Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Mk1 Front Rubber Cone Change

Go down

Mk1 Front Rubber Cone Change Empty Mk1 Front Rubber Cone Change

Post  maximk1 Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi
I guess when I built my scamp 45 years ago I didnt really think about maintenance later.
Many must have changed Cones on a Mk1 but I am having problems - could anyone help.

Firstly I had an old basic cone compressor so after removing bonnet discovered it was going no where near the hole between the 2 bolts on the front subframe tower. Removed the wiper mounting panel and then found the sloping wing covers still stopped the compressor from being above the hole. Cut out part of the rain gutter/ upper mudguard and now access possible.
However the hole in the square steel chassis mounting is too small for cone compressor dont wanting to flatten threads.
At this stage I thought time to ask the experts should I buy a long 1/2in HSS drill and open up the hole in chassis mounting or am I completely missing the correct way to remove cones.
I have borrowed a stronger SP compressor which also doesnt go through chassis subframe mount but might need more bodywork mods to use. Also the mount plate on that has no holes suggesting I need to take out subframe bolts unless I am allowed to drill the base plate.
Any advice and corrections please
Thanks Michael

maximk1

Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Sculptor
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down