Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Wohoo...New Member

4 posters

Go down

Wohoo...New Member Empty Wohoo...New Member

Post  nhazelwood Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi folks,

Just a quick post to warn you of a soon to be new member. I say soon because i've got a little road trip planned for sunday to pick up the little scamp. Unfortunately when you live in Birmingham, Aberdeen & back is quite a bit of driving. Plus i've just seen the weather forecast for sunday, torrential rain & galeforce winds.....and the little scamp hasn't got a roof panel either!!

If anybody was watching the yellow mk2 scamp on ebay last week..........i got it, sorry.

Hopefully see you at some future events, for those of you who were at Coney Green i was the passenger in the Discovery & no i wasn't driving when it got stuck ! (i was the one who stalled steves scamp going up the slope, & rolled back down).

If everything goes according to plan (Ha fat chance), the little scamp won't be yellow & will be a little bit smarter by the time you get to see it. Plans are afoot as they say. What do you get if you cross a machine designer with insomnia + £20,000 of state of the art CAD software + mk2 2 scamp...............wait & see.

Cheers,

Neil Hazelwood
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Number of posts : 259
Job/hobbies : Design Engineer, Insomniac, General Bodger
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Wohoo...New Member Empty Re: Wohoo...New Member

Post  ZED Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 am

Hi Neil, Good to hear from you. Very Happy We hope your collection goes well! Shocked

Enjoy your project,
Elaine&Reg. sunny
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum and Scamp ownership.

We look forward to seeing you and your new Scamp at a Scamp do or two next year.

Cheers

James
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:31 am

nhazelwood wrote:If anybody was watching the yellow mk2 scamp on ebay last week..........i got it, sorry.

This one?

Wohoo...New Member 4f3e_1

Elaine. Very Happy
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wohoo...New Member Empty Doooooh Thank you RAC.....

Post  nhazelwood Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:47 am

Thats the litlle puppy, or as he's now called "Wimpy". Very Happy

The names due to a combination of his number plate, and his performance....

He was described as slightly spluttery.... try flat as a fart due to no4 piston not working ! confused

The little devil managed to get 75 miles to Dundee in 3rd gear & 50 mph (not enough power to get into 4th). Till his cylinder head gasket went.... No So he'll be delivered sometime this week by the recovery company... Lucky i renewed my membership on saturday!!!

Apart from that a good trip,left at 5:00am, 920 miles, 12 cans of red bull, 40 embassy no1, 8 yorkies, 3 bacon & egg rolls & 9 4 shot latte's, got home at 3:30am, up at 6:00 for work !!! Shocked

Cheers guy's & gal's.

Neil Sleep Sleep
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:26 am

Sounds like the sort of chap that has all the entry requirements to join SOC (I don't think he is a member but I could be wrong being 3500 miles away) so Neil if you have not sent Nettie our lovely secretary and my fiance a cheque for £13 with your application form (downloadable from our website) do so now you won't regret it there is wealth of anaraks and other life forms in the club that will give you advice on what to do with your Scamp mostly polite advice I might add. bounce
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Wohoo...New Member Empty The Eagle Has Landed....

Post  nhazelwood Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:35 am

Well Wimpy turned up tonight....javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy') The recovery company were going to send the little chap down on the back of a transporter with another dropoff in my area.
Seems that the boss of the company took pity on the little chap standing out in the rain with no roof & his seats getting wet! So he sent him to his new home this morning.

So he's sitting on the drive covered in tarpaulins, desperately waiting for me to get home from work tmrw to take his cylinder head off. Just dusted off my Vizards tuning book which hasn't seen the light of day for 15 years... might get the die grinder out while i'm tinkering.

Once the engine is back together, my next task is the electrics. Fuel gauge doesn't work, temp gauge doesn't work, wipers keep blowing fuses, instruments don't work...etc...etc... Oh the light do work !

Then i've got a new dashboard to make, roll cages to cut off & replace, bonnet to remake, interior to strip out, handbrake to sort out, clutch to change...sheesh.

Oh well a clean slate is the best type, so they say.

Membership may have to wait a little bit.....Just changed bank accounts & they don't issue cheque books !

If i can work out another way to pay, i will gladly do so...

Cheers for your warm welcomes,

Neil

PS, when i get a chance, i'll post some pic's before i start modifying, the old man wants to document it so expect some work in progress pic's as well.
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:28 am

Hi Neil, Nettie can send you a standing order form to take to your bank if that is more convenient, let us know your email address by sending a pm on this forum or to scampownersclub@yahoo.co.uk
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down