Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Food Standards Agency Hygiene Ratings

+3
Mk3rob
Martin & Nettie
ZED
7 posters

Go down

Food Standards Agency Hygiene Ratings Empty Food Standards Agency Hygiene Ratings

Post  ZED Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:10 am

Eating out/Take away? You might find this link useful...
http://ratings.food.gov.uk/Welcome.aspx

Elaine&Reg. Wink
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Food Standards Agency Hygiene Ratings Empty Re: Food Standards Agency Hygiene Ratings

Post  Martin & Nettie Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 pm

I was going to say what has this got to do with Scamping !!!!!!!! but I won't cos your link may be of use to someone vomit
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Food Standards Agency Hygiene Ratings Empty Re: Food Standards Agency Hygiene Ratings

Post  Mk3rob Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:10 pm

I was going to say what has this got to do with Scamping !!!!!!!!

Wth all the eatng out whlst at events and camping Martin, I would have thought everything.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks for that Elaine, but about as much use as a chocolate teapot for me. Not one listing in Lincolnshire - must be cos we all eat nothing but tates Laughing
SUMB
SUMB

Number of posts : 531
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!

http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Some areas run their own schemes, yours might be on here
http://www.food.gov.uk/safereating/hyg/hygieneratings/ukschemes/scoresengland#h_6

In a way I wish I hadn't looked at some of the ratings around here.... My fave indian restaurant not that we go more than once or twice a year Chilli N Spice in Swannington only got 1 (major improvement necessary), which is quite a shock really as it ain't a cheap night out!! Shocked

On the plus side our other faves, The George & Dragon (where we had the Scamp pub do) and The George Inn at Coleorton both got 5 (very good). Cool
And the Kashmir Tandoori (best kebabs in the uk) got 3 (Generally Satisfactory) which to be honest, was better that we would have thought! Laughing

Hope it won't put anybody off their dinner,
E. Wink
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Nothin like building up your anti bodies,just picture a Scamp crawling over a field where sheep/cows/dogs have been and then mucking about with your greasy old Scamp,then picking up your sandwich to take a bite! Good hygene has to be a good thing,but it makes you wonder what happened before the food standards agency,and wheather it has anything to do with so many peoples non-resistance to allergies nowadays.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  minislapper Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:23 am

Thanks for the links. Going out with some work chums at the end of next month and just found the place we're supposed to be going to only get a ''1'' rating. I'll be mentioning this to them today..... yuck

minislapper

Number of posts : 296
Job/hobbies : Job: Education - Hobbies: minis, motorsport and things on 4 wheels in general
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:29 am

Chris, They reckon a lot of allergies & asthma are down to kids eating junk, fast food, ready meals, etc, and not exercising enough.

And when you think about it...
The great outdoors. When we were kids as soon as we'd mastered walking, we were outside for most of the day (just in the garden until we were older).
Food. There were no treats between meals, and the meals were nutritious. There was no playing with your food, eating was done at the dinner table, and if you took too long/left it... well, that was it until the next scheduled mealtime!
TV. No sitting watching the tele for hours, ours rarely got switched on (much like here nowadays).
Walking. We walked everywhere, school was only half a mile away, so not too far... But everywhere was at our Mum's pace, not the snail's pace, concrete shuffle that today's mums seem to do... My Mum's 71 now, she still marches at least 2 miles a day.. and there's not a patch of cellulite on her little (she's only 4' 11") legs.
Shopping. Shopping was done at a multitude of shops, and on most days. The village that I lived in had a greengrocers, so that was ok, but our other food shop was expensive, so my mum would speed-march us to the Co-Operative store in Hugglescote instead. It's less than a mile and a half each way, but it's hilly. And of course, what she couldn't cram underneath my sister's pushchair, she put in her shopping trolley. Whichever you chose to push, it was bloody heavy on the return journey.

