Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

An old chestnut rearing its ugly head again

4 posters

Go down

An old chestnut rearing its ugly head again Empty An old chestnut rearing its ugly head again

Post  x4traktrekax Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 am

Looks like the government have decided to revisit this subject again, good to see they find this moreimportant than sorting out the mess we are all in!

Hi

Please follow this link and sign the petition. It's about stopping a load of new laws that our MPs are voting on in October. If they go through, it will be the end of modifying bikes and cars. We will not be allowed to touch anything from the airbox to the back tyre! We won't even be allowed to change our own spark plugs!

Only 'type approved' standard parts will be allowed, and will have to be fitted by approved main dealers only.

ABS will become compulsory.

Vehicles over 7 years old will not be allowed in urban areas.

Bikers will have to wear hi-viz top clothing.

These laws, and more, will put all the small custom / chop shops, tuners, bike builders etc out of business!

So please sign this petition, and forward it on to everyone in your address book. This needs to be brought out in to the public eye, before it passes through 'under the radar'.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/5334/signature/new

There are going to be many co-ordinated protest rides on 25th September. If you want to take part, or would like to watch or help publicise them, here is a link to the MAG web page with the details. It also explains these proposed laws in greater detail.

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

Thanks for your help & support.

x4traktrekax

Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : Driver
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

An old chestnut rearing its ugly head again Empty Re: An old chestnut rearing its ugly head again

Post  Rum Tum Tugger Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 am

I'm not going to petition against rumours, half-truths and journalistic spin. How about some links to the actual proposed regulations? They seem conspicuous by their absence from http://services.parliament.uk/bills/, for example.

Something the French or Irish may be "considering" does not amount to it being laid before Parliament. I find it hard, too, to believe some of the things asserted when our legislators have been bending over backwards to introduce the IVA scheme, which goes in a completely different direction (ref: this month's Mini Magazine). And with the inclusion of obvious nonsense like "we won't even be allowed to change our own spark plugs", how can we have any credibility in the rest?

Rum Tum Tugger
Rum Tum Tugger

Number of posts : 1000
Job/hobbies : Retired computer boffin, Morris musician
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

An old chestnut rearing its ugly head again Empty Re: An old chestnut rearing its ugly head again

Post  wezgit daan saaf Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:41 pm

As far as the bike legislation goes,I must admit I havn't heard anything as yet about the proposals mentioned above.The 4-2-2 mot sceme is definately being chucked about at the moment because we were given a petition to sign by the RMIF (Retail Motor industries Federation).

I personally am all for the snow clearing bill;

Summary of the Bill
A Bill to provide immunity from prosecution or civil action for persons who have removed or attempted to remove snow from public places; and for connected purposes.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:55 pm

It would appear you are right,there is need to protect the government from meddaling with the motor cylce regs,the link below shows that up to 2009 motorcycle fatalities went down,in fact more than halved,wheras "other road users" (i.e. car occupants I would presume) went up.

http://www2.dft.gov.uk/pgr/statistics/datatablespublications/accidents/

follow the link and the first PDF table,it makes interesting reading.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

An old chestnut rearing its ugly head again Empty Petiton

Post  Mk3rob Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Well i would have signed the petition if i could have got past the anti spam verification.

The two words that you have to duplicate were total rubbish

Gov conspiicy to stop people signing up ????????????????????? Sad Evil or Very Mad
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down