Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Nomad for Sale

Go down

Nomad for Sale Empty Nomad for Sale

Post  Gray Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:01 am

Let me introduce you to your next project - A Foers Nomad !

Nomad for Sale Photo3

What is a Foers Nomad?
It's a 1960's Mini based kit car designed and built by Foers Engineering who went on to build the Ibex 4x4 kit car which was more of a success.  The Nomad was a limited run with only about 250 cars produced in various forms from open top to saloon to a six wheel version so your next project is rare!

What's is built from:
Its a solid steel chassis with aluminium panels and this one has a Series 1 Land Rover fibreglass roof.  This one has a standard mini rear subframe and a Metro front subframe with 12 inch wheels, 8.4 inch brake disks, 4 pot Metro front calipers and a 1275 metro engine.  The inside also features a Metro dash.

What have you done with it:
The first thing I did when I got the car was to get it running which I managed so I know the engine runs fine and everything worked.  I then started by removing the rear subframe and fuel tank.  I found the fuel tank was corroded beyond repair so after lots of investigations I found out it came from a Morris Ital (Marina)!  After lots more searching I finally located a replacement which will come with the car but has not been fitted.  I then began cleaning up the rear subframe and the body at the rear but had to temporarily replace the subframe to make the car movable when we last moved house.  I have also recently removed the cylinder head from the engine and removed the engine itself ready for a rebuild but this can be dropped back in to aid transportation if required.

What does the car require:
It basically just needs stripping down, cleaning up and then rebuilding replacing various parts as required.

Whats it like to drive:
As it's a very solid shell with solid mounted subframes then I think it will handle very well.  The side and rear doors can also be lifted off and so would be great for cruising around in the summer!

What does the logbook say:
It says registered in 1968 (free tax) and is registered as a Nomad Special.

Where is it:
Derbyshire

How much?
All yours for £750 !

More pictures of the car now and before can be seen in the link below.

https://smg.photobucket.com/user/Grayedout/slideshow/OOG

Gray

Number of posts : 65
Job/hobbies : Engineer / Mini's and motorsport
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down