Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

FORD Fiesta based spartan treka unfinshed kit. £300 or VNO

2 posters

Go down

FORD Fiesta based spartan treka unfinshed kit. £300 or VNO Empty FORD Fiesta based spartan treka unfinshed kit. £300 or VNO

Post  michael mcelroy Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 pm

hello there,

This kit is similar to a scamp in appearance. hence reason for posting this thread on the scamp web forum.

I am selling this as an incomplete spartan treka kit, after a long process of indecision, having decided its time to pass it on to someone who can finish it and give it the use it deserves. either full completion, for use on road, if not, then off road as trial / hill climber car...

The kit has never been registered with DVLA- the process is now that

1st the kit will require a VIN to be issued by DVLA (as its a full new chassis and hence identity of vehicle)

2nd you complete car then take to a VOSA inspection station for an IVA, (individual vehicle assessment).

3rd - with IVA approved, the car is then re-registered by DVLA with a a new age related registration plate

I'm off to VOSA with some pics of the kit just to check that it will actually pass an IVA, without need for a substantial alteration to the front crumple zone and roo bar assembly

If this is too much for you to do for on road use, and you are an off roader, then the kit is good for off road use as a hill trailler, grass track racer (will take up to 1600cc ford cross flow front wheel drive fiesta engine) or (dread to think of this), possibly a stock car chassis..

not quite the ending that i expected - but thats how it has to be as the car was never re-MOT'd before the regulations for IVA / SVA came into being.

if you are interested, please get back to me.
if you arnt, and you know a scamp owner who is, then please put them in touch

thanks

mike mcelroy

michael mcelroy

Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : cars - esp a 1958 morris minor, which i have owned since i was 12 and rebuilt 3 times. !!
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

FORD Fiesta based spartan treka unfinshed kit. £300 or VNO Empty Re: FORD Fiesta based spartan treka unfinshed kit. £300 or VNO

Post  SUMB Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi Mike,

To save you any time, the Treka will not pass the current IVA test. Far too many sharp edges.
SUMB
SUMB

Number of posts : 531
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down