» Hello and looking to buy
by 77 SCAMP Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 pm

» Twinnie is back
by Mk3rob Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:02 pm

» (Almost) Free air Car
by Rum Tum Tugger Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 am

» Mk3 project darn sarf
by Mk3rob Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:40 pm

» 1970 GRANTURAYAK Mini based kit car ( SCAMP ) ?????????
by Rum Tum Tugger Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:56 am

» mk2 scamp tub on ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 am

» Scamp MK1 Austin America history
by Rum Tum Tugger Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:44 am

PRINTING WOES

Go down

PRINTING WOES Empty PRINTING WOES

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:55 am

Well,after much deliberation,the club lashed out on a new Samsung colour laser printer and that was going to be the end of our printing troubles.I'm afraid not,the first one went back after printing about 13 magazines,the second one packed up after printing proberbly about 15 magazines.So I followed the instructions and cleaned it as it said and then managed to print about another 5 before going through the same process.For the picnic I had managed to print off about 50 magazines all varying in colour quality,so,as I had this Saturday off(help desk is only available weekdays and Saturday mornings),I wrang the help desk.It would appear that the starter cartridges run out without prewarning(still showing just under 1/4 full)and that I can only print 200 pages(about 6 magazines)and then I have to leave the machine 1/4 of an hour to allow the machine to cool down.So bear with me folks,they are coming.

tumbleweed tumbleweed whistle
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

PRINTING WOES Empty Re: PRINTING WOES

Post  Martin & Nettie on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm

I thought many members had taken up the option of receiving their mag by email thus saving on clubs funds and your time and stress (not to mention the rain forests and your carbon footprint going back and forth to Argos/Currys) Laughing
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:55 pm

No,only the few want them by email,they will be coming out tonight all being well. 77 printed Scampers magazines just finished.....phew! The most ever as membership has rocketed again this year. Printer now behaving o.k. so long as you know it's quirks, don't know if it is going to be that economic though, I had to get anothor black toner to finish the last 12 mags. Going to make enquiries to see if the toner cartridges can be refilled, that might be the cheaper option and as I now have a spare set of cartridges it might be the way forward.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:04 pm

So much for progress Chris - still hope everyone appreciates alll your hard work Laughing
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down