Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

STOURPORT

+7
wezgit daan saaf
muttley
ZED
nhazelwood
Jono
lin and tony
RICK
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

STOURPORT - Page 2 Empty Re: STOURPORT

Post  ZED Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 am

Adam sounds excellent, would he be up for doing the Audi Turbo (rear) engine conversion on Reg's Monster Scamp? If so, please show him the way to our garage! Laughing Laughing Wink

Elaine. Very Happy
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nhazelwood Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:13 pm

I whole heartedly agree with Lin.
Adam seemed to be helping out everywhere. clap

Cheers Adam.

Also can I say a big thank you to everyone who voted for Walle.
Its good to know that other people appreciate the work I've tried to do.

Cheers
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Number of posts : 259
Job/hobbies : Design Engineer, Insomniac, General Bodger
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Woodstock Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Here here for voting Adam 'unsung hero of the year' as he along, with others, helped Colin with that engine change in the field. A big thank you to all that did help out.

I must say though, that for me there is a close second, and that is Tony Scipio. Without him lending us his dolly (I mean trailer, not toy!) then Woodstock would not have got to Stourport at all. It was then Tony that went back home to get a spare engine for Colin to use and then helped out with the transplant. His endless help throughout the year has been very generous. Thank you Tony.

This is something that I have noticed about the Scamp Owners Club, the generosity of members, willing to help out and share knowledge. Without this, we would have been in even more messes than we have been (and thats a lot!!). Colin was so pleased that he had the opportunity to return the favour to a few members at Stourport when they needed bits and pieces. It is this 'commaradary' that often keeps us going - long may it last !!
Woodstock
Woodstock

Number of posts : 107
Job/hobbies : Having fun !!!
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:32 am

Thanks Deb - but we have to add that without the generosity of three other club members, Tony would not have been able to help. The spare engine was given to us by Neil (Walle), the gear selector came from Mike (and we believe it had previously come from somewhere else within the club) and the engine hoist has been on long term loan from Jono for many engine and gear box replacements on Taz so, yet three more examples of the camaraderie in the club! Laughing We were in position to offer the parts and tools because, on this ccasion, we were local.

That is what being in an owners club is all about. Everyone helps everyone if they can.
Hug
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 am

Shall I pass round the sick bucket now? lol!
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Our envolvement in the club has declined and we have not attended any events this year (apart from the Christmas dinner). We have concentrated on getting the house and garden sorted and trying to keep fit by attending MAS (Mountain Activity Section) of the Camping & Caravan Club meetings when not doing the garden. But I would just like to add that in the 16 years or so that I have been in SOC there has always been members willing to donate parts, lend tools and their knowledge - I remember at Telford picnics an engine was taken out with aid of two stout blokes and a length of 4 x 4, in Wales at Pall Mall campsite an engine was removed fixed and put back in with help of the site owners JCB. Members come and go over the years but its the spirit of the club that goes on and surfaces in new members - may it long continue - pass the sick bucket vomit
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  RICK Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Like everyone has said on this post. We have good members in the club helping out and in my time from joining the club I haven't heard of anything go missing so not only have we got helpful members we also have had honest members. I am proud to be your President of the Club. I think that we have got about 100 or so members now, so that must be a good sign.
I would also want to thank Colin and Tony for the help in fixing my Scamp at the Picnic. Plus all the members that turned up and helped out...
Back to you Martin if you see walking across the mountain, we give you a lift, as we might get to a muddy bit and will need a push, as you are healthy, fit and strong now !!!!!!!!

Take care Rick.
RICK
RICK

Number of posts : 232
Job/hobbies : Green laning
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Martin & Nettie wrote:I would just like to add that in the 16 years or so that I have been in SOC there has always been members willing to donate parts, lend tools and their knowledge

Reg thinks it's a bit longer than that.... He came to his first SOC event in 1994, and he's sure you'd been around for quite a while before Question

I didn't come onto the scene until 2002, so have absolutely no idea!
Elaine. Laughing
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:19 pm

I said it was 16 years or so - checking my membership card it says 0790370 so its 20 years - doesn't time fly tumbleweed
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:43 pm

Martin & Nettie wrote:I said it was 16 years or so - checking my membership card it says 0790370 so its 20 years - doesn't time fly tumbleweed

He'll love being right, so I shalln't tell him! Laughing Wink

E. pirat
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2