» Guy Martin new series
by Mk3rob Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:06 pm

» Typhoon Jet power
by Mk3rob Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:12 pm

» Ha Ha Another prat who cant drive
by Mk3rob Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:03 pm

» SOUTHERN PRE CHRISTMAS PUB MEET 19th NOVEMBER
by Mk3rob Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 pm

» White Mini Cooper stolen from Richmond last night.
by wezgit daan saaf Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:12 pm

» Mk. 3 Steering Rack?
by kevin1977 Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:49 pm

» Mk3 6 wheeler for sale
by Mk3rob Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:26 pm

HASTINGS BASH CAMPING

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HASTINGS BASH CAMPING

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Tue May 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Can those of who are making the treck down south please tell me when you will be arriving because,as it is half term week,the campsite will be very busy,therefore we ought to book it now or we will loose out.I know that some said they would do the weekend and arrive on the Friday,but I just need to know please.
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1035
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HASTINGS BASH CAMPING

Post  Mk3rob on Tue May 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Thurs evening should do me Chris through til the Sunday.

Let me know if they need a deposit

Rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2248
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport on Wed May 19, 2010 11:58 am

Sadly we won't be able to make it down to hastings this year. The weekend will be Jenson's naming cerimony and Harriet's 5th Birthday party so we'll have plenty of preparation work to do.
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

View user profile http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Wed May 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Lookin' like just you and me then Rob! Come on folks, it's half term week, I have taken time off work to organise this, surely there are more takers than just one? I'll give it till after the weekend, if I don't get any more replys then I'll abandon it yet again!
wezgit daan saaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jono on Wed May 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Sorry chap.....working and can't come down.
Jono

Number of posts : 386
Location : Work in the "Badlands of Oldbury".. Home amongst the little people, deep, deep in the Forest.
Job/hobbies : Professional Bodger and first-class excuse maker..... Scamp owner and club member!
Registration date : 2008-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED on Thu May 20, 2010 5:47 am

Jono wrote:Sorry chap.....working and can't come down.

Same this end.

Elaine&Reg.
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

View user profile http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie on Thu May 20, 2010 7:21 pm

I think they are all scared to go down South Chris - I spent 40+ years down there, they won't eat you you know! come on I know its 6 a gallon for fuel, Chris makes the effort to organise a do and a camp site and no one bothers, as he said he will cancel it
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Thu May 20, 2010 8:21 pm

South of Watford Gap syndrome I think. When you think of the ammount of events that John and I travel to as well, and many of them are getting further and further North.But "hey ho" one tries,and we'll keep on trying,but it does get dammed frustrating.When you look at the threads on Himley and the Newark and Leicester do's and then look at the threads on this do,Brooklands,Belgium,and London to Brighton it just makes you wonder if it's all worth it.
wezgit daan saaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB on Thu May 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Chris, I really appreciate all the effort you have put in to trying organise the Belgium run and now the Hastings bash but unfortunately I am unable to have the time off work due to someone else booking that week just after Xmas and the weekend, as James has already said, is Jenson naming ceremony and Harriet birthday party.

Chaz & Colette
SUMB

Number of posts : 530
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!

View user profile http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob on Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 pm

So are you coming down Martin
Mk3rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin & Nettie on Thu May 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Unfortunately we are off in the other direction (to the lakes in the caravan) and as I said I know that part of Sussex like the back of my hand. I have done my fair share of going to events since I joined the club back in 1994. As the old addage says - you can organise an event, but you can't make people go to it!

PS What's a naming ceromony ? you were baptised in my day
Martin & Nettie

Number of posts : 1216
Job/hobbies : Former SOC President and Secretary - its up to Mr Wezgit & Nettie now
Registration date : 2008-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley on Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Chris,
We really appreciate the effort you have made.

Unfortunately, this year we are having to limit our attendance to the various shows and events, so we will be unable to make it.

We really would like to support you, especially as it is in the half term week.......but unfortunately we can't....really sorry.

Hopefully......we will be able to support you at your next event.

Cheers

Dave (& Alison)
muttley

Number of posts : 396
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 am

It's not just this event Dave it's this southern thing.The Brooklands meet which is away from everything else in the season had 3 hits(by me),Himley had 42 hits in the end.I know we live out on a limb down here but we had to travel 70 miles to get to Brooklands so it's not exactly a local thing and John and I were,once again,the only ones there.

Last edited by wezgit daan saaf on Fri May 21, 2010 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
wezgit daan saaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED on Fri May 21, 2010 10:03 am

Feel really guilty now.
Hopefully we'll be able to take more holidays next year when the DIY on the bungalow is complete and the mortgage is paid off (woo-hoo!). Until then, the odd days that we do get off work (usually opposite to each other's) have to be dedicated to finishing our home... Reg has been here for 11yrs, me for 8 and a half.... the end to the big jobs must be near? PLEEEASE!!!!

Not scared of travelling darn sarf, just haven't got the free time at the mo,
Elaine, Reg & Sten dog.
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Fri May 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Don't feel guilty Elaine,I know everone has things to do,but it would be nice,on the odd occasions,to have some responce for one's hard efforts.It would also be good to have a few more central do's,I know Jermeys do in Oxford used to be a good one,but even he had a job the last time,I think he only had one person turn up.
wezgit daan saaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony on Fri May 21, 2010 9:43 pm

wezgit daan saaf wrote:It's not just this event Dave it's this southern thing.The Brooklands meet which is away from everything else in the season had 3 hits(by me),Himley had 42 hits in the end.I know we live out on a limb down here but we had to travel 70 miles to get to Brooklands so it's not exactly a local thing and John and I were,once again,the only ones there.

Chris - we really are very sorry that we will not make it for the whole break but we do hope to make it for a day or possibly two but unfortunately the timing is rather difficult. We woiuld have loved to come down your way in the summer holiday! We do try to get to as many things as possible but it is just not possible - either financially or timewise.

As to Himley - we had 5 scamps (All reasonably local - well it was only for the day)- 10 people (inc 2 rug rats) on the stand and three Scamp club visitors.

Apologies Chris - it really is not lack of effort.

Last edited by lin and tony on Fri May 21, 2010 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : muppetry!)
lin and tony

Number of posts : 592
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John on Fri May 21, 2010 9:57 pm

Now if I can only persuade Mk 3 Rob NOT TO COME the long distance award (if there is one) will be mine, all mine.
Five and a half miles away!!!!!!!!!!! Wesgit may be futher away but as he is organising the event he would not be eligable.
While I was slowly bashing the keys I see there is a possibility of another threat to my long distance award.
Hope to see Lin and Tony and Mk 3Rob there.
John

Number of posts : 159
Job/hobbies : .
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SUMB on Fri May 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Unfortunately in previous years I have no excuse for not attending other than my pure idleness Embarassed Embarassed

But this year is a little different, Colette has to book the majority of her holidays before Xmas - bloody stupid system - and also has to work alternate Saturdays. My works will not allow 2 of us to be on holiday from the office at the same time and there are a few that are queued at the managers desk to book their holidays the first hour of us being back form the Xmas break.

But we promise faithfully to try and be more supportive of southern events next year.
SUMB

Number of posts : 530
Job/hobbies : Bike spares / Trying to figure out how to try and get to Mongolia again - soon!

View user profile http://www.bombercountyminis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport on Sat May 22, 2010 9:09 am

And what of other members in the south?

From past experience where ever we held an event we always have the same core members (no bad thing). I remember that the first do Rick organised down south was attended mostly by midlanders with virtually no members from the south. where are they and why don't they support club events in their area? Probably their just the same as the mambers we never see that live in the midlands and it is a shame.

Like I said, we'd have made the trek down south but it's a busy weekend for us and our family and it's been arranged for quite a while.
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

View user profile http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Sat May 22, 2010 9:28 am

I do realise that juggling your own personel life around Scamping can be difficult and demanding,It is not so much the lack of attendance it is the lack of responce.For me,the Brooklands thing was more dissapointing than this one,mainly for the lack of responce.Thanks for all of your comments on here,it certainly has opened up a can of worms,and I certainly don't want to go upsetting any of you.As for the Hastings event,well I origially launched it at Christmas as a Belgian do and it got changed in March to a Hastings do for lack of responce and the costs uinvolved with the pound taking a dive.With the 80 or so members in the club it always has been a hardcore of members that attend events,and,as I have said before,it is difficult to juggle your own personal life around Scamping.Tony,if you still want to come down and see our area you are more than welcome,just tell me the dates and I will book the campsite.Rob,it still might be on,and John looks like your long distance award may be smashed.Once again,thanks for all of your comments.As for Rick's events I did attend a couple of them and enjoyed them,but with working every other Saturday it was not always an option,but I did try and make the 2 hour 85 mile trip if I could.
wezgit daan saaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Sat May 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Just as a post script,for those of you who said you may be able to come,and gave me registration numbers,I have just received the entry numbers to Tinker's Park Steam Engine rally on the Saturday,and Harriot and Jenson,have a good naming event,if I know your Mum and Dad,it will be one hell of a party!
wezgit daan saaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Out n abote doon sarf

Post  Mk3rob on Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Chris..............out enjoying yourself again

I have just spoken to Tony and we will be meeting up on Thurs evening and driving down in convoy and hopefully both staying till the Sunday.
For me that is no probs, 4 L&T it is subject to how much School work/prep that Lin has to do in the half term.

Speak later
Mk3rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Sorry,just been out topless(Scamp that is),thanks for the reply,I will book the campsite(one provisional),looks like I'll have to phone the other 3 that said they were coming at Stoneleigh as I have had no replys from them either way as yet.
wezgit daan saaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED on Mon May 24, 2010 9:59 am

Hopefully the other three will be able to join you as well, and you'll have a nice little group going on.

We should have a permanent page dedicated to a 'WANTED' advert in Scampers. It could say something along the lines of ....
Wanted!
Fresh Faces, or even tired ones!
You can come to us, or maybe we could come to you?
Don't be shy, we were all newbies once...

And we could add a different witty comment to the advert every issue, just to keep it interesting (maybe get members to send in their best one-liners?).

You never know, we might get to meet a few more members.
Elaine.
ZED

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf on Mon May 24, 2010 5:10 pm

If the other 3 turn up we should have 6,which shouldn't be too bad for an event so far out on a limb.I am not sure what you call a group of Scampers,is it a whoop or a flange?
wezgit daan saaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top