Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

suffolk scamp

3 posters

Go down

suffolk scamp Empty suffolk scamp

Post  westhamwal Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:59 pm

well its beenawhile ,still no roof or doors but at least its up and running and got T/T on it.the pic I posted was when I was getting the tracking sorted. having lots of issues with speedo at mo , I need a cable that is square tapered at both ends, anyone know where I can get one please let me know regards Wal:) 
westhamwal
westhamwal

Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : galvaniser
Registration date : 2013-04-06

Back to top Go down

suffolk scamp Empty Re: suffolk scamp

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Are you sure about "tapered at both ends"? Don't remember ever coming across a tapered speedo cable end. I have, though, come across a distorted drive spindle. So if your parallel-sided, square-section, cable end refuses to go into its matching square hole, it may be the hole that's the problem.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

suffolk scamp Empty suffolk scamp

Post  westhamwal Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:53 am

Embarassed yes its not tapered its square at both ends it was also very long, longer than the 4foot one I orderedoff of mini spares. It broke behind the speedo clock.i can understand what you are saying about it might be worn at engine end but original was square not ovoid shape as was sent . if I turn speedo cable around the square end is perfect fit, does all that make sense!!! im not sure but was thinking perhaps its a metro one . Were they different? Thanks for the info, any other suggestions welcome wal:) 
westhamwal
westhamwal

Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : galvaniser
Registration date : 2013-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:51 pm

If it's a Metro speedo you have got,they did change the square drives as they changed their manufacturer of the speedometers. If it's standard Mini then the outer cables will either have a metal ferrules at either end,or a Clubman speedo will have a clip on arrangement at the speedo end. As far as the inner drives go, some manufactures will supply you with a cable that is oval in section at the ends,this will still fit into the square drive. If it's a standard Mini set up and you want a cable a little longer then the Morris 1100 cable should do that (you will have to contact owner's clubs or classic car parts suppliers to source one).Hope this will be of some help.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:36 am

Mini Spares can supply cables of various lengths and fittings, including the 1100 type which is essentially a Mini one but longer (sorry, can't remember the exact length), used with a Mini speedo moved from its central position to in front of the driver.
Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down