» Insurance Issues
by John Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 pm

» worlds fastest shed
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:29 am

» Scamp Insurance
by Mk3rob Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:24 pm

» NOT A Mk1 darn sarf on Ebay
by Mk3rob Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:17 pm

The resurrection of Pea - brainstorming session :-)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The resurrection of Pea - brainstorming session :-)

Post  TRR Motorsport on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:51 pm

I was told it was off a Radical 😉 but as it's the same width as the chassis between the rear wheel it would be rude not too 😄
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

View user profile http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Re: The resurrection of Pea - brainstorming session :-)

Post  TRR Motorsport on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:39 pm

It's been a while (I've been posting updates on the Scamp Facebook page but as I was say in the bath soaking for a bit I had some spare time to update on progress.

I've made a better roll hoop and have tried to triangulate everything to stiffen the chassis up. I've tried to reuse as many of the original panels as possible to keep as much of Pea's character as possible.

The back end had been modded for coilover and two tunnels made for side exhausts.

I had my first crack at spraying topcoat. Porsche Gulf blue (slightly lighter than the old colour with an orange stripe. Graphics are dark blue instead of black this time.

GRP seat shells have been used and the seat is about 10" further back than a standard mk3 position, 4" further back than the previous incarnation. I've brought the steering column even further back so much so that the wheel has to be removed to get in or out of the car.

The engine is still a 5 port but the split webers are on eBay and a single Weber will be fitted for the time being. It will be supercharged later.

Money is running out so it's still on standard 8.4" brakes though :-(. Big brakes will have to wait.

The front subframe came back from powder coat a few days ago and will be built up tomorrow. I'm hoping to fit the engine on Saturday. It might even run as well. ;-)

Come hell or high water (I hope not) it will be driven to Stoneleigh. I'll then do a price on the build for the Scamp Magazine.
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

View user profile http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top