Mini Scamp Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MKII project
by PostageScamp Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

» Mk1 chassis and panels on eBay
by OldMK1 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

» Mk3 back from Mongolia
by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:25 pm

» Mk 1 chassis
by OldMK1 Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:00 pm

» Re rack *************************
by Rum Tum Tugger Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am

» mk 3 project on Ebay
by Rum Tum Tugger Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:19 am

» Wooden Hustler
by OldMK1 Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm

» Its back on again or scammed
by Rum Tum Tugger Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:58 am

» Mk3 GT NOT reg'd
by Mk3rob Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 am

Mike & Wendy's weekend do

+3
muttley
Mk3rob
ZED
7 posters

Go down

Mike & Wendy's weekend do Empty Mike & Wendy's weekend do

Post  ZED Mon May 10, 2010 11:31 am

It's only a few weeks away, and the Scamp website says to check on here for details, but I can't find anything on here about it... Mike & Wendy's weekend do Confused

Elaine. Mike & Wendy's weekend do Icon_wink
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mike & Wendy's weekend do Empty Re: Mike & Wendy's weekend do

Post  Mk3rob Mon May 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Its still on

I spoke to Mike yesterday at Himley Hall.

The only discussion point was on what ventures were going to happen (answers to be PM'd, on the back of a postcard to Mike)

As i am only attending on the Saturday, and with people arriving, top of my list was the Ford Mike & Wendy's weekend do Icon_twisted . I'm sure Charlie and Massie would agree.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  muttley Mon May 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Not sure whether we'll be there.....but there is always:

Ragley Hall Classic Car Show

30th – 31st – Classic Car Show
The Classic Car Show returns to Ragley once again with a wide range of cars on show and a host of stalls. There will be over 600 cars and motorbikes as well as tradestands, autojumble and children's inflatables.
Plus new for 2010 Monday is VW day with Volkswagen cars, vans and buses on display.

I understand there is a entrance fee.........which isn't cheap but maybe we could get in as a club and have a "Stand" ?
muttley
muttley

Number of posts : 397
Job/hobbies : Kit Cars, Retro Cars, Cycling, Watching Unbuilt Scamps
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mk3rob Mon May 31, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi to all who attended Mike's B'ham Bash.

As you know i only managed the Saturday due to starting 5 nights at 10pm that night. I did manage to survive til 6am when i managed 30 mins zzzzzzzzz before my 7am knock off. The afternoon we had a run out to a Craft center and a Farm Shop. The evening was spent at the Chinese, Fill your face and belly all for a tenner, in B/ham.

I collected Mike's old A-frame and it is now fitted (bolted brackets) onto the front of my Scamp............whether it will stay on there is another thing Mike & Wendy's weekend do Affraid . All i need to do tomorrow is run it on my test track, normally known as the M54 (J2-3) A41, A5 and the A449 back into Wolves. The Scamp will be towed down to Hastings later this week along with Lin and Tony to attend the Wezgiz extravaganza.
Mk3rob
Mk3rob

Number of posts : 2521
Job/hobbies : DIY, Cars, reading and survival!!

Back to top Go down

Post  TRR Motorsport Mon May 31, 2010 6:05 pm

Yes, it was another great Scamp weekend. The sun shone on Sunday afternoon whilst we were at Ragley Hall classic car show and the BBQ.

We had 'timetrials' around the adjacent field and drank plenty of ale.

A big thank you to Mike & Wendy for putting on another classis SOC weekend, Superb! Mike & Wendy's weekend do Icon_cheers
TRR Motorsport
TRR Motorsport

Number of posts : 1320
Job/hobbies : Being British!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trrmotorsport/

Back to top Go down

Post  lin and tony Mon May 31, 2010 8:12 pm

Can we add our thanks to Mike and Wendy for another fantastic weekend. Mike & Wendy's weekend do Icon_biggrin
Fantastic bbq as usual, plenty of drinking Mike & Wendy's weekend do 221997 - and of course some Scamping - playing on a mound of dirt Mike & Wendy's weekend do 566536 and an autograss track in the next door field Mike & Wendy's weekend do 341549A few 'races' around the track - including against Mike and Wendy's neighbour in his Shogun! (The Scamps held their own - far superior handling but outpulled on the straights and some great driving on his behalf! - all resulting in the inevitable mending of Scamps! - tyres off rims, bent stearing rack(many thanks to Adam for his help here) and finally a cracked subframe. All good fun - although not sure Colin thinks so - engine out AGAIN!!!!

Again our thanks to Mike and Wendy - will send pics to main website for those interested.
lin and tony
lin and tony

Number of posts : 594
Job/hobbies : mending our Scamp - again and again!
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  ZED Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:43 am

Sounds like you all had another good one. Mike & Wendy's weekend do Icon_biggrin Hopefully we might be able to make it next year, will probably only be for a day though...

Hey, a pinch & and a punch, it's the first day of the month!
Elaine&Reg. Mike & Wendy's weekend do Icon_lol
ZED
ZED

Number of posts : 1026
Job/hobbies : Calibration Technician. Cars, guns, allotment!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://www.2rr.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  wezgit daan saaf Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:41 pm

A big thankyou to Mike and Wendy for all of the effort you both put into your weekend,I hope I can get at least somewhere near to your standards next year.Another thankyou for letting me stay another night and letting me use the paddock,however I forgot what chickens do at the crack of dawn,especially the cockerel! No worries though,I soon went back to sleep again and the next thing I heard was a bibbing at the gate at 8.15 to see the loo collection man had arrived. I also was able to keep wide awake on the return journey by a droneing coming from the Scamp,by Clackets Lane services on the M25 it was so loud it drowned the radio out,got it back safe and sound though(tomorrows project,nearside front wheel bearing). Mike & Wendy's weekend do 566536
wezgit daan saaf
wezgit daan saaf

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Mechanic/Scamps & family
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  frederick wright Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Mike and Wendy.

Just like to say thanks for a great weekend, pity about the weather on Saturday.

The trip into Brum in the evening was an eye opener, working out who was who and was an he or a she?

Filled my face but out done by Andrew who ate twice as much and twice as fast.

Sunday and the day trip to the car show was an experience.

So many different types of vehicles and what stories we heard about the goings on at Longbribge, no wonder they went tits up.

In the evening was the barbeque. This was great, but a bit embarrassed at the slide show afterwards. Still learning about driving off road, will get the hang of it? ( I hope)

Looking forward to Newark in a fortnight, see you all there.

Fred and Tasha.

P.S. trailer made it home fine thanks Mike.
frederick wright
frederick wright

Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : Driving my scamp.
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down