Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Are Range Rover good offroad?

4 posters

Go down

Are Range Rover good offroad? Empty Are Range Rover good offroad?

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Are Range Rover good offroad? Empty Re: Are Range Rover good offroad?

Post  nhazelwood Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Hehe,

Take a very good offroad car, add some low profile road tyres & a chav.......what do you get ? probably learned to drive on Grand Theft Auto.

No wonder Landrover fit "offroad" tyres to their demonstrators.

Replace the numptie behind the wheel & put proper tyres on & there's no sainsburys carpark you can't navigate...

2 wheel drive off road is more fun.

Neil
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Number of posts : 259
Job/hobbies : Design Engineer, Insomniac, General Bodger
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Are Range Rover good offroad? Empty pointless 4x4s

Post  Nic-Nic Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 am

jersey doesnt seem to understand the concepts of gritting roads, so the day after it snowed- the roads were pure ice. My poor proton is now missing the lens 4 his indicator- some verry clever lady pulled out round a police no entry sign wen i was next to it (I was coming from the direction you are allowed to travel) so my baby tapped a wall - as even though i was going slow (On the cluch still) he just skidded- will buy some duct tape today- scamp style fix!

Whilst on the way to work after picking up a friend, we got to a corner, and watched 6!!! 4x4s (coming from the oposite direction) smash in to a wall- they seemed to think that the 4 wheel drive would save them on a road that had a caliber pointing in to a wall, and going round a corner. Need-less to say, we parked my car up, and so did the girl behind.

One lady in a Lexas 4 x 4 , who we had waved at to stop decided she could get through, and consequently smacked it in to the wall- we did try and warn her. Scaringly,... her way of trying to get past, was to face the front wheels towards my car, rev the engine, spin the wheels, jump forewards- towards my drivers door, then smack back into the wall. on the other side, cuz the vehicle couldnt get traction
We also took great amusement in a guy in a merc smacking in to the wall as he tried to corner- going stupidly fast.

There must have been thousands worth of damage to some of these vehicles.

I had managed to get around that corner earlier that morning- but that was before the snow was quite so badly compacted, and i went dead slow, with a wheel up on to the dirt verge - - - whick the 4x4s just destroyed.

(the only 4x4 to get round there was a brand new landy- and that was a close call. )
A mk1 landy was the 1st vehicle we watched trying it- and after watching him bounce on and of the wall, we decided not to try it... the guy driving it kept trying. his wife was in the passenger seat- obviously giving him a telling of 4 even trying, and 2 kids were in the back seat- absolutely loving it- with the bouncing around and nearly tipping the landy.

I will just state- the last car to get round the corner and across that bit of road un-scaved, was ...
a classic mini- it got round the corner, and along the road after it much more steadily and at a higher speed than ne of the other vehicles----
lesson learned--- old minis beat everything!!!!!!!!

Nic, Daisy, and Chris
x
Nic-Nic
Nic-Nic

Number of posts : 116
Location : Here, then over there, and now all the way up here!!!
Job/hobbies : Scamping!
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jolly Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Thats the problem with 4x4. people think they make you invincible in any road conditions. only good for a bit of ground clearance in the snow. its still only 4 tyres in contact with the ground and 4x4 only helps when your getting the power down, not standing on the brakes like most people do when they panic and skid.
jolly
jolly

Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : off road
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down