Whereas nowadays.
Most kids watch the tele for at least a hour, whilst snacking on crisps, biscuits or chocolate (every single day)! Shocked
They only go outside to play if the weather is suitable.... What's all that about, whatever happened to wrapping up well & wellies? Neutral
Shopping journeys are by car/bus. scratchchin
And walking is far from 4mph. No

Mmmm, I wonder why the nation's getting fatter and more health problems. Sleep pig

You're gonna reap just what you sow,
Elaine. Wink

P.S Things such as Rickets are even making a comeback. Disgusting, the parents should be prosecuted!!!

Last edited by MESS on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:18 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the Rickets bit. :))
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:33 am

minislapper wrote:Thanks for the links. Going out with some work chums at the end of next month and just found the place we're supposed to be going to only get a ''1'' rating. I'll be mentioning this to them today..... yuck

It's worth clicking on the venue to see when they were last checked. It might be a year ago, and could have since changed hands...

E. Very Happy
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Linda was born into farming and I remeber Ben hurtling through the slurry outside the milking parlour,they also touched and stroked the animals without us springing on them to remind them to wash their hands instantly. I am not saying that Hygene is not a bad thing,but even those with a healthy outdoor lifestyle seem to suffer more with alergies now than ever before. Without a gentle intake of some of the bad things surely it has to help to building up our immunity to many things.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you're saying Chris. Very Happy

Cryptosporidium is endemic on UK farms nowadays though, so we have to be a lot more careful than before...
E. Wink

Cue Martin's jokes! Laughing
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:25 pm

What about Godstone Farm in 2009 - nothing wrong with a bit of cow poo now and again as long as you wash it off properly - do we all carry one of those little bottles of hand sanitiser in your pocket or handbag (ladies) or manbag (for those of that ilk) that are available in Poundland (also available in other similar shops that draw you in thinking you will only spend a pound and leave with £10 worth of things that sit on the shelf for months or years).

PS: A Congressman was seated next to a little girl on an airplane so he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk?? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"
"Oh, I don't know," said the congressman. "How about global warming, universal health care, or stimulus packages?" as he smiled smugly.
"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"

The legislator, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."
To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss global warming, universal health care, or the economy, when you don't know shit?" And then she went back to reading her book.
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:26 am

See I told you! Laughing
ZED
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 pm

O.K. Martin,I get what you are saying,don't know shit!!Godstone was an isolated incident and whist I feel very sorry for the children involved,thousands had been there before them with no ill effests.All I am saying is that the more we wrap our children in cotton wool and protect them from the environment around them the less resistant the become.Afterall,some aquaintances of my brother bought some eggs from a well known superstore and became parralised with salmenela.Who knows where it may come from next?
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Sorry Chris I searched the net for an item on poo and pasted it in - the moral of this storey is - always wash your hands after going to the bathroom, fondling cows, sheep, pigs, pets etc - but you knew that already, know where's that goat.

horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse horse
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:29 pm

I remember the gory pictures when I was an apprentice about protecting and washing your hands,even more so now wth the modern oils we use and the additives in them,so it's not just animals and food where you need to keep your hands clean.Anyway,good subject Elaine,keep 'em coming.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Food Standards Agency Hygiene Ratings Empty Sorry Ladies

Post  Mk3rob Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:09 pm

All App/Fitters are shown the HSE flms about Dermatology What a Face

You can always tell a Hydraulc ftter.............he's the one who washes hs hands before he has a wee What a Face Twisted Evil

Bloody "i" key s stickng agan Evil or Very Mad
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 pm

What about a Kwik Fit fitter ?
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Back to top Go down

Post  nhazelwood Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:29 pm

In my experience, most kwik-fit fitters can't wipe their own arse's, let alone wash their hands!!!
nhazelwood
nhazelwood

Number of posts : 259
Job/hobbies : Design Engineer, Insomniac, General Bodger
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:26 pm

I don't know,they can flog a set of shock absorbers,an exhaust and a set of brakes to an old granny when she want help with a flat tyre!!
We had a customer a few years back that had a punture just outside Kwik Fit,they flogged her a complete set of tyres,she then complained to us because we missed them on the service.We complained to the manager and they put her old tyres back on.Another one that is up and coming,that has popped up in Eastbourne,is the Halfords brand back in the fast fit again,they have taken over our local Natiionwide auto centre.
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down