Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion

3 posters

Go down

As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion Empty As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion

Post  landrover Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Hello all i must first appologise i have neve seen in person a mini scamp or an rtv. I am i a friend of Mr Robert Mandry the inventor of the mini scamp and the RTV. I and asking for you help. I would love to help roberts wife compile a collection of photos and advertising literature about the mini scamp and the RTV i can not offer any thing in return, other than the fact that i will pass on to him any information you ask me to. I cant promis he will read it he is still very bisy welding up bits of rubbish in his barn taking scrap and making it into usfu things paying little regard to cosmetics the same as the scamp and the rtv very practicle but ugly as a toad.
Arran Taylor
Arran_taylor@hotmail.com

landrover

Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : things with my hands
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Back to top Go down

As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion Empty Re: As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion

Post  ZED Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Where's Robert living nowadays?
Still busy in the barn! Ruddy Nora, he must be cracking on a bit now?

Elaine. Very Happy
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion Empty Re: As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion

Post  landrover Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:53 pm

well hes only late sixteys and he is on the ball fit as a fiddel hope i will be so good at his age and what a mind what storys very interesting and intelegent guy a real honer to spend time with him and zoe any way sorry cant tell you where he is currently living but hes still in england if that helps. I would love to try and will try and get him along to a meet some time so he can show me around a scamp what you think? any way any questions you want me to ask him feel free to post Arran i will see him again on thursday this week

landrover

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 pm

I answer your call because I have in my posession Roberts 3rd Mk1 demonstrator,I also have all sorts of bumf associate with my scamp. I remember those heady days at Ottershaw with the line up of RTV'S ready to go out,I also remember seeing the RTV on Tomorrow's World. He also had a project on the go making tipping trailors using the Bedford Rascal pick-up body, and if my memory serves me rightly,a gadget to spool barbed wire.We did have contact with another person who said Robert had a farm in Wiltshire and a residence still at Ottershaw,it would be good to see him again,I know that Steve Taylor(one of the Scamp Owner's Club presidents)did keep in contact with him for a while. Next February will be the 40th anniversary of a double page spread in Custom Car Magazine of my Scamp sitting outside a Church we believe to be in Ottershaw,it would be good to recreate that same picture again.Keep in touch,if he still has a farm then perhaps he might like to meet up with the SOC again?Below is one of those memorable pictures from the early picnic site.As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion Scampi12
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

As a friend of mr Robert Mandry i ask for your help and attencion Empty thanks for the great photo

Post  landrover Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:12 pm

just like to say thanks for the great photo of the flying scamp thanks is there any chance you could scan any of the scamp literature you have it would be great ooo and robert does have a farm in wiltshire

landrover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down