Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

ANY DETAILS OF GT GYX712W PLEASE?

4 posters

Go down

ANY DETAILS OF GT GYX712W PLEASE? Empty ANY DETAILS OF GT GYX712W PLEASE?

Post  GT3Rob Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Any one got any information/more pics on the only GT on the Scamp club picture collection?
How about some pics of yours Mac? Charlie? Brians scamp?-Red one with roof rack.
Do we know how many GT,s are out there. And did anyone see a GTr rear engined scamp? 4x4Rob.
GT3Rob
GT3Rob

Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Retro Cars, Unfinished projects, cars from 1960,s onwards.
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

ANY DETAILS OF GT GYX712W PLEASE? Empty Re: ANY DETAILS OF GT GYX712W PLEASE?

Post  Jono Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:27 pm

I've got one....somewhere....... Very Happy
Jono
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:53 pm

It was Andrew Mcleans 1st GT, I remember Kieth Thingy from Stourport way had it for while and it went Orange hence Tango, Matt Smith had it stripped it down and sold it on - don't know where it is now bounce ANY DETAILS OF GT GYX712W PLEASE? Pic0024
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  OSR Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:30 am

I think I have Tango or at least the bonnet which was orange with Tango written on it when I bought mine. It appeared on Ebay at the beginning of July 2008 being sold by Matt Smith. I wanted to get it as a birthday present to myself but landed up working away so missed out. Amazingly a month later it reappeared on the Bay but didn't met the reserve with me being the 2nd highest bidder. I emailed the seller to see if we could do a deal and we split the difference and off I trundled to Solihull to pick it up. The guy selling it was a VW fanatic and found out his bay pickup needed a lot of welding just after he bought the Scamp so sold it on again to raise some funds.

Since then progress has been slow with work, lack of cash and various house moves getting in the way. I'm hoping to get her finished over this winter but we're without workshop/garage space at the mo so need to get that sorted first. I have got the engine running finally (there's a thread on the technical board) and the rear has been stripped out with a plan to fit a fuel tank behind the seats, move all the rear lights in board (to keep the electrics nice and dry) and put a storage locker where the fuel tank used to be. Martin & Nettie's photo is interesting as I'd decided to mount the spare tyre on the back instead of behind the seats which seems to be where it was originally.

If anyone has any more photo's or info on the car I'd love to hear from you either on this thread or via PM. I've got bits and pieces about the history of the car but it'd be good to fill in some of the gaps. I'll post some photo's up tomorrow when I get a mo.

BTW I've named her Clova and once all the mechanical stuff is sorted she's being painted white and having purple cow-print graphics Very Happy

Charlie
OSR
OSR

Number of posts : 404
Job/hobbies : Scamping!
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Moooooooooooooo lol!
Martin & Nettie
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down