has made me realise one thing. If and when I'm reincarnated I most certainly don't want to come back as a male Squirrel! Party time's don't sound much like fun to me! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Affraid

Especially not in our garden. Wink

ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Reminds me of nights on the airfield.

Take one Landrover, take the top off, 2 up in the back, air rifles, rabbits and headlights..........................."Bang"

Well they were "mixied".
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:07 pm

MESS wrote:

Are you planning on keeping them (if they survive)? Because it's illegal to release squirrels (I'm presuming they're grey) back into the wild..........

Enjoy your new pest, I mean pets,

We know - believe it or not we have fostered squirrel kits before. We raised 1 to adulthood but he escaped when trying to feed him in the Spring. The 1 - (yes only one left now. The little lad didn't make it) will probably end up as a pet. I know they are pests - but they are incredibly cute.
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 am

They are incredibly cute
so long as the fleas have been removed...
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:41 am

lin and tony wrote:
We know - believe it or not we have fostered squirrel kits before. We raised 1 to adulthood but he escaped when trying to feed him in the Spring. The 1 - (yes only one left now. The little lad didn't make it) will probably end up as a pet. I know they are pests - but they are incredibly cute.

Aaah yes, if they escape there's no prosecution to face.

But cute? They're nothing more than tree rats....... they take birds eggs, and the noise is horrific when they play tug of war with chicks that they've stolen from nests.
And you obviously haven't had them invade your loft, chewing everything in sight. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_wink

Elaine, tufty terminator! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_lol
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:01 am

MESS wrote:

But cute? They're nothing more than tree rats....... they take birds eggs, and the noise is horrific when they play tug of war with chicks that they've stolen from nests.
And you obviously haven't had them invade your loft, chewing everything in sight. The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_wink

Elaine, tufty terminator! The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_lol

Yup, I’ve heard them. Yup, I’ve seen them decimate nests. Yup I’ve had ‘em in the loft, big style….but… I still think they’re cute. In fact I prefer ‘em to Cats anyday……here’s a snap of one of my "residents"….

Jono (Big Softy) The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 Icon_redface

The Sunday Thread - Only post on a Sunday - Page 3 NextdoorSmall
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next