Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

jersey car club

Go down

jersey car club Empty jersey car club

Post  Nic-Nic Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:59 pm

http://www.jerseymotorsport.com/

last year they held a rally- was pretty amazing- part of it came past our lane to the house.
Didnt get to watch much of it, cuz they closed of the roads near us, so couldnt take car to a more interesting bit of the rally, and we had planned to go out in the evenin - which is when the rally was near us. lots of MK1 Escourts- i want one!!!
On our way back in in the evening- bout 11pm- we had to cross track to get home, (even though the paper said that the road would b closed from 10am- 3pm- think the days got muddled up- as 2 parts on different days were in Trinity) and the marshal said go now- just as we got over road, we heard on the loud speaker- here comes the METRO!- looked round to c a flash and a roar- bye metro- never seene 1 go like that. I thought they were only donor cars- and came out the factory as rust buckets!

My poor car had to stay at the zoo over night- cuz aulthough the road was meant to open at about 11.15 (said one of the marshals), wen we went out to c if we could fetch car, they werent planning to open the road netime soon- rally still going strong. As loads of ppl were parking at the zoo to watch, the zoo had ppl out getting donations- they got some out of us- cheaky sods- i work there voluntarily- i believe thats saving them 15grand a year- lol. We did manage however to ignore the rest of the rally and go to sleep- to the soothing sounds of over-reving poor iccle cars. Zazzo did get excited on the was to Gorey- he had to wait in a queue with the rally cars to get along a lane.

The event was amazingly organised- the whole island was basically shut down at some point or another, and they had crews to sort out the cars- whilst driving along the beach road on the East of the island towards St. Hellier, we saw the rally cars pulling in to a car park that was all set up with tents, and lorries to get the cars serviced and washed for the next day.

Considering it is such a small club- the turn-out was amazing, and quite diverse in the way of cars- Evo- yay, Mini- Yay, MK1 and Mk2 Escourts- yay. Impretsa- yak!

To top it of, there was a cououring competition in the news paper for it- so Chris and I coloured to car pink and purple- so pretty!

Just an insight in to the car club over here- was thinkin of joining, but Daisy isnt over here, so bit pointless--- wouldnt be able to join in any of the fun.
Happy new year everyone, hope its a good 1/
(sorry bout the appauling spelling in this post.)

Chris, Daisy, Zazzo, and Nic
x
Nic-Nic
Nic-Nic

Number of posts : 116
Location : Here, then over there, and now all the way up here!!!
Job/hobbies : Scamping!
Registration date : 2008-05-18

Back to top Go